ADVERTISEMENT

Active shooter now 20 plus injured in Florida school

Student who was in class and is now on the run according to FoxNews. Sounds like it started in a classroom. So scary, and something I fear every single day I come to work and do lunch duty with 200+ kids in the cafeteria.

Reactions: BWM85
When does humanity man up and end murder once and for all, can't believe we haven't figured that one out yet.

Hopefully no one was killed and only injured. Best outcome of a horrible situation.

They’ve confirmed at least one fatality. Dad on FoxNews said his daughter sent him pictures of the scene and there were people dead/injured lying in the hallway.

Student said someone pulled the fire alarm and students started to evacuate, then she heard 5 pops and they knew it wasn’t a drill. They had had a fire drill earlier today.

They’ve confirmed at least one fatality. Dad on FoxNews said his daughter sent him pictures of the scene and there were people dead/injured lying in the hallway.

Student said someone pulled the fire alarm and students started to evacuate, then she heard 5 pops and they knew it wasn’t a drill. They had had a fire drill earlier today.
Damn, just damn. Prayers to everyone down there. Near my old stomping grounds (Sunrise) and I know exactly where all this is going down.

Caught him in a nearby neighborhood. Multiple casualties.

Said he was a member of a bunch of online gun groups and had participated in a YouTube chat about bomb making. That’s why they evacuated the building once they knew they had him.

Student who was in class and is now on the run according to FoxNews. Sounds like it started in a classroom. So scary, and something I fear every single day I come to work and do lunch duty with 200+ kids in the cafeteria.
That makes two of us, Wally. Especially with some of the stuff that has been going on recently at our school.

Reactions: givemapoke
This is the 18th school shooting this year. My guess if KOP jr was shot it might be important to you
Well we need to find out the reason for the shootings. I'd say that the media coverage has a lot to do with it. These kids who have severe mental issues know that they will get national attention for any terrible act they commit. If you're talking about having a serious look at undiagnosed mental health then I'm all for it.

Well we need to find out the reason for the shootings. I'd say that the media coverage has a lot to do with it. These kids who have severe mental issues know that they will get national attention for any terrible act they commit. If you're talking about having a serious look at undiagnosed mental health then I'm all for it.

We should probably not make any changes to current gun laws and get rid of the media. That should take care of it.

I agree with Chris Rock. Just make bullets $10 each and a lot less people will get killed.

You could go to the extreme and ban all guns of any kind from all civilians and it won't stop this stuff. If someone wants one bad enough, they'll get it. We need to look at what else has changed in the past 20-30 years to make all of this so much more common. Call me crazy and a lune all you want but the two biggies for me are taking prayer/God out of schools and taking away most of a school's ability to control/punish a student.

The city with the most restricted guns laws still has the most gun murders.

The government and the Branch Dividians. This was over guns (and to some extent polygamy) and the government interfered and it did not work out to well.

Is he the Prez?

Does he not write Executive Orders not start?

Pull your head out of your ass .

Now 7 deaths is that not enough for you?

Throttle back a little dude....I get the fact this is a hot button for you.

This is not about a personal attack of a board member or a single government official. Pointing fingers and hostility will not solve this problem. This is about proactively dealing with mental health issues. Sometime in the near term our medical community needs to address lack of mental health and it's propensity to facilitate these occurrences.

Probably. Yet, more evidence that there is no point in changing anything at all.
Horrible argument.

“Do something” is not a policy proposal. Propose something, and let’s discuss. There are a shit ton of gun laws on the books already. Every single mass shooting in the past several decades violated one or several...build a policy proposal and let’s discuss.

Reactions: Kenny Orange Powers
Horrible argument.

“Do something” is not a policy proposal. Propose something, and let’s discuss. There are a shit ton of gun laws on the books already. Every single mass shooting in the past several decades violated one or several...build a policy proposal and let’s discuss.

Did that already (months ago) on the politics board. Not inclined to go through it again.

It just wears me slick that this keeps happening and so many people respond with (basically) "there is nothing we can do to fix the problem". There are probably 10+ posts, ITT, which are saying/suggesting that nothing can be done.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT