ADVERTISEMENT

What do you do?

I work for Mark Anthony Brands and am the Field Sales Manager for the state of Tennessee. In the US, we have the brands Mike's Hard Lemonade, Cayman Jack, Palm Breeze, and TGIFridays malt beverages and "Ready to Drink". In the US we focus on Flavored Malt Beverages. In Canada, we have Breweries and distribute beer, liquor, cider, and Wine. We also own several world class wineries and vineyards in the Okanagan Valley in Canada. Before that I worked for a Beer distributor in Nashville, and before that, was a songwriter for 10 years here in TwangTown.

Reactions: MegaPoke
I inherited a small brake pad company here in Sandusky, OH, though my Dad's will. Been dealing with a big buyout of Zalinsky Auto Parts as well. :) (Was just talking about Tommy Boy last night, so it was fresh in my mind.)

In reality, I am a Dispatch Superintendent for Southwest Airlines. My primary job entails routing aircraft for maint. work, swapping a/c when they break, and canceling flights when necessary. I also spend a day or two per quarter dispatching flights (in order to stay proficient in that job). A dispatcher handles all the preflight planning, along with monitoring the flight as it's enroute, and will issue any new/changing information to the crew as needed.

SWA is an amazing company to work for. Very much an employee first, customer second mentality here, which obviously works well. This is my third airline, and I don't have any plans to look elsewhere. Flight benefits are extremely nice. We've been able to go places and see things that I otherwise wouldn't have been able to, thanks to free or nearly free flights.

Reactions: Poketologist
Sr. Manager of Direct Response Marketing I.T. - Globe Life Insurance - McKinney, TX.

Sr. IT Analyst for an oil company. Right now I am devoted to operational support of email, IM, faxing, and MTA applications.

I went to HRAD at OSU and have always dreamed of being a Chef and owning my own place. Owned a bar for a bit.

International Marketing and Sales for a company that used to be private (owned by 3 OSU grads) and was bought out a while back by a corporation. We are the only group in the world that does what we do as well. Night and day difference being private and public, and when the next nice opportunity, in a private company, comes along I'm probably leaving. In almost 5 years have had three different managers and only one of them has gone a sales presentation with me. None of them have been to the field or done anything remotely close to understanding our operations.

I'm paid well, have a 4 mile commute to work and lately have been left pretty much alone, as I am the last technical sales person still standing. Have seen the world and had some great side trips to places like Normandy, Waterloo, Corregidor Island and The Battle of The Bulge area.

I loath the quarterly generated reports....we don't do anything in a 1/4 the largest western job we have ever had took us 6+ years to sell. This never sets well with the crowd that wants you to go to a trade show and sign up work during the days of the show. Other things that drive me nuts; the name dropping, the goofy mottos, leaders who can't lead and the traveling (now log about 120,000-130,000 miles a year) which almost brings me to tears every time I get on a plane, especially to Asia. The emphasis put on forecasting is amazing and almost always wrong, which reminds me of the saying "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectable."

My dream would be to go back and finish my Master's in Forestry (at OSU of course) and get the hell off the beaten path.

Whether the American Dream is something that's real or not, well don't know. But am grateful, fortunate and blessed to be where I am plus I get to go to the mountains, with 2 of my doggies, backpacking nearly every year and in my world that's as good as it gets.

I'm a SAP developer/analyst. I also do mobile application development. I do this in a manufacturing environment. I'm working on our push toward integrating IoT systemically.

Outside of work, I've developed a few apps that I hope to sale.

I don't necessarily like what I do, but its not boring, stressful or time consuming. It also pays well.

Visiting Assistant Professor of Religious Studies and Political Science at OSU. If only we could strip that title of the "Visiting" and get me on tenure-track (with a reduced work load to boot), life would be pretty close to perfect. As it is, I love what I do, but having over 400 students this semester means I can't get much research done and I don't get to interact with my students as closely as I would like to.

I am a Physical Therapist Assistant by trade and work exclusively in Home Health care. I love treating patients and despise the endless documentation. I treat seniors almost exclusively and love doing it. Home Health takes me to places of beauty and some of the most decrepit and disgusting homes you can ever dream of. I have the grades and pre requisites to enter PT school but the PT is now more of a supervisory position but a PTA gets to do almost all the real treatment which i love.

I have also began having success in buying and flipping property which has been lucrative.

graduated from OSU with mechanical engineering degree, but do more landman/geology/oilfield work. Dad has a small production company, where it's just him and I, we operate wells in KS and OK. I mainly work non-operated production, buy/selling minerals, and generate prospects. Really hoping for increase in oil/gas prices soon, we have no debt, so I'll never be super rich or have a huge company, but trying to grow slowly/steadily thru cash flow, sure helps in times like these though....about to enter the rental housing market, just to diversify some

Love going to work every day, no other real jobs I'd rather be doing.

I am a metal fabricator. Welding, fitting, etc. We can and will do anything that is metal. The blue collar world is a great place to visit but I won't be doing it in ten years. I am learning a ton of practical knowledge that will help me on the farm someday. That is my real dream is to make enough money off my little acreage to make it worth my while.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT