ADVERTISEMENT

What terror attack in Sweden?

relax man!

raw

Former Swedish PM hits back at Trump with a tweet.

Pointed out that the county in Florida in which Trump appeared to give his speech talking about Sweden (Orange County, Orlando is county seat) had more than DOUBLE the number of murders last year than the entire nation of Sweden.

BTW, Population of Sweden - 9,593,000. Population of Orange County, FL - 1,225,000.

What's that thing from the Bible? Oh that's right, beware of pointing out the speck in someone else's eye, while ignoring the plank in your own.

This is the kind of stupid stuff (from an international diplomacy standpoint) that just doesn't need to be done. In an effort to try and paint Sweden as having massive problems due to immigrant/refugees while ignoring completely the fact that the US has far, far greater problems with crime is just insulting to Sweden. How do you think doing crap like this improves the likelihood that Sweden, and other similarly situated countries, are going to be motivated to share intelligence with us?

Pointed out that the county in Florida in which Trump appeared to give his speech talking about Sweden (Orange County, Orlando is county seat) had more than DOUBLE the number of murders last year than the entire nation of Sweden.
It isn't murders that the Swedish people are pissed about. It's a great oranges and potatoes comparison though.

In an effort to try and paint Sweden as having massive problems due to immigrant/refugees while ignoring completely the fact that the US has far, far greater problems with crime is just insulting to Sweden.

Sweden has many no-go zones, and an unarmed population.

We don't have no-go zones, and an armed population.

#Perspective

Reactions: squeak and MegaPoke
It's almost as if Trump purposefuly mentioned "last night in Sweden" (per Bannon's suggestion) knowing the predictable left and MSM would swallow the bait - knowing full well Sweden (and other progressive European weenies) are covering up crime statistics, and that the willing fools in the media would inadvertently shine the light on this for people to notice?

For what purpose? To link crime with refugee flows and bulletproof the coming extreme vetting EO.

Yes, almost. As. If.

Lol though. Trump is s buffoon and there's clearly no point to his madness. It just keeps working for him through sheer luck.

It's almost as if Trump purposefuly mentioned "last night in Sweden" (per Bannon's suggestion) knowing the predictable left and MSM would swallow the bait - knowing full well Sweden (and other progressive European weenies) are covering up crime statistics, and that the willing fools in the media would inadvertently shine the light on this for people to notice?

For what purpose? To link crime with refugee flows and bulletproof the coming extreme vetting EO.

Yes, almost. As. If.

Lol though. Trump is s buffoon and there's clearly no point to his madness. It just keeps working for him through sheer luck.

He is like forest Gump

Reactions: MegaPoke and squeak
Weird its like Trump has info that the average Joe doesn't. Guy is such a buffoon though, right @davidallen?

Also the best part of this thread is the idea that the media has the american peoples back and is reporting the truth. I have ocean front property in Siberia with warm wonderful beaches for that poster.

Weird its like Trump has info that the average Joe doesn't. Guy is such a buffoon though, right @davidallen?

Also the best part of this thread is the idea that the media has the american peoples back and is reporting the truth. I have ocean front property in Siberia with warm wonderful beaches for that poster.
I thought the riot pics were from the Portland privileged class social gatherings...

Actually the data on Sweden has been out there its is just no one really went looking for it befire. For example the video on what happened to the 60 minutes news crew. And about a year ago or the police in Sweden strongly recommended that women not go out in public by themselves.

For that matter stories of cover ups by the government and press there have been around at least that long.

I wish all these liberals that can not admit there are large problems with Muslim nations and communities would live in those environments for 30 days.

Most of these people who bash us redneck Islamaphobes live in gated communities and work in buildings that require ID to get into.

Bunch of hypocrites.

Yes, almost. As. If.

I believe it is less deliberate mentions and direction/suggestion by Bannon than it is Bannon not being concerned by Trump's off the cuff remarks because Bannon has a rapid response team (coordinated and controlled, not grassroots and spontaneous) that is very good....stellar even...at switching the narrative.

I see it more as excellent counter-reaction and counter-insurgency than I do proactively tactical and strategic.

Reactions: davidallen

Excellent example of the contortions some people will go through to justify stupid behavior... you're smarter than this JV.

I believe it is less deliberate mentions and direction/suggestion by Bannon than it is Bannon not being concerned by Trump's off the cuff remarks because Bannon has a rapid response team (coordinated and controlled, not grassroots and spontaneous) that is very good....stellar even...at switching the narrative.

I see it more as excellent counter-reaction and counter-insurgency than I do proactively tactical and strategic.

Oh I know where you stand on the strategy theory. That's why I said "almost as if." Like a dog saying I love you or something I guess.

Reactions: CowboyJD
Excellent example of the contortions some people will go through to justify stupid behavior... you're smarter than this JV.
I am just razzing you David. Honestly I have stepped back from the crazy political world we live in now and my life has been better for it. I am just a lot happier. If they need me to pick up arms I am still here though. lol

This is the kind of stupid stuff (from an international diplomacy standpoint) that just doesn't need to be done. In an effort to try and paint Sweden as having massive problems due to immigrant/refugees while ignoring completely the fact that the US has far, far greater problems with crime is just insulting to Sweden. How do you think doing crap like this improves the likelihood that Sweden, and other similarly situated countries, are going to be motivated to share intelligence with us?
It seems Sweden is actually having some issues, at least according to two of their politicians...

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/02/23/sweden-democrats-trump-was-right.html

This thread is almost a perfect microcosm of everything going on. Facts, alt facts, hubris, ignorance, finger pointing, stupid remarks, intelligent remarks....it's honestly kinda fascinating how this one thread reads.

Reactions: davidallen
I propose a test...goes something like this:

Define a marker for "Trump said something ridiculously stupid." Let's say...a new @davidallen @syskatine or @hollywood thread pops up where they shit themselves. Might drop @syskatine bc his ramblings would dilute the efficacy of the marker.

Define how Trump is allegedly stupid.

Wait 2 weeks.

Reassess what was "known" by society as a whole on the day of the utterance and compare that to what is "known" in aggregate at +14 days. What conversations are being had? Is Trump defensible, or is persuasion on an item specific basis incrementally taking place? (That last metric is hard to gauge)

But there are possible proxies: 1. Less bed shitting on said topic by libs on this board. 2. Apply the Reasonable Person threshold to knowledge at day +14. @CowboyJD might be a good at weighing this.
Revisit the stupidity of Trump on the specific topic.

Accumulate enough of these assessments to make the verdict meaningful.

Obviously this test is open to suggestion for better methodology and efficacy.

Possible to test the inverse as well.

"Trump is BRILLIANT for xyz" stated by defined markers.

Wait.

Evaluate.

Rinse. Repeat.

I propose a test...goes something like this:

Define a marker for "Trump said something ridiculously stupid." Let's say...a new @davidallen @syskatine or @hollywood thread pops up where they shit themselves. Might drop @syskatine bc his ramblings would dilute the efficacy of the marker.

Define how Trump is allegedly stupid.

Wait 2 weeks.

Reassess what was "known" by society as a whole on the day of the utterance and compare that to what is "known" in aggregate at +14 days. What conversations are being had? Is Trump defensible, or is persuasion on an item specific basis incrementally taking place? (That last metric is hard to gauge)

But there are possible proxies: 1. Less bed shitting on said topic by libs on this board. 2. Apply the Reasonable Person threshold to knowledge at day +14. @CowboyJD might be a good at weighing this.
Revisit the stupidity of Trump on the specific topic.

Accumulate enough of these assessments to make the verdict meaningful.

Obviously this test is open to suggestion for better methodology and efficacy.

There is a reason I've never tried to become a judge. Beyond pointing to me as the voice of reason, it seems like a viable methodology, IMO.

Reactions: CBradSmith
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT