ADVERTISEMENT

What terror attack in Sweden?

The great president Ronald Reagan misspoke all the time. His supporters loved it. Drove the left up the wall. Awesomely effective and successful president. Reagan was Reagan. Carter was Carter. Obama was Obama. Trump will be Trump. Love it.
First I was a huge supporter of president Reagan and he did misspeak, but, President Reagan didn't misspeak, then blame the media for reporting it. Or attack the media when they fact checked him wrong...........the media is not an enemy of the American people, as President Trump said yesterday, the media and the freedom they are allowed is the most important thing the American people have.

Reactions: davidallen
He said "last night"
That suggests that he wasn't speaking about a general long term issue.

The public should not have to play "maybe he meant" every time he speaks. He should be well prepared before he gives a speech. It is not like this was in answer to a surprise question from a reporter.

Good point. I'd also like to add that the public shouldn't have to listen to the hyperbolic media scream the sky is falling every time the man opens his mouth. It's increasing apathy at light speed, desensitizing to the point that a real issue will be blown off when alarm is required.

I read the outrage, then the quote, and was like.......

giphy.gif

This is what the outrage in this thread is over?
Yes, yes it is. And while we're nashing teeth over the Trump manufactured terror attack where he took a play out of Obama's book and didn't even mention terror attack, the left is losing their minds over the First Lady saying the Lord's Prayer because that's what the wives of dictators do and what not.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...-reciting-lords-prayer-at-campaign-rally.html

I wasn't aware this level of stupid could exist, even inside a laboratory that makes new levels of stupid.

First I was a huge supporter of president Reagan and he did misspeak, but, President Reagan didn't misspeak, then blame the media for reporting it. Or attack the media when they fact checked him wrong...........the media is not an enemy of the American people, as President Trump said yesterday, the media and the freedom they are allowed is the most important thing the American people have.
Blah, blah. Funny how Obama blasted FOX News and Limbaugh ad naseum.

Yes, yes it is. And while we're nashing teeth over the Trump manufactured terror attack where he took a play out of Obama's book and didn't even mention terror attack, the left is losing their minds over the First Lady saying the Lord's Prayer because that's what the wives of dictators do and what not.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...-reciting-lords-prayer-at-campaign-rally.html

I wasn't aware this level of stupid could exist, even inside a laboratory that makes new levels of stupid.
I have no problem someone reciting the Lord's Prayer, but it was pretty awkward, and to me it came across as an act.......I have not watched all of President Trump's rally's ( or whatever you call them), maybe they do that every time, but it did not come across as genuine at all, at least to me........

Been jammin do you agree Islam is ruinig Europe most effectively without guns, bombs or trucks?

Islam is becoming more of a problem in Europe. Ruining? Not sure I would go that far.

You are only talking about this because you first played "maybe he meant", though.

Our president should not be speaking ambivalent gibberish. He should take the time to prepare so that he can make a clear point. Then the left won't criticize him with "maybe he meant" and the right won't feel the need to defend him by doing the same.

Blah, blah. Funny how Obama blasted FOX News and Limbaugh ad naseum.
I was not a fan of President Obama, but, I had never seen President Obama say something, the media report it verbatim, and then he attack the media for them reporting what he said........sorry, but Rush Limbaugh is more of an entertainer than a media source........that would be like going to Bill Maher for all your news

So, you can point to 1 extremely stupid thing that Obama said over an 8 year period, while we can list 5+ extremely stupid things that Trump has said in 1 month. Rationalization at its best.
Really? We all know (including you) that there is a deep well of stupid shit Obama said in 8 years. Let's keep things in perspective. Trump said nothing about a "terror attack" so whether that's what he meant or not is pure speculation.

Back on Obama, refresher?

Like your plan...like your doctor...save $2,500 a year... All intentional lies to convince the American people to support Obamacare.

ISIS is JV....Fort Hood workplace violence...Benghazi, video.... All intentional lies to downplay the increasing threat of radical Islam (but we can't say that).

See any pattern? There's more if you need more. Not excusing Trump for saying dumb shit, but your post was on the verge of blatant intellectual dishonesty.

Really? We all know (including you) that there is a deep well of stupid shit Obama said in 8 years. Let's keep things in perspective. Trump said nothing about a "terror attack" so whether that's what he meant or not is pure speculation.

So, once again, your defense of our POTUS is, "I'm really not sure what he meant when he said that". Unacceptable.

Like your plan...like your doctor...save $2,500 a year... All intentional lies to convince the American people to support Obamacare.

Intentional lies? Or did his healthcare plan not work the way he was expecting it to? I don't know the answer, but you are saying he intentionally mislead the public when he knew what the final outcome would be.

ISIS is JV....Fort Hood workplace violence...Benghazi, video.... All intentional lies to downplay the increasing threat of radical Islam (but we can't say that).

These were just "alternative facts". OK, I am kidding. It is clear that there is a large dichotomy between Obama's opinion of how big a threat Radical Islam is, and Trump's. I'm fairly sure the truth is somewhere in the middle.

I'm not saying Obama was the perfect president and never made a mistake or lied. I don't expect that from Trump. But, I do not want to have to play "maybe he meant" every time he speaks either. It is a bad look for our country and only adds to our problems.

Islam is becoming more of a problem in Europe. Ruining? Not sure I would go that far.

You are only talking about this because you first played "maybe he meant", though.

Our president should not be speaking ambivalent gibberish. He should take the time to prepare so that he can make a clear point. Then the left won't criticize him with "maybe he meant" and the right won't feel the need to defend him by doing the same.
We're only talking about what he meant because the left grabbed two words and said they meant something about a terrorist attack and there was nothing even remotely said about it. The context was clear about Muslim problems. Nothing was necessary to discern what was meant until the left's complete distortion.

Reactions: breeder77
Good point. I'd also like to add that the public shouldn't have to listen to the hyperbolic media scream the sky is falling every time the man opens his mouth. It's increasing apathy at light speed, desensitizing to the point that a real issue will be blown off when alarm is required.

I read the outrage, then the quote, and was like.......

giphy.gif

Double end thread.

Lefty hysterics....again.

On with my day.

Reactions: ThorOdinson13
Intentional lies? Or did his healthcare plan not work the way he was expecting it to? I don't know the answer, but you are saying he intentionally mislead the public when he knew what the final outcome would be.
Intentional lies? Yes they were intentional. Jonathan Gruber ring a bell?

But, I do not want to have to play "maybe he meant" every time he speaks either.
Show me where Trump said "terror attack" or anything similar. So yes, if you want to speculate, you are doing exactly what you said you don't want to have to do, but you're actually the one doing it. Take his comment at face value. He didn't say "terror attack." The media did.

We're only talking about what he meant because the left grabbed two words and said they meant something about a terrorist attack and there was nothing even remotely said about it. The context was clear about Muslim problems. Nothing was necessary to discern what was meant until the left's complete distortion.

No.

The problem is everyone is constantly playing, "maybe he meant" because he is giving speeches that are full of confusing/ambiguous statements. This is not a problem created by the left. This is an issue created by a man who gets on the public stage and is either ill prepared to speak, easily confused, or purposely ambiguous.

You have to agree that, at the very least, the words "last night" do not fit with your explanation of the point he was trying to get across.

Every person says something stupid, my problem is flat out lying, then attacking the people who point it out........how many times has he said ( or tweeted ) something absolutely wrong, the news relays it exactly as he put it and shows the facts that debunks it, and he attacks them as being fake? It happens on a daily basis, or at least it seems to

And just how many times does the media get things wrong every day? How often do we only get a fraction of the story from one reporters perspective? Trumps methods are clumsy and often I'll-advised but he is speaking to the heart of the problem. The media no longer reports the news. They advise us on what they want us to think and know. Actual reporting of facts is a very minute part of what they do. We don't need to listen to a 20 minute speech from potus and then have a panel of experts tell us what we just heard. 24 hour news channels have killed real journalism. There isn't more than 2 hours of news a day and the rest is reruns and talking head filler.

Trump is exactly right to be exposing the media for all of their shortcomings. Why doesn't everybody just shut up and breath and let some real progress take place? Has anybody looked at their 401 k since the election? If that's an indicator of what's going on then we just might be headed in the right direction.

Intentional lies? Yes they were intentional. Jonathan Gruber ring a bell?

Show me where Trump said "terror attack" or anything similar. So yes, if you want to speculate, you are doing exactly what you said you don't want to have to do, but you're actually the one doing it. Take his comment at face value. He didn't say "terror attack." The media did.

I think maybe you are having some reading comprehension issues. That is, unless you can show me where ITT I stated that he said "terror attack" or anything similar. Where did I speculate as to what he meant? My entire point is that whatever he was trying to say was confusing and open to interpretation.

No.

The problem is everyone is constantly playing, "maybe he meant" because he is giving speeches that are full of confusing/ambiguous statements. This is not a problem created by the left. This is an issue created by a man who gets on the public stage and is either ill prepared to speak, easily confused, or purposely ambiguous.

You have to agree that, at the very least, the words "last night" do not fit with your explanation of the point he was trying to get across.
Pretty clear he was talking about Muslim problems with or without reference to last night.

Reactions: squeak
This stuff needs to be reported. Right now VP Pence and Sec of Def Mattis are in Munich, having to convince our NATO allies that President Trump did not mean what he said. He seems to say a lot that he doesn't mean, but they only way we will know is for the media to report and investigate.

Pretty clear he was talking about Muslim problems with or without reference to last night.

"pretty clear" is not good enough for me. I would like my President to give me confidence that he very clearly understands the entirety of the issue he is discussing. I want to feel like he has taken the time to sit down and study the details, rather than getting a general idea and making stuff up as he discusses it.

"pretty clear" is not good enough for me. I would like my President to give me confidence that he very clearly understands the entirety of the issue he is discussing. I want to feel like he has taken the time to sit down and study the details, rather than getting a general idea and making stuff up as he discusses it.

This would be ideal for every president, yet not one can provide it.

Further, there is no 1-to-1 correlation between how a president makes you feel and whether that feeling is based in truth.

So he was watching a documentary and got it confused with a news report? This from the guy who is constantly railing on "fake news"? The guy who is the most visible and important representative of our country?

I'm not saying that is actually what happened. I have no idea. But, he needs to do a better job so that no one (the public, foreign leaders, etc) has to guess what he was trying to say.

This would be ideal for every president, yet not one can provide it.

Really? So, you are saying that Trump is doing just as good of a job of convincing you he has total understanding of most topics he discusses as other presidents in your lifetime?

I understand that he does not have a career of public speaking experience, but sometimes it is better not to speak than it is to speak and be confusing/ambiguous.

No it doesn't. It continues (echoes, if you will) a popular narrative, one benefiting those on the left inclined for hysterics, that the administration is inventing facts. The further implication is that it's willful. The last implication is that it's meaningful.

Where does this chain of implication become a bridge too far?

As the left continues to operate in hysterics, as we've plainly witnessed a bias and disregard for balanced reporting, consider me skeptical.

Of reports, of posters, etc.

Reactions: Medic007
Really? So, you are saying that Trump is doing just as good of a job of convincing you he has total understanding of most topics he discusses as other presidents in your lifetime?

I understand that he does not have a career of public speaking experience, but sometimes it is better not to speak than it is to speak and be confusing/ambiguous.
Or throw some cold water on your hysteria center and give the guy some time to do some stuff and judge him on the results or lack thereof. The left is spending a whole lot of energy on ifs and buts.

Reactions: CBradSmith
No it doesn't. It continues (echoes, if you will) a popular narrative, one benefiting those on the left inclined for hysterics, that the administration is inventing facts. The further implication is that it's willful. The last implication is that it's meaningful.

Where does this chain of implication become a bridge too far?

As the left continues to operate in hysterics, as we've plainly witnessed a bias and disregard for balanced reporting, consider me skeptical.

Of reports, of posters, etc.
Spot on CBrad. Very very spot on. Bogeymen EVERYWHERE!

Reactions: CBradSmith
Fine. It was absolutely clear that he was talking about Muslim problems. Reread the transcript.

Reactions: Medic007

No, I have not said that.

Nor do I believe that any president needs (can realistically possess) near total understanding of most topics.

What I have said is that much of the left is still in hysterics. And that plays itself out in a number of ways and in any number of channels (of life).

People quickly picked up on Mr Trump's mistake, with the former Swedish foreign minister Carl Bildt tweeting: "Sweden? Terror attack? What has he been smoking? Questions abound".

So, Medic and CBrad.... I guess this guy is part of the leftist hysteria conspiracy? This guy who is not even a US citizen and doesn't have a dog in this fight? You can't even admit that Trump's comments were confusing and open to interpretation? Your only defense of his silly choice of words is "the left is out to get him and make him look bad".

Call a spade a spade. He was either very confused about the facts or unable to communicate his point clearly. He needs to be better than this, or start using a teleprompter, or have someone else making these points for him.

I would like my President to give me confidence that he very clearly understands the entirety of the issue he is discussing. I want to feel like he has taken the time to sit down and study the details, rather than getting a general idea and making stuff up as he discusses it.
I suppose you had a mountain of heartburn with Obama and radical Islam then.

Dude, you're reasonable. Have you watched the speech or read the entire transcript? Those words aren't the only ones he spoke. Maybe the context is very clear in what he said before and/or after the words that didn't include "terror attack." You might just be digging deep on a sound bite.

Fine. It was absolutely clear that he was talking about Muslim problems. Reread the transcript.

I have read it multiple times. You are right that he was clearly discussing Muslim refugees causing issues in European countries. What is not clear is if he thinks something related to that specifically happened in Sweden 2 nights ago. There is no way you, or anybody, can read that transcript and claim that he did not say anything that can be interpreted in such a way that points to him believing that there was a specific incident, in Sweden, the night before his speech.

Back on Obama, refresher?

See any pattern? There's more if you need more. Not excusing Trump for saying dumb shit, but your post was on the verge of blatant intellectual dishonesty.

So when Trump says concerning things it's "meh...I know what he meant"....but Obama...you know to be intentional lies...so certain you bold it.

Yeah...seeing a pattern....people saying they aren't excusing Trump....while they're excusing him.

Reactions: Been Jammin
So when Trump says concerning things it's "meh...I know what he meant"....but Obama...you know to be intentional lies...so certain you bold it.

Yeah...seeing a pattern....people saying they aren't excusing Trump....while they're excusing him.
I started posting in this thread with this:
Not to be picky and ruin your joy of shoving pencils in your dick hole every time Trump opens his yuge yapper, but it doesn't appear he said anything about a terror attack as your thread title suggests. This is what I found that he said...

“You look at what’s happening in Germany, you look at what’s happening last night in Sweden, Sweden. Who would believe this? Sweden. They took in large numbers. They’re having problems like they never thought possible. You look at what’s happening in Brussels. You look at what’s happening all over the world. Take a look at Nice. Take a look at Paris."

(I'll preface this by saying you're likely right, and the next part is simply devil's advocate.)

Although he likely was just mindlessly gum flapping, he could have been referring to several things reported out of Sweden on the 17th such as:

http://madworldnews.com/muslim-refugee-impregnates-child/

http://pamelageller.com/2017/02/refugee-savage.html/

I did this quickly and only glanced through the stories. They could be fake news like your thread title. But the thing that cannot be argued is that there is no shortage of Muslim migrants doing bad shit to people, especially women, in Europe. I believe that was the spirit of what Trump was speaking of despite the babble bobble bullshit we can expect when his mouth is motoring.

You ate pot and didn't invite me. You're an ass.
I have since said that Trump did not say "terror attack" and the conclusions folks are making that he meant "terror attack" is nothing but speculation. There are certainly enough problems with Muslim migrants in Sweden to wonder exactly which problem he was referring to.

Regarding Obama, Gruber's blabbing is well documented regarding Obamacare. You can't even pretend that Obama didn't know exactly what the direction of that bill was. Benghazi being the result of a video, Ft Hood being simply workplace violence, and ISIS being JV are all well known to be bullshit, and I'm quite certain by the ACTIONS his administration took, he knew he wasn't telling the truth, or he wouldn't have taken those actions to mislead people from the truth.

I have read it multiple times. You are right that he was clearly discussing Muslim refugees causing issues in European countries. What is not clear is if he thinks something related to that specifically happened in Sweden 2 nights ago. There is no way you, or anybody, can read that transcript and claim that he did not say anything that can be interpreted in such a way that points to him believing that there was a specific incident, in Sweden, the night before his speech.
This has already been acknowledged. There are apparently several incidents to choose from related to Muslim migrant issues. None of them "terror attacks," nor did he state there was a "terror attack." I agree what he was referring to isn't clear at all, leaving it open to SPECULATION as to what he meant. That doesn't mean the SPECUALTION that he was referring to a "terror attack" that didn't happen is correct, but yet, that's what the media is strongly pushing. Strange.

I'll be judging Trump on his outcomes, similar to what I did with Obama.

Words are cheap.

In the meantime, when I have the time and can take a little entertainment from it, I'll hold up a mirror for the left to see their hysterics and logical fallacies. Some of it is rather low hanging fruit.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT