ADVERTISEMENT

Active shooter now 20 plus injured in Florida school

Bump stocks, mega-size clips are not guns. Why are they still legal? If we make it a felony to own them how does that violate 2nd Amendment?

Reactions: Oh Ess You
Making this political about guns will not resolve this.

On a trip Back from Belgium to the US on a leg to Washington D.C. from Brussels I sat next to the #2 ranking person in the Department of Education for the US, this was about 4 years ago. We had a bunch of time and we shared ideas on education. I asked him about school shootings, he looked like he was starting to sweat, rubbed his hands over his face and hair several times, look concerned, took a deep breath and sat back deep in to his chair. He was silent for a second. He said that this was a REALLY complicated issue and that the psychology behind this is understood but really, really, complex with several contributing factor. He said that this was a really long conversation and he said politely not one he wanted to get in to because of just how complex the issue is.

He did not say it was a bullet or gun issue, neither did he say it was not. But he made it very CLEAR, it was a very complicated issue that involved the psychology behind why a young adult decides to kill other young adults. He also said it was going to be very difficult to stop based on our current culture, parenting, changes in involvement in churches, school pressures, peer pressure, bullying, how life is valued today, teachers lack of ability to control a class room and parent today, etc... He said there is a reason we did not see this back in the 50's like we do today.

Last edited:
Hoops is having a meltdown wondering why trump can’t stop murder. If anybody should be on a list it’s him.

Reactions: dalco93
Did that already (months ago) on the politics board. Not inclined to go through it again.

It just wears me slick that this keeps happening and so many people respond with (basically) "there is nothing we can do to fix the problem". There are probably 10+ posts, ITT, which are saying/suggesting that nothing can be done.
And not a single one proposing anything other than “do something”.

The left loves the “do something” for gun control if it could save even just one life. When we talk immigration, actually policy proposals get shot down (like build a wall) because it won’t fix everything.

Bump stocks, mega-size clips are not guns. Why are they still legal? If we make it a felony to own them how does that violate 2nd Amendment?
How many lives today would banning those have saved?

Also, states can and have banned those.

And not a single one proposing anything other than “do something”.

The left loves the “do something” for gun control if it could save even just one life. When we talk immigration, actually policy proposals get shot down (like build a wall) because it won’t fix everything.

1). As posted above. Make certain weapons, and weapon modifications, illegal.

2). Limit the number of guns an individual can own. You have the right to bear arms, but you don't have the right to own more than X number.

3). Make screening prior to legal gun ownership more stringent.

That is a starting point.

At least start a discussion (within our government officials) to see if they can come to a consensus to make some recommendations for ideas that will limit easy access to guns. They shouldn't just throw up their hands and say, "sorry about your dead kids".

To answer your question, I don't think it does violate the second amendment. My question to you is, how does that solve anything? Multiple laws are broken in every one of these shootings. Adding more restrictive laws isn't going to help. What might help is trying to identify what has changed in our culture from our past that may be helping to lead to these situations. Maybe reversing some of those changes might help. Adding more laws so that when a mass shooting occurs 25 laws are broken instead of 15 doesn't seem like a fix to me.

Reactions: CowboyTanker
Please not you too.
only because of who started this. If he hadn't complained about every other thread I wouldn't have done it but I found humor in that. I didn't even notice it until about 5 mins ago when I was in the forum page and saw this thread. Sad deal and I will be praying for those poor parents who lost kids today. Sad deal.

Reactions: Been Jammin

2). Limit the number of guns an individual can own. You have the right to bear arms, but you don't have the right to own more than X number.

At least start a discussion (within our government officials) to see if they can come to a consensus to make some recommendations for ideas that will limit easy access to guns. They shouldn't just throw up their hands and say, "sorry about your dead kids".
1. Which weapons

2. What is the proper number? Should we limit the number of Big Macs people purchase per year too? They kill more people than guns.

3. How much more? Who gets to set the rules?

only because of who started this. If he hadn't complained about every other thread I wouldn't have done it but I found humor in that. I didn't even notice it until about 5 mins ago when I was in the forum page and saw this thread. Sad deal and I will be praying for those poor parents who lost kids today. Sad deal.

Ok I’ll allow it if it’s ironic. I’m just on the edge of my seat for the wrong board police to come along and demand this get deleted or moved because they don’t have the will power to spend one second scrolling past and ignoring. We are a community and venting about current events is part of that in my opinion. It’s a losing battle though. Someone will email jeff and threaten to pull their ten bucks.

Reactions: JonnyVito
Guns have been in this country from the beginning. Prescription drugs, divisive media, violent video games, tv and divorce are in direct correlation to school shootings. The conversation is all wrong.

When people are shoving Big Macs down others throats and giving them heart disease, we can talk about that. That's a silly comparison.
How about parents shoving Big Macs down their kids throats? Still silly? How about my insurance costs more because of all the people shoving Big Macs...

1. Which weapons

2. What is the proper number? Should we limit the number of Big Macs people purchase per year too? They kill more people than guns.

3. How much more? Who gets to set the rules?

1). I don't know. You asked for ideas. Let's start a discussion and determine if we can do something to reduce the numbers of dangerous weapons available to people inclined to do something like this.

2). I don't know. You asked for ideas. Let's start a discussion and determine if we can do something to reduce the numbers of dangerous weapons available to people inclined to do something like this.

3). I don't know. You asked for ideas. Let's start a discussion and determine if we can do something to reduce the numbers of dangerous weapons available to people inclined to do something like this.

Here's one more.

4). Offer $1000 to buy any gun that someone wants to sell. Kids will be looking to sell any gun lying around. If you can't keep your gun out of your kid's hands, then you shouldn't have one. If your kid sells your gun, then you have to pay a fine and prove that you have made changes to prevent the kid from having access to it before you get it back.
(admittedly, there are problems with this idea, but it is a start to a discussion).

1). I don't know. You asked for ideas. Let's start a discussion and determine if we can do something to reduce the numbers of dangerous weapons available to people inclined to do something like this.

2). I don't know. You asked for ideas. Let's start a discussion and determine if we can do something to reduce the numbers of dangerous weapons available to people inclined to do something like this.

3). I don't know. You asked for ideas. Let's start a discussion and determine if we can do something to reduce the numbers of dangerous weapons available to people inclined to do something like this.

Here's one more.

4). Offer $1000 to buy any gun that someone wants to sell. Kids will be looking to sell any gun lying around. If you can't keep your gun out of your kid's hands, then you shouldn't have one. If your kid sells your gun, then you have to pay a fine and prove that you have made changes to prevent the kid from having access to it before you get it back.
(admittedly, there are problems with this idea, but it is a start to a discussion).
So...”do something”.

Guns have been in this country from the beginning. Prescription drugs, divisive media, violent video games, tv and divorce are in direct correlation to school shootings. The conversation is all wrong.

There are more guns in this country now than 50 years ago. Is it possible that has something to do with the increase in school shootings?

Reactions: janroc
Situations like this are terrible. How do you protect your self, families or Children from anyone that would do anything like this. I have posted several times about my Nephew Dalton Cole Dorsey of tiny Lookeba, Ok. I believe in gun control and the laws that govern. Something is wrong here. Kids carrying guns and the availability of them on the street. My brother in Law Jim Dorsey of hinton has donated countless hours trying to help educate the public about child gun safety. Some of you may have seen him on TV when this happened. A lot of my friends with myself included now carry guns because of incidents like this. I hope at some time in our lives we can see an end to this. Children Killing Children. Something is definitely wrong! Our Nation may be in a state where the laws may not be enough. You never know the feeling these victims have suffered until it happens close to you.

Charge planned in teen's death
Ron Jackson Published: April 11, 2006 12:00 AM CDT Updated: April 11, 2006 12:00 AM CDT
facebook twitter pinterest email
#vid-ad{ position: relative; width:100%; height:0; overflow:hidden; } #videoAdPlayer { width: 100%; height: 408px; margin-bottom: 20px; position: relative; }
Advertisement

ANADARKO Caddo County Assistant District Attorney Tyler Lowe has seen enough.

For the second time in three months, a teenager in his area has been accidentally shot to death.

"When will we get these juveniles to stop treating firearms as if they are toys? Lowe said Monday.

Today, Lowe plans to charge a 15-year-old Lookeba boy with first-degree manslaughter in the shooting death of his 15-year-old friend, Dalton Cole Dorsey.

Caddo County Sheriff Gene Cain said Dorsey was camping with three friends Friday on family property south of Hinton when a .22 caliber rifle discharged.

"Four boys all friends, Cain said. "They had a rifle, and were playing around. One boy grabbed the rifle, and it went off, shooting his friend (Dorsey) in the eye.

"They knew right away he was dead.

You might also be interested in...

Show more
Lowe defined the crime as "reckless handling of a firearm.

"I'm starting to see a disturbing pattern, he said.

In January, Anadarko's Anthony Joseph Allen accidentally shot his 14-year-old friend, Aaron Haddon, to death with a .45-caliber handgun. The two boys were playing video games and listening to music at the time of the shooting.

Allen, 15, was charged with first-degree manslaughter.

His preliminary hearing is May 1.

"Sad deal, Anadarko Police Chief David Edwards said. "It's a tragedy for the families, and a tragedy for the community.

Dorsey's funeral is scheduled for 2 p.m. Wednesday at the Ethel McClain Gymnasium in Sickles.

Last edited:
There are more guns in this country now then 50 years ago. Is it possible that has something to do with the increase in school shootings?

No. There has always been guns and schools ripe to be shot up. Our degenerate culture cultivated by degenerates given a media platform of cable tv and now social media because we live in a service economy with ideleness is responsible. Without the character of labor and work to survive we have more and more fvcked up people.

Reactions: poke2001
Isn't that better than "sorry your daughter got shot at school today, sucks to be you"?
Not really. It’s a bullshit sentiment. Saying we should do something won’t stop anyone from getting shot, especially when this shooter likely broke multiple gun laws already on the books.

No. There has always been guns and schools ripe to be shot up. Our degenerate culture cultivated by degenerates given a media platform of cable tv and now social media because we live in a service economy with ideleness is responsible. Without the character of labor and work to survive we have more and more fvcked up people.
But...bump stocks and large “clips” dude.

And his facebook profile has him proudly wearing his red MAGA dunce cap.
What a shocker a Trumpster.
May want to walk this one back a bit. Some fake stuff is running around. I know you hope this is true, but in 90% or more it simply isn’t.

And his facebook profile has him proudly wearing his red MAGA dunce cap.
What a shocker a Trumpster.
You do not cry for lives lost but use this as a political opportunity for your own selfish purpose, you have no morals, none. These kids did not give their lives for your racial problems and your selfish hate. Go eat a dick and choke on it.

Reactions: dalco93
You do not cry for lives lost but use this as a political opportunity for your own selfish purpose, you have no morals, none. These kids did not give their lives for your racial problems and your selfish hate. Go eat a dick and choke on it.
And he’s likely going off a false tweet that went around.

Not really. It’s a bullshit sentiment. Saying we should do something won’t stop anyone from getting shot, especially when this shooter likely broke multiple gun laws already on the books.

So. "Do nothing".

Got it.

Meth is illegal, Cocaine is illegal. Yet people buy, make, sell and die from them everyday.

Guns aren't the problem. People are.

Reactions: AC_Exotic and BWM85

A lot of irony in this post.

So. "Do nothing".

Got it.
Do nothing would accomplish the same thing as you do something but wouldn’t infringe on law abiding citizens or cost money. So yeh, I’m ok with do nothing if there is no alternative proposal.

Meth is illegal, Cocaine is illegal. Yet people buy, make, sell and die from them everyday.

Guns aren't the problem. People are.

People have existed for a very long time. Yet the number of mass shootings keeps going up. In the United States.

But, you are probably right. It is just a shitty situation with no solution. Let's all cross our fingers and hope that we/our loved ones are not the victims. Hopefully we will all get lucky.

Reactions: janroc
Do nothing would accomplish the same thing as you do something but wouldn’t infringe on law abiding citizens or cost money. So yeh, I’m ok with do nothing if there is no alternative proposal.

Get back to me if you change your mind after someone you love is killed in a mass shooting. Odds are slim, so there's that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT