ADVERTISEMENT

Who said this?

There are recipes online for making the biscuits at home, its not as good but its a pretty reasonable facsimile.
They sell a pre-made mix in stores.

b521167a8a8d62aa6131c064661fcb6c.jpg

And Christianity doesn’t? Lol...nice try.

Christianity (specifically the Catholic Church) built Western Civilization as we know it. And Western Civilization is responsible for about 99% of human advances.

Islam destroys wherever it gains a foothold. Just look at pre-1979 and post-1979 Iran. A case study if there ever was one.

Christianity (specifically the Catholic Church) built Western Civilization as we know it. And Western Civilization is responsible for about 99% of human advances.

Islam destroys wherever it gains a foothold. Just look at pre-1979 and post-1979 Iran. A case study if there ever was one.

Didn’t realize Christianity was so popular in China and Japan...

Was it Islam that destroyed Iran? As I recall there were lots of Muslims there before 1979. Are you sure it wasn't a turn towards reactionary politics that destroyed Iran?

Reactions: CowboyJD
Wow thanks for the info

Clinton, heads up, it looks like some genius at Red Lobster is trying to make their restaurants completely unnecessary. I would start looking again.
It's good, but it still isn't the same. You can only get real Cheddar Bay biscuits when they are baked with Clinton loving care and brought to you in a basket wrapped in a napkin.

WTF is Cheddar Bay anyhow? Is that in Wisconsin?

Was it Islam that destroyed Iran? As I recall there were lots of Muslims there before 1979. Are you sure it wasn't a turn towards reactionary politics that destroyed Iran?

It was a secular country before 1979. The laws were based on Western tradition, Hardly any women covered themselves up prior to 1979. Then afterwards a theocracy was instituted, women were forced to cover themselves up, laws were based on Sharia and all of a sudden the country became a shithole.

It was a secular country before 1979. The laws were based on Western tradition, Hardly any women covered themselves up prior to 1979. Then afterwards a theocracy was instituted, women were forced to cover themselves up, laws were based on Sharia and all of a sudden the country became a shithole.
So it was politics not religion

Reactions: CowboyJD
Interesting. Thanks for posting that. I remember when they weren't in existence.

Do you think the mix in the store is an exact replica? Is something additionally done in the restaurant? I can't replicate the Cheddar Bay biscuit even with the mix. There's something missing.

I’ve never bought the mix before. Is there garlic topping included?

It's always Islam. Do not try to trick your brain into thinking otherwise. Arabic translation is "Submit". Iran and their females certainly submitted after Khomeini took over. Would you not agree?

It's always Islam. Do not try to trick your brain into thinking otherwise. Arabic translation is "Submit". Iran and their females certainly submitted after Khomeini took over. Would you not agree?
We never talk about submission in church

Reactions: CSCOTTOSUPOKES
Islam existed benignly in Iran before the revolution, it's almost like the reactionary politics of Khomeini are the actual problem.

Islam existed benignly in Iran before the revolution, it's almost like the reactionary politics of Khomeini are the actual problem.
Or the installation of Sharia law. You don't have Sharia law without Islam.

Is your "church" a mosque :D

But I want you to understand that Christ is the head of every man, and the husband is the head of his wife, and God is the head of Christ. Any man who prays or prophesies with something on his head disgraces his head, but any woman who prays or prophesies with her head unveiled disgraces her head--it is one and the same thing as having her head shaved. For if a woman will not veil herself, then she should cut off her hair; but if it is disgraceful for a woman to have her hair cut off or to be shaved, she should wear a veil. For a man ought not to have his head veiled, since he is the image and reflection of God; but woman is the reflection of man. Indeed, man was not made from woman, but woman from man. Neither was man created for the sake of woman, but woman for the sake of man. For this reason a woman ought to have a symbol of authority on her head, because of the angels. (NRSV, 1 Corinthians 11:3-10)

ToonTown: I'm an atheist. You attack Christianity and yet quote scripture to try to make some kind of twisted point about god knows what. That's the literal definition of hypocrisy and why most of us sane people are fed up with you and your ilk.

ToonTown: I'm an atheist. You attack Christianity and yet quote scripture to try to make some kind of twisted point about god knows what. That's the literal definition of hypocrisy and why most of us sane people are fed up with you and your ilk.

I’m quoting scripture to show how the Bible isn’t negligibly more “noble” and “godly” than the Quran or any other religious text.

Or the installation of Sharia law. You don't have Sharia law without Islam.
Yeah, but don't you think that sharia is just the particular flavor the oppression takes? If Iran was not Muslim, the reactionary politics would have just taken a different form, like juche, fascism, or run of the mill nationalism. No?

Yeah, but don't you think that sharia is just the particular flavor the oppression takes? If Iran was not Muslim, the reactionary politics would have just taken a different form, like juche, fascism, or run of the mill nationalism. No?
You must not know much about the Iranian Revolution. It is fascinating history. The secularists and leftists jumped on board figuring they'd increase their power. They couldn't have been more wrong.

The Revolution was a response to government liberalization and 2,500 years of monarchy. It wasn't about oppression unless you think Islamic government and Sharia law are oppressive.

You must not know much about the Iranian Revolution. It is fascinating history. The secularists and leftists jumped on board figuring they'd increase their power. They couldn't have been more wrong.

The Revolution was a response to government liberalization and 2,500 years of monarchy. It wasn't about oppression unless you think Islamic government and Sharia law are oppressive.
You don't think the people who run the Islamic government and impose sharia law would have found another justification for their authoritarian instincts, absent Islam?

My position is that people like Sharia because it oppresses women. Is, your position that people oppress women because they like Sharia?

Reactions: CSCOTTOSUPOKES
You don't think the people who run the Islamic government and impose sharia law would have found another justification for their authoritarian instincts, absent Islam?
You believe the motivation for the Revolution was authoritarian instincts? Interesting. Food for thought I guess even though the history is well documented.

There wouldn't be an Islamic Republic without Islam. Could a non-Islamic revolution have happened that resulted in some other form of authoritarian government? It's possible, but that isn't what happened. Ifs and buts, candy and nuts.

My position is that people like Sharia because it oppresses women. Is, your position that people oppress women because they like Sharia?
Huh? You're doing that word salad thing.

You believe the motivation for the Revolution was authoritarian instincts? Interesting. Food for thought I guess even though the history is well documented.

There wouldn't be an Islamic Republic without Islam. Could a non-Islamic revolution have happened that resulted in some other form of authoritarian government? It's possible, but that isn't what happened. Ifs and buts, candy and nuts.

The Iranian Revolution was as much an economic revolution as it was any religious intent. The Shah was tight-knit with America.

Not talking about the Revolution, I am talking about the regime that the revolution put in place.

I'm just saying it happens all the time where revolutions lead to non Islamic authoritarian regimes. Islam hasn't cornered the market there.

My bad. Do you think Sharia is the cause of bad people, or do you think bad people are the cause of Sharia?

Not talking about the Revolution, I am talking about the regime that the revolution put in place.
The regime that took over has been led by religious zealots.

I'm just saying it happens all the time where revolutions lead to non Islamic authoritarian regimes. Islam hasn't cornered the market there.
Of course not, but we're discussing Iran and not other non Islamic authoritarian regimes.

My bad. Do you think Sharia is the cause of bad people, or do you think bad people are the cause of Sharia?
Are there other choices to pick from?

The regime that took over has been led by religious zealots.
By definition reactionaries.

Of course not, but we're discussing Iran and not other non Islamic authoritarian regimes.
We are trying to figure out if Islam or reaction are the causes of Iran's post 1979 fall from prosperity. My contention is that since Iran was full of Muslims before 1979 and after, it isn't the Islam's fault.

Are there other choices to pick from?
You can make up your own choice if you want.

We are trying to figure out if Islam or reaction are the causes of Iran's post 1979 fall from prosperity. My contention is that since Iran was full of Muslims before 1979 and after, it isn't the Islam's fault.
Sure it was full of Muslims and was very secular for a country full of Muslims. Religious hardliners rejected the continued liberalization of the country and took over the government. Today Iran is an Islamic Republic ruled under Sharia law. Islam and establishment of Islamic law was a large driver of the Revolution. But you're probably right. Islam as a religion played no role.

Sure it was full of Muslims and was very secular for a country full of Muslims. Religious hardliners rejected the continued liberalization of the country and took over the government. Today Iran is an Islamic Republic ruled under Sharia law. Islam and establishment of Islamic law was a large driver of the Revolution. But you're probably right. Islam as a religion played no role.
Guns don't kill people, people kill people right?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT