ADVERTISEMENT

Walking Dead 3/15

Maggie's going to F him up!

the Community (as a whole) is a hell of a lot better off having an actual MD on call. They're not going to like it if Rick takes him out. The reasonable thing to do is to force him into some kind of "banishment" away from the wife and kid.

Major flaw in episode. When the walkers were lined up against the fence in the warehouse, they were easy targets and as in previous episodes Glen would have had everyone take their knives, etc. and put them all down. He wouldn't have taken a chance that something would go wrong and they would escape from behind the fence to harm the group. Sorry, that was a real sticking point for me in last night's episode.

The problem with it was that we had already established that ROTC boy and his buddy were a couple of "wannabees" whose recklessness got people killed. Then they established how Glen has transformed from pizza boy to badass who really knows how to deal with these situations, only for him to ignore the bleedin' obvious and for that decision to end up getting at least two people killed and one badly hurt.

Sorry, but lining walkers up at the fence and putting them down so they no longer posed a threat has been Standard Operating Procedure since their prison days and was oh so obvious the tactic to use under these circumstances that I really couldn't maintain my suspension of disbelief and it completely soured me on the episode.

Don't show me a character who has done something dozens of times by near rote and then have him do the opposite thing just to add to the drama and eliminate a few characters. That was just a stupid and lazy approach by the script writers. We've seen enough of Glen to know he wouldn't do that, so don't insult my intelligence by trying to tell me he would in fact such a huge blunder.

Good episode in the sense that the storyline was nicely advanced in several ways.

However, I agree about the relative ease with which they could've eliminated zombies from a point of safety. In fact, I would argue that ammunition no longer seems to be in short supply, so they could easily have taken them out without even minimal risk. Just a very poorly managed raid, and predictable casualties resulted. That whole debacle is on Glenn IMO.

I think Deanna is starting to have a bit of buyer's regret. I don't think she bought what the priest is selling, but she's definitely starting to think that a coup d'etat is forming.

Very interesting turn to have spun the group and Rick's leadership from being clearly the white hat guys being persecuted by a larger, clearly evil settlement into more of an anti-hero role. Morally questionable, vaguely terrifying motives. I'm genuinely interested to see where this goes. For the first time, I am thinking Rick and Carol may be headed down too dark a path for them to survive long term.

Maybe they didn't want to waste the ammo and didn't think they would need to.

With that said, you bring up a good point. Probably would have been better to have the walkers behind a locked door. They knew there were some back there, but didn't know how many and didn't want to chance opening the door and getting overwhelmed.

All in all, a great episode. Loved the revolving door trap that they were in, with no way to escape without someone getting killed. Loved Eugene stepping up to the plate. Loved the Abraham scene at the construction site. I was surprised that the preacher turned against them, but it made sense in retrospect. Looking forward to watching conflicts within the group when Rick, Carol, Darryl try to convince everyone that they need to turn against Alexandria. Some will go along. Others will not want to.

So, what's up with killing off all the black characters on the show and making one into a traitor (priest) and one is going crazy (Sasha). I'm surprised that there hasn't been any criticism of how black characters are depicted on the show. I guess they still have Morgan, who should appear in 1 of the next 2 episodes, IMO. But, even he was depicted as being insane at one point.

Carol has certainly turned much more dark. I'm wondering if they are going to kill her off soon. Most likely we'll see the Dr. exposed as a wife/child beater and there will be some type of conflict between Rick and the Dr. to the point that Doc get's killed.

That'll free up the love interest of Rick until the walkers overrun the neighborhood and get her. My bet the last episode of the season will show outside bad guys getting ready to invade.

I know nothing about the comics or anything else so no inside info here but I really have this feeling Carl is about to get wacked.

So the priest sells out the group as bad people but it is ok that he basically watched his whole congregation get killed. Talk about a double standard.

Originally posted by JonnyVito:
I know nothing about the comics or anything else so no inside info here but I really have this feeling Carl is about to get wacked.

So the priest sells out the group as bad people but it is ok that he basically watched his whole congregation get killed. Talk about a double standard.
I figured that's why he sold them out. He fears the group exposing what he did to his former flock.

Originally posted by Marshal Jim Duncan:

Originally posted by JonnyVito:

I figured that's why he sold them out. He fears the group exposing what he did to his former flock.
Interesting.

I figured he was upset that Rick's group massacred the Termites in his church. But, I had forgotten that he went to the school and found Bob's cannibalized leg, which would seemingly vindicate Rick's group. Maybe your theory is correct. He can now turn it into a he said/she said if anyone tries to out him for abandoning his flock.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT