ADVERTISEMENT

War in the Middle East: Let me see if I got this right

Did Israel win and we weren't told?

I guess those bullets on Oct 7th just appeared from space and killed people, and those rockets must have just come out of the ground and launched themselves.

Man who knew?
Elementary School Lol GIF by ABC Network
Rifles and glorified bottle rockets vs the might of the American supplied Israeli army. It is no war and you of all people know better than to pretend it is.

• Haha
Reactions: okcpokefan12
Rifles and glorified bottle rockets vs the might of the American supplied Israeli army. It is no war and you of all people know better than to pretend it is.
Oh so because Israel has better weapon systems they should do nothing and just accept their citizens being targeted by thousands of missiles. SMFH

Don't bring a knife to a gunfight.

Or in Hamas's language don't rape the tiger it won't end well.

One more rule it wouldn't be a rule if someone didn't do it.
It was a giagantic miscaluclation by Hamas, there is no denying they were stupic to bring their knives to the gunfight. That being said there is no way you can call what is happening in Gaza a war. @aliabedi is correct: it is genocide straight up.

Are Hamas and the West Bank Palestinians really anything more than Cannon Fodder used to trigger Ideological support for larger agendas?

What might these agendas be?
Who might have the greater agendas?

• Haha
No, I call it an azz-kicking. And no, it's not a genocide.
I guess we’ll have to wait for the court to rule whether it is genocide, which may take so long Uncle Bibi’s genocide will have worked its magic. “Oh, did we commit genocide? Gee, we’re sorry. Oh well, they’re all dead now, too late!”

• Haha
Good advice. Common sense that Hamas was too stupid to follow. But that's not what I said, you're comment is another attempt to pretend I said what you wanted to hear, not what I said.
No Dan, The Iranian regime and Hamas Leadership know exactly what they doing, it's the dumbasses that go along with them and those that allow themselves to be manipulated by the propaganda that are the dumbasses.

No Dan, The Iranian regime and Hamas Leadership know exactly what they doing, it's the dumbasses that go along with them and those that allow themselves to be manipulated by the propaganda that are the dumbasses.
Tell me the difference between the Iranian people who are laying low so the regime doesn’t notice them or abuse them, which I gather from your comments are most of them, and the Palestinians in Gaza who are doing the same thing hoping the IDF doesn’t roll in and take them away.

I guess we’ll have to wait for the court to rule whether it is genocide, which may take so long Uncle Bibi’s genocide will have worked its magic. “Oh, did we commit genocide? Gee, we’re sorry. Oh well, they’re all dead now, too late!”
Why should one be upset with a tiger when the person the tiger bites put his own head in the tiger's mouth?

Why should one be upset with a tiger when the person the tiger bites put his own head in the tiger's mouth?
Couldn’t agree more about Hamas terrorists. It’s the rest of the Gaza population that’s getting eaten alive that both of us should be defending.

• Haha
Couldn’t agree more about Hamas terrorists. It’s the rest of the Gaza population that’s getting eaten alive that both of us should be defending.

Yeah….but why risk Israeli soldiers’ lives when you can just bomb a hospital and claim you killed Hamas members?

I read it here. It must be true…..get with the programming, Dan…..

carry on

Yeah….but why risk Israeli soldiers’ lives when you can just bomb a hospital and claim you killed Hamas members?

I read it here. It must be true…..get with the programming, Dan…..

carry on
I think the generally accepted consensus on this board is that every Palestinian is Hamas while the Iranian people are peaceful and want good relations with Israel, but their leadership wants war.

Last edited:
2,226,544 = population of Ghaza in 2023
40,000 = Member of Hamas before the war
30,000 = casualties from the war in Ghaza
13,000 = Hamas casualties

17,000 civilian casualties in a war that is being fought in a completely urban environment. I call that a very limited war and effective in achieving its goals of Hamas as a target, especially when Hamas hides behind civilians. Based on these numbers civilian casualties had been minimized. Even if I took your definition of genocide, it would still not meet the definition.

Tell me the difference between the Iranian people who are laying low so the regime doesn’t notice them or abuse them, which I gather from your comments are most of them, and the Palestinians in Gaza who are doing the same thing hoping the IDF doesn’t roll in and take them away.
A few differences, one the Iranian people have risen up a few times against the regime, only to be brutally beaten down while the US did nothing. Thanks Obama. Not one time have we seen the Palestinians rise up in mass against Hamas.
Two, no matter what poll you want to look at the Palestinian people support Hamas, supported October 7th and support the destruction of Israel. You don't see the same in Iran, you see the opposite, especially in regards to Israel.
Third, we do not see Iranian citizens participating in violent attacks, taking prisoners and then selling them to their government, that's strictly a Palestinian action.
Four- Iranian civilians do not indoctrinate their children with hate, that's another strictly Palestinian practice.
Fifth- You don't see Iranians protesting in the streets of America chanting death to America, again that is solely a Palestinian practice.

In fairness there is a small minority in Iran that is about as radical as they come. You find them mostly in their government and their military.

A few differences, one the Iranian people have risen up a few times against the regime, only to be brutally beaten down while the US did nothing. Thanks Obama. Not one time have we seen the Palestinians rise up in mass against Hamas.
Two, no matter what poll you want to look at the Palestinian people support Hamas, supported October 7th and support the destruction of Israel. You don't see the same in Iran, you see the opposite, especially in regards to Israel.
Third, we do not see Iranian citizens participating in violent attacks, taking prisoners and then selling them to their government, that's strictly a Palestinian action.
Four- Iranian civilians do not indoctrinate their children with hate, that's another strictly Palestinian practice.
Fifth- You don't see Iranians protesting in the streets of America chanting death to America, again that is solely a Palestinian practice.

In fairness there is a small minority in Iran that is about as radical as they come. You find them mostly in their government and their military.
The difference is the people in Gaza are being oppressed by two entities, both Hamas and Israel, and no matter how you want to spin it Israel has been worse by far. The people in Gaza have tisen up against their greatest oppressor many tome, both biolently and nonviolently and have been chewed into pieces by the tiger (as @Tulsaaggieson puts it).

As has been pointed out many many times you are misreading most of those polls, the support is overwhelmingly for the “civil affairs” side of Hamas, not necessarily the “terrorist” wing. And the supporters of the terrorists view Israel as far more terrorizing while they see Hamas as the only viable resistance against Israel oppression.

Who are the Iranians going to capture and make hostages, their own people who the regime has made clear it doesn’t care what happens to them?

The notion Gazans indoctrinate their children with hate is specious at best. Children watch Israel murder their families in front of them. They don’t need indoctrination. It has been shown thst most Hamas fighters are orphans whose families have been wiped out or disappeared by the IDF. Hate fir tgem has been baked in by Uncle Bibi.

I give you your fifth contention … until the US decides to “defend” Uncle Bibi by going to war.

The difference is the people in Gaza are being oppressed by two entities, both Hamas and Israel, and no matter how you want to spin it Israel has been worse by far. The people in Gaza have tisen up against their greatest oppressor many tome, both biolently and nonviolently and have been chewed into pieces by the tiger (as @Tulsaaggieson puts it).

As has been pointed out many many times you are misreading most of those polls, the support is overwhelmingly for the “civil affairs” side of Hamas, not necessarily the “terrorist” wing. And the supporters of the terrorists view Israel as far more terrorizing while they see Hamas as the only viable resistance against Israel oppression.

Who are the Iranians going to capture and make hostages, their own people who the regime has made clear it doesn’t care what happens to them?

The notion Gazans indoctrinate their children with hate is specious at best. Children watch Israel murder their families in front of them. They don’t need indoctrination. It has been shown thst most Hamas fighters are orphans whose families have been wiped out or disappeared by the IDF. Hate fir tgem has been baked in by Uncle Bibi.

I give you your fifth contention … until the US decides to “defend” Uncle Bibi by going to war.
Dan, how many missiles have the Palestinians launched into Israel? Once you figure out the number is in the tens of thousands you might start to understand why Israel is as controlling as they are. I don't blame Israel one bit for controlling who, what, when or where anything enters or exists Gaza. By launching missiles and attacking innocent Israelis the Palestinians give Israel all the cover it needs to do what ever it wants, that is what you do not understand. Take away the missiles, the attacks and the murder of innocent Israelis and Israel doesn't have the cover and wouldn't receive the support they do if they were truly doing what you say they are.

Dan, how many missiles have the Palestinians launched into Israel? Once you figure out the number is in the tens of thousands you might start to understand why Israel is as controlling as they are. I don't blame Israel one bit for controlling who, what, when or where anything enters or exists Gaza. By launching missiles and attacking innocent Israelis the Palestinians give Israel all the cover it needs to do what ever it wants, that is what you do not understand. Take away the missiles, the attacks and the murder of innocent Israelis and Israel doesn't have the cover and wouldn't receive the support they do if they were truly doing what you say they are.
It’s a chicken and egg question. What came first, imprisoning Palestinians in an open air concentration camp or prisoners from an open air concentration camp firing off glorified 4th of July bottle rockets? Gee, I wonder who started it. That’s a tough one!

It’s a chicken and egg question. What came first, imprisoning Palestinians in an open air concentration camp or prisoners from an open air concentration camp firing off glorified 4th of July bottle rockets? Gee, I wonder who started it. That’s a tough one!
Does it matter who started it if peace is the goal? The Palestinians need to stand down, quit attacking Israel, learn to live peacefully and only then do they have a case against Israel's supposed persecution. With every Palestinian attack Israel is completely justified in their actions. That is the part you don't seem to understand. Is it fair? Who really knows but that's the way it is and will be until the Palestinians get rid of their hatred. Real world solution vs utopian thinking.

Does it matter who started it if peace is the goal? The Palestinians need to stand down, quit attacking Israel, learn to live peacefully and only then do they have a case against Israel's supposed persecution. With every Palestinian attack Israel is completely justified in their actions. That is the part you don't seem to understand. Is it fair? Who really knows but that's the way it is and will be until the Palestinians get rid of their hatred. Real world solution vs utopian thinking.
Yes, peace should be the goal, but it is also important to know who started it because they should be the one to stop it first. In this case Israel is the undisputed bully, which seems to be the part you don’t want to confess.

Yes, peace should be the goal, but it is also important to know who started it because they should be the one to stop it first. In this case Israel is the undisputed bully, which seems to be the part you don’t want to confess.

Doesn't matter who started it if peace is the goal. All that matters is peace, so how do we get there? Should the Palestinians keep grabbing the tiger by the tail and crying when the tiger eats them or should the Palestinians quit grabbing the tiger by the tail? Seems to me if you don't want to get eaten you don't grab the tiger by the tail.

Doesn't matter who started it if peace is the goal. All that matters is peace, so how do we get there? Should the Palestinians keep grabbing the tiger by the tail and crying when the tiger eats them or should the Palestinians quit grabbing the tiger by the tail? Seems to me if you don't want to get eaten you don't grab the tiger by the tail.
The point you pointedly refuse to admit is it is a small band of resistance fighters/terrorists that are doing the grabbing and the entire population is paying the price. I can’t help but wonder what your attitude would be if it was the Iranian people including your step-dad’s family that was being kept in captivity by Uncle Bibi, only to watch a small minority fight back then see Uncle Bibi blame them all and commence a genocidal blitz. I bet you’d call it genocide then!

• Haha
The point you pointedly refuse to admit is it is a small band of resistance fighters/terrorists that are doing the grabbing and the entire population is paying the price. I can’t help but wonder what your attitude would be if it was the Iranian people including your step-dad’s family that was being kept in captivity by Uncle Bibi, only to watch a small minority fight back then see Uncle Bibi blame them all and commence a genocidal blitz. I bet you’d call it genocide then!
You seem to think the Palestinians don't support Hamas, they do, and there is where your argument breaks down. Where are the Palestinians rising up against Hamas telling them to surrender or quit attacking Israel so Palestinians civilians do not suffer the consequence of those attacks? Instead of standing up against the attacks they celebrate them, which makes it easy to believe the Palestinians are Hamas Hamas is the Palestinian people.
If you notice most everyone does not equate the Iranian people with the Iranian regime. Why is that Dan?

• Love
You seem to think the Palestinians don't support Hamas, they do, and there is where your argument breaks down. Where are the Palestinians rising up against Hamas telling them to surrender or quit attacking Israel so Palestinians civilians do not suffer the consequence of those attacks? Instead of standing up against the attacks they celebrate them, which makes it easy to believe the Palestinians are Hamas Hamas is the Palestinian people.
If you notice most everyone does not equate the Iranian people with the Iranian regime. Why is that Dan?
Where are the Iranians doing what you insist the Gazans do? Where's your family rising up against its oppressors? You are demanding the Gazans do something others don't do for the same reason the Gazans don't: they can't. You see a video of Gazans cheering and decide every Gazan is a terorist. That nonsense. Gazan support for Hamas goes directly to the civil affairs wing, not the militant one.

• Haha
Palestinians have no army. It is not a war it is genocide of the people
And yet still manages to launch thousands of rockets per year at Israel.

What I don't get is why anyone in America thinks they have any voice in this. This is Israel's war. They have to live with the consequences of both their actions AND their inactions. Noone who's protesting them has to live with their inactions. Hamas ain't firing rockets into the suburbs of San Fran.

Where are the Iranians doing what you insist the Gazans do? Where's your family rising up against its oppressors? You are demanding the Gazans do something others don't do for the same reason the Gazans don't: they can't. You see a video of Gazans cheering and decide every Gazan is a terorist. That nonsense. Gazan support for Hamas goes directly to the civil affairs wing, not the militant one.
Were you asleep in 2009 when the Iranian people were all but begging Obama to merely recognize their movement? Evil POS didn't say a word for two weeks, by then the organizers had been rounded up and never seen again. They stood up to their government, your blessed Palestinians not only have not stood up to Hamas they celebrate their attacks on Israel and lets not forget the party they had after 9/11. You keep trying to say the Palestinian support goes only to the civil affairs wing of Hamas but you ignore the celebrations of the attacks on Israel, not very civil of them.

Not all Muslim's are radicals or terrorists - only about 25% of the 1B or so.
Meanwhile they remaining 75% actively fund or at very least sit back grinning at what's going on.

Not all Muslim's are radicals or terrorists - only about 25% of the 1B or so.
Meanwhile they remaining 75% actively fund or at very least sit back grinning at what's going on.
Then there's the ayatollah Khomeini? Dan seems to love him, do you also?

Then there's the ayatollah Khomeini? Dan seems to love him, do you also?
Lol. You've either missed my comments on Islam or chose to ignore them.
Islam is one of the top 2 external threats to Western Civilization. Can't tell if CCPs less confrontational approach is more effective than the chaotic fragmented much more savage Islamic horde.kind of a toss up.

But none of this means I want yet another Old Testament culture leading the US in their "holy" wars. Yet I also respect Israel has every right to act in their own self interest, but also would prefer the US to act in ours.

I'm a devote practicing Christian, Bible believer, pray daily, tithe, volunteer, Yada yada. Yet I'm not convinced every self proclaimed Son of Abraham is necessarily Holy and Chosen enough for me and my government to kill for them.

Lol. You've either missed my comments on Islam or chose to ignore them.
Islam is one of the top 2 external threats to Western Civilization. Can't tell if CCPs less confrontational approach is more effective than the chaotic fragmented much more savage Islamic horde.kind of a toss up.

But none of this means I want yet another Old Testament culture leading the US in their "holy" wars. Yet I also respect Israel has every right to act in their own self interest, but also would prefer the US to act in ours.

I'm a devote practicing Christian, Bible believer, pray daily, tithe, volunteer, Yada yada. Yet I'm not convinced every self proclaimed Son of Abraham is necessarily Holy and Chosen enough for me and my government to kill for them.
Thank you for elaborating. 👍

Did Israel win and we weren't told?

I guess those bullets on Oct 7th just appeared from space and killed people, and those rockets must have just come out of the ground and launched themselves.

Man who knew?
Elementary School Lol GIF by ABC Network
Please read history of Hamas. Who supported them against plo
And why they attacked

• Haha
Reactions: EZ Reyes
And why they attacked
Maybe we should review a few news articles from the time to see how things were being framed back then. Over the years, I've found some like to misrepresent history for the convenience of their current narrative.

I found this statement interesting:

"All the time, Israel and the United States and Europe said that we do not need Hamas to win," Kukali said. "So that means telling the Palestinian people to vote for Hamas, because people here are not happy with the Europeans or the Americans and they think [those countries] are helping Israel. So if the United States or Israel says ‘we don’t need Hamas’ then the people will vote for Hamas."

Turnout for Wednesday’s vote was heavy, with nearly 78% of 1.3 million eligible voters casting ballots. The polling stations were heavily guarded, and there were no reports of major violence.
Impatience with the corruption of the current regime. Since the mid-1990s, Fatah had earned a reputation as a considerably corrupt, divisive, and unresponsive governing authority. Many Palestinians indicated that that despite voting for Hamas, they did not support Hamas’ Islamic platform or its focus on violent resistance. In fact, Palestinian Polls show that fewer than 3% of the Palestinians living in the OccupiedTerritories actually support Hamas’ objective of creating an Islamic state in historic Palestine. Palestinians voted for Hamas because they wanted change and reform in a dysfunctional system.

And why they attacked
Which history of Hamas would you like me to read? There are currently about 10 to 15 different versions ranging from pure propaganda from all sides to dodgy truth.

Here is what is factual. Hamas launched an attack on Oct 7 that should be considered riddled with war crimes and crimes against humanity. I'm done, I don't need to go farther. Hamas wrote its own destruction.

Which history of Hamas would you like me to read? There are currently about 10 to 15 different versions ranging from pure propaganda from all sides to dodgy truth.

Here is what is factual. Hamas launched an attack on Oct 7 that should be considered riddled with war crimes and crimes against humanity. I'm done, I don't need to go farther. Hamas wrote its own destruction.

Thoughts on widespread famine amongst Gazan children? Wouldn’t the Israelis preventing aid deliveries, including killing aid workers, be considered heinous war crimes and crimes against humanity?

carry on

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT