ADVERTISEMENT

Weight loss has returned...

Sunburnt Indian

Heisman Candidate
Nov 7, 2001
Edge of the Comancheria
193.2. Thursday taking a break from mowing, I got dizzy. Blood pressure was 86/43. My little clinic sent me to BaylorScott&White Emergency. A bunch of tests. Doctor said I was dehydrated. They pumped me up with fluids. All tests were good.

Friday at 10 AM found me at Hillcrest Hospital doing Medicine 3 hour stress test. No tread mill because of arthritic hips. I keep telling medical professionals this all started within 4 days of second Moderna stab. I should get results Monday or Tuesday.

Hillcrest doctor thinks shingles may be the culprit. I'm in week 7 of shingles. Symptoms can show before the rash.

I would give $1000 for a shingles vaccine if I could avoid all this.

Shingles can cause weight loss, fatigue. It hurts to wear a shirt.

I haven't weighed this little since colon cancer diagnosis in April, 2003, which ended my "professional tourist" career.

193.2. Thursday taking a break from mowing, I got dizzy. Blood pressure was 86/43. My little clinic sent me to BaylorScott&White Emergency. A bunch of tests. Doctor said I was dehydrated. They pumped me up with fluids. All tests were good.

Friday at 10 AM found me at Hillcrest Hospital doing Medicine 3 hour stress test. No tread mill because of arthritic hips. I keep telling medical professionals this all started within 4 days of second Moderna stab. I should get results Monday or Tuesday.

Hillcrest doctor thinks shingles may be the culprit. I'm in week 7 of shingles. Symptoms can show before the rash.

I haven't weighed this little since colon cancer diagnosis in April, 2003, which ended my "professional tourist" career.
You got this Sunburst- prayers for you sir

Eh, you're a tough old buzzard. This too shall pass.

Monday 190.2. I was 187 pounds for about 100 years till April, 2003. I could eat all the Wendy's triple burgers I wanted. After some colon removed in May, 2003, I somehow gained 30 pounds during recovery. When I reached 220.2 I said this is enough. I went on a short low carb diet and stayed right at 210 till COVID shot II.

they do have a shingles vaccine. to prevent, not to cure. round of two shots. you can get them for free at about any walmart if your on medicare. or have health ins.

Reactions: AC2020
they do have a shingles vaccine. to prevent, not to cure. round of two shots. you can get them for free at about any walmart if your on medicare. or have health ins.
That's news to me. I've got the Cadillac Medicare plan and they DON'T cover it. Cost 240.
I'm pursuing this per your tip. Thanks. I'll put some stock in your handle...;) Veritas

Reactions: iasooner2000
That's news to me. I've got the Cadillac Medicare plan and they DON'T cover it. Cost 240.
I'm pursuing this per your tip. Thanks. I'll put some stock in your handle...;) Veritas
i'm not on medicare, but our ins. covers it. as always, check with your ins co. and walmart, cvs, walgreens, etc.

Wife is on Medicare and AT&T United Health Care. She paid $176 and insurance paid $22 at Walgreens for her shingles vax. Watching me, she made a bee line to Walgreens.

A 50 year old nurse told me she got her vax at 50 years and 2 days. She said she watched her father and older sister go through shingles.

Before Mugabecare, we had no co-pays with AT&T United.

My handyman had shingles last year. Quite mild down his right leg for about 2 weeks. Mine is in week 7.

For the first time, I used Vaseline last night on the rash area. Don't!

Reactions: iasooner2000
Stress test results normal. I'm gonna back off again on 1 Topiramate of 2 and see if my weight loss stops again. Doctor says I may have to see a neurologist for a new medicine for essential tremors.

It's starting to look like my woes are shingles.

If you're over 50 and had Chicken Pox, GET VACCINATED!!! Pay the $200.

Stress test results normal. I'm gonna back off again on 1 Topiramate of 2 and see if my weight loss stops again. Doctor says I may have to see a neurologist for a new medicine for essential tremors.

It's starting to look like my woes are shingles.

If you're over 50 and had Chicken Pox, GET VACCINATED!!! Pay the $200.
“If you're over 50 and had Chicken Pox, GET VACCINATED!!! Pay the $200.”

I can vouch for that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT