ADVERTISEMENT

Wyatt Sheets

oberebo

Heisman Candidate
Gold Member
Oct 30, 2005
Shawnee,OK
Wyatt Sheets is wrestling in the Cliff Keen Journeyman Classic now. It is on Flo but I have been unable to find brackets for the event. He did win his first match 5-2.

Wyatt Sheets is wrestling in the Cliff Keen Journeyman Classic now. It is on Flo but I have been unable to find brackets for the event. He did win his first match 5-2.
As I said there are no brackets posted on flo or USA wrestling that I have found. I have not seen any other wrestlers with Oklahoma ties but there are wrestlers from all over the world there including Russia and Korea.

Thanks for the update.
I really do not know what happened at this tournament. Only watched it off and on and during a match between Diakhomalis and a Russian the Russians disagreed with a call and walked out and Flo now says the tournament is over. Only saw Sheets one time and can find no results. This whole tournament is a mystery to me.

I really do not know what happened at this tournament. Only watched it off and on and during a match between Diakhomalis and a Russian the Russians disagreed with a call and walked out and Flo now says the tournament is over. Only saw Sheets one time and can find no results. This whole tournament is a mystery to me.
I was looking for it earlier on Track and couldn't find any info. Whike I was looking for it I ran across the Oklahoma FS/GR team trials. I was wondering why Sheets wasn't there.

Last edited:
His win over Verkleeren is a huge win for him. That kid is a world champ and one of the top wrestlers in the country at his weight.

His win over Verkleeren is a huge win for him. That kid is a world champ and one of the top wrestlers in the country at his weight.
I agree. He looks very strong. He does give up his legs a lot but has great balance and strength and he manages to use these assets to compensate and counter many leg attacks. He will be a great addition to our team. Verkleeren is a cadet world champ in August of 2015.

Wasn't there another guy named Sheets back in the '80s who gave up his legs a lot but seemed to always come out on top? Let's see, what was that guy's full name?

I thought that one move on Gisandanner in the second period was something that works in collegiate style, but costs you points by virtue of rolling through on your back. Not so sure that a mental lapse (or just wrestling different rules) did not make the match appear closer than it was. For a dominant rider to be so effective at freestyle is impressive. My thoughts is that he is a better recruit than previously ranked.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT