ADVERTISEMENT

Virginia

Yep, but kind of demonstrates how people want free speech, be to protest and assembly for one set of values, but can't stand it for others. I'll bet the person who drove into the crowd isn't a member of the John Birch Society.

All that said, why would anyone burn up their Friday night to go see those white supremacist nuts rally and march?

Yep, but kind of demonstrates how people want free speech, be to protest and assembly for one set of values, but can't stand it for others. I'll bet the person who drove into the crowd isn't a member of the John Birch Society.

All that said, why would anyone burn up their Friday night to go see those white supremacist nuts rally and march?

Wind, I think you're way off on your assumptions about the driver of that vehicle. He DID NOT target the White Supremacists, he targeted the counter protesters who were a bit removed from where the Klan, Nazi's, etc had gathered.

BTW, I know I didn't see all the video, but I don't recall seeing anyone in the counter protester crowd carrying rifles/handguns. But there were at least 2 or 3 from the white supremacists group who were carrying.

dumb asses

Both sides
It appears that Charlottesville took crowd control lessons from Portland. When people are allowed to free range during "protests", bad outcomes are guaranteed. Permit and box. Leave the box = jail. Walking around with torches would not be part of permitted activity. Free speech does not equal free ranging. Chants and signs are one thing. Property damage, Assault and death are another.

i'm bout 90 miles from charlotte and thought about it

then i said self you're too old for that crap

Fear and common sense increase with age. It's a product of the reality bitch-slap that we were never as smart/invincible as our self-delusion led us to believe way back in the last century when........hey, watch this!!:eek:

I, brother Darrell, and other brother Darrell congratulate you!:D

Wind, I think you're way off on your assumptions about the driver of that vehicle. He DID NOT target the White Supremacists, he targeted the counter protesters who were a bit removed from where the Klan, Nazi's, etc had gathered.

BTW, I know I didn't see all the video, but I don't recall seeing anyone in the counter protester crowd carrying rifles/handguns. But there were at least 2 or 3 from the white supremacists group who were carrying.
2 or 3?

You are way off

4331865A00000578-4783914-image-a-50_1502550643466.jpg

Reactions: davidallen
Wood, my bad then. I'm continually amazed at how unhinged any of these people are getting. Even in my incredibly stupid and carefree life as a ute, would never have participated in this type of deal, as a protester or someone protesting the protester.

There is no moral equivalency here. White supremacy seeks to oppress. The counter protesters oppose their bigotry and hate. No one is justified in starting a brawl, but to say all parties are equal is to say that our country values oppression and freedom equally. Hate, bigotry and oppression stand alone. There is no moral equivalency here.

Our POTUS won't acknowledge that. Apparently the political calculus doesn't allow that. Just ask David Duke. "I would recommend you take a good look in the mirror & remember it was White Americans who put you in the presidency..." Apparently Mr. Trump has looked in the mirror and is fine with who looks back, personally, don't know how he can do that.

Last edited:
There is no moral equivalency here. White supremacy seeks to oppress. The counter protesters oppose their bigotry and hate. No one is justified in starting a brawl, but to say all parties are equal is to say that our country values oppression and freedom equally. Hate, bigotry and oppression stand alone. There is no moral equivalency here.

Our POTUS won't acknowledge that. Apparently the political calculus doesn't allow that. Just ask David Duke. "I would recommend you take a good look in the mirror & remember it was White Americans who put you in the presidency..." Apparently Mr. Trump has looked in the mirror and is fine with who looks back, personally, don't know how he can do that.

Amen. Note the narrative is they all are wrong, like there's no difference netween being a white supremacist and being opposed to white supremacy. Lump them all together and muddy up what the "unite the right" crowd is saying.

This is the shit that republicans have cultivated for a long time. The racism, victimization, violence -- get a gun and fight back! -- so they might as well own it.

I have never seen a more entitled bunch of snowflakes than that "unite the right" bunch. How are they been so victimized?

Can you see the NK submarines from your tree house?

dude you're a trip

dude you're a trip
Rdcldad,

Question: Do you think that there is a moral equivalency to being part of the neo-nazi, klan, neo-fascist, white supremacists movement (which typically has lots of overlap) and being part of a group of people who oppose that philosophy?

Because I got to tell you, as much of a conservative as my step-dad was, if he would have encountered a group of racist waving nazi flags he would have likely been unable to contain himself without going into that crowd looking to kick some nazi butt. But then what did he know? It wasn't like he had seen three of his best friends killed by those wielding that flag or spent 6 months in the hospital fighting to regain his health and keep his arm from being amputated after being shot at the Battle of the Bulge by some nazi farkhead.

Last edited:
All those Far Right groups that marched Friday and Saturday need to be identified as domestic terrorist organizations and brought to justice.

Any and all confederate symbols on public display need to be destroyed.

Reactions: Been Jammin
Because I got to tell you, as much of a conservative as my step-dad was, if he would have encountered a group of racist waving nazi flags he would have likely been unable to contain himself without going into that crowd looking to kick some nazi butt. But then what did he know, it wasn't like he had seen three of his best friends killed by those wielding that flag or spent 6 months in the hospital fighting to regain his health and keep his arm from being amputated after being shot at the Battle of the Bulge by some nazi farkhead?

Oh no You're supposed to ignore the swastika! Ignore that part of our American collective sacrifice and experience. The swastika actually was some ancient mesopotamian or tribal deal -- that's what they mean. This is how transparent and clumsy the propaganda is. Look at the alt-right killer's facebook page.

They literally have been embracing this shit on this board for a long time. See the weaponized autism nomenclature -- NZ posts to websites with that name... AC throws the term around, it's GIGO. People come up with those words and themes and the right bites it off until they're driving a Dodge Charger through a crowd to kill people to stop white oppression.

edit: @Ponca Dan this is a good primer on your point in the other thread about the impact of words and nomenclature and how important it is. A relatively small number of people package the cutesy slogans and it shows up in the lingo of terrorists.

All those Far Right groups that marched Friday and Saturday need to be identified as domestic terrorist organizations and brought to justice.

Any and all confederate symbols on public display need to be destroyed.

I say let them self-identify. Speech, speech, and more speech. The great thing about it is you can go back and see their same iconography, media and political points circulated by conservative posters on this board. Why silence them?

So yesterday was antifa vs fascists?

Sorry, been away from media

I'm just catching up myself. The more I look at it, it may have been like... fascists from all over. I don't think it was some localized, grass roots deal, but the righties look like they're activist types (no shit) from all over. I'd love a transcript of this bakedalasks guy. He perfectly illustrates the culture and ethos of these snowflakes. He gets macedand says something like:

It burns so bad. Check my feed. What are the people saying? More milk. MORE MILK!!

A video celeb:

From Reno:

It seems like imported activists and people that are generating clicks are heavily represented from the right.

The crowd that the guy drove into looked like any cross section of people - younger, but nobody in black stuff or carrying flags. I have seen nothing that says how many were on each "side" of this deal. Maybe the shorthand version is extremists from both sides showed up in pretty large numbers, then the local populace showed up, then a right winger drove his car through them. It doesn't look like a Ferguson deal (5 "protesters" and 5,000 media) because the crowds are big.

I'm just catching up myself. The more I look at it, it may have been like... fascists from all over. I don't think it was some localized, grass roots deal, but the righties look like they're activist types (no shit) from all over. I'd love a transcript of this bakedalasks guy. He perfectly illustrates the culture and ethos of these snowflakes. He gets macedand says something like:

It burns so bad. Check my feed. What are the people saying? More milk. MORE MILK!!

A video celeb:

From Reno:

It seems like imported activists and people that are generating clicks are heavily represented from the right.

The crowd that the guy drove into looked like any cross section of people - younger, but nobody in black stuff or carrying flags. I have seen nothing that says how many were on each "side" of this deal. Maybe the shorthand version is extremists from both sides showed up in pretty large numbers, then the local populace showed up, then a right winger drove his car through them. It doesn't look like a Ferguson deal (5 "protesters" and 5,000 media) because the crowds are big.

So we've established the organizing group were fascists. The counter protesters were........????

Reactions: AC_Exotic
this is a terrible foreshadowing of where we are headed if we fail to:

1. condemn the car into the crowd as domestic terrorism

2. demand answers from the police who somehow allowed these groups to come together.

3. hold ANTIFA and blm accountable for their part in successfully instigating mob violence

4. marginalize white nationalists for the jokes they are and give them no legit seat at the table on the right. and the left must do the same to Antifa / blm.

5. quit convoluting the fringe morons with the vast majority of Americans in the sane middle.

6. and most importantly, quit acting as though communists and anarchists are somehow nobler than nazis. they all suck and they all have violent and antiAmerican ideologies at their core.

the op is correct. quit parsing the fringe. ANTIFA = blm = nazis = white nationalists. they are all donestic terror groups and it's time to treat them as such.

at the same time, it's worth noting that this would've been a mockable and pathetic non story if the ANTIFA thugs weren't so keen on shutting down free speech. the nazis should be able to peacefully assemble and say what they want and then go home. that way we know who they are, know what they stand for and deal with them or ignore them accordingly

violence like this is not the result of free speech, it the result of attempts to suppress it. let these hateful morons say what they want to say and give them no fuel.

suppressing their stupid rally makes their hateful cause somehow sympathetic one to a lot of low IQ socially disaffected whites.

i'm afraid yesterday's events did a great job of recruitment to the ranks of both sides. i am very concerned about where this leads.

we in the middle have got to stop looking for political sides to take on this topic. the lunatic fringe are all donestic terrorist ideologies. none are less shitty than the other.

A video celeb:

From Reno:

The bakedalaska guy whining like a little baby is on of NZ Pokes buddies from the uber thread crying about being called a racist as he was on his way to the racist rally.

2. demand answers from the police who somehow allowed these groups to come together.

3. hold ANTIFA and blm accountable for their part in successfully instigating mob violence

4. marginalize white nationalists for the jokes they are and give them no legit seat at the table on the right. and the left must do the same to Antifa / blm.

5. quit convoluting the fringe morons with the vast majority of Americans in the sane middle.

6. and most importantly, quit acting as though communists and anarchists are somehow nobler than nazis. they all suck and they all have violent and antiAmerican ideologies at their core.

the op is correct. quit parsing the fringe. ANTIFA = blm = nazis = white nationalists. they are all donestic terror groups and it's time to treat them as such.

at the same time, it's worth noting that this would've been a mockable and pathetic non story if the ANTIFA thugs weren't so keen on shutting down free speech. the nazis should be able to peacefully assemble and say what they want and then go home. that way we know who they are, know what they stand for and deal with them or ignore them accordingly

violence like this is not the result of free speech, it the result of attempts to suppress it. let these hateful morons say what they want to say and give them no fuel.

suppressing their stupid rally makes their hateful cause somehow sympathetic one to a lot of low IQ socially disaffected whites.

i'm afraid yesterday's events did a great job of recruitment to the ranks of both sides. i am very concerned about where this leads.

we in the middle have got to stop looking for political sides to take on this topic. the lunatic fringe are all donestic terrorist ideologies. none are less shitty than the other.

Thank you for taking the time to spit this out.

I would like to add that we really need to get a grip on allowing the constant villainization of whites just for being white. The poorest counties in this nation are 96% white.

Those living in extreme poverty having to hear about how they should have some kind of guilt complex because of their white privilege are nothing but enraged when they hear it. This constant focus in the media on this Marxist ideological bullshit pushes these people to supremacist ideologies and manifests hate for those making the claims. And let's be honest, it is not exactly an illogical response from their perspective.

When this shit is peddled it makes it easier to recruit and causes supremacists to be found when people start looking up things on the internet wondering how they can be so damned poor but so damned privileged. It needs to stop. As Han said and I've said before on this board. If we don't get control of the MSM and the extreme leftists as well as the right we are heading for a very bad place.

@syskatine likes to complain about KEK, Pepe, weaponized autisim. One thing that completely escapes him is that they are the creation of the left. They are parodies of the left with an extreme right spin. But somehow the left just can't wrap their heads around that little nugget. Part of what makes it so funny to so many, myself included.

Edit to add: Even The NY Times has an article that kind of warns white gay men that they are no longer oppressed (or oppressed enough). Their whiteness trumps their gayness.

Last edited:

Mostly agree, but counterprotesting isn't suppressing free speech. Nor is violent actions against counterprotesters "the result" of the counter protests. It is the result of the individuals willing to resort to the same and their responsibility alone.

Rdcldad,

Question: Do you think that there is a moral equivalency to being part of the neo-nazi, klan, neo-fascist, white supremacists movement (which typically has lots of overlap) and being part of a group of people who oppose that philosophy?

Because I got to tell you, as much of a conservative as my step-dad was, if he would have encountered a group of racist waving nazi flags he would have likely been unable to contain himself without going into that crowd looking to kick some nazi butt. But then what did he know? It wasn't like he had seen three of his best friends killed by those wielding that flag or spent 6 months in the hospital fighting to regain his health and keep his arm from being amputated after being shot at the Battle of the Bulge by some nazi farkhead.

wood

i spent a lot of time as a youngster at the 45th infantry division museum where my grandad was on the board and volunteered.

there's a picture of my grandad and another man i knew standing in front of a boxcar full of emaciated corpses in the dachau room.

there was a lampshade made of jewish skin which is no longer on display

you can go to the library on the second floor and hear my grandad recount the liberation of dachau on audio.

to answer your question i don't really understand the moral overlap aspect of it

i also don't have time for snowflakes

you could consider my reaction very much the same as your step-dads when encountering these nazi efftards

but this vaginal centered sobbing at trump
is equally as abhorrent in my book because i despise the direction obama did and hillary would have taken this country

i hope that answers your question

Because I'm that guy, a few observations...

Some guy drives his car through a crowd and kills someone, injures others. Terrible thing, but sadly far from the only example of injury and death caused by political extremism on both sides. The talking heads on the left are acting as if they can frolic through the meadows of moral high ground. Five dead Dallas police officers say quit being that dumb.

White nationalists, skinheads, NeoNazis, whatever they are collectively called, represent hate, bigotry, and every terrible ism and phobic term and I'm required to speak against them with all of my soul lest I then be labeled a supporter or member for not reaching deep enough in my condemnation (I is collective of white people). I get that. Those people suck. But in the same breath, I'm supposed to accept, without question, people who believe in a non-evolved stone age religion that makes the bigotry and oppression by white hate groups look like a petting zoo for infants. If I speak out against that bigotry and oppression, I get labeled with a phobic term that lands me as seen as part of a group whose ideology I also strongly condemn and reject. How can such an obvious disconnect exist?

We all know exactly why there was violence at this event. Both sides show up with helmets, protective clothing, and various offensive weaponry to do battle. If either side expected a peaceful event, and acted like freaking adults, there wouldn't be violence. Failure to recognize the responsibility lies with both sides of the political extremist coin is failure to look outside of the partisan echo chamber. Chris Cilliza wrote a hysterical puff piece for CNN yesterday where he claimed:

"Both sides don't scream racist and anti-Semitic things at people with whom they disagree. They don't base a belief system on the superiority of one race over others. They don't get into fistfights with people who don't see things their way. They don't create chaos and leave a trail of injured behind them."

True, what is being screamed about is different, but both sides are engaged in the exact same behaviors over, and over, and over again based on their political extremist ideology. If the other side simply stops showing up, violence doesn't happen. But then again, don't let sensibility handicap extremism. Extremism never promotes sensibility, or it wouldn't be extremism.

WTF is a peaceful, middle left, non-all of the bad ism phobic term white male like me supposed to do? Regardless who I speak out against, the basement dwelling dorks from the left or redneck troglodytes from the right, I'm seen as wrong by the other side or in my case, both sides. I've already extended bilateral middle fingers to both sides and say political extremism is just plain dumb. What's next?

the virginia governor (whom is being lauded for his command presence) and virginia state police

crapped out on managing this situation

the okstate campus police do a better job controlling the zeroutards that come to stillwater to get drunk and start fights than these two.

the management was so piss poor i almost wonder in the VA gov wasn't angling for facetime as a dem up and comer

most importantly, quit acting as though communists and anarchists are somehow nobler than nazis. they all suck and they all have violent and antiAmerican ideologies at their core.

Well said. They are all bad hate groups. Is one worse and more evil? Probably. But does it matter? All of those groups should be vilified.

All major figures on the right have condemned the violence (and racists) from yesterday. I condemn the violence and racists too.

Unfortunately, racism against whites, and increasingly, violence against whites, is part of the left's platform.

Influential Jewish Harvard professor.

prof-ignatiev-quote.jpg

Founder of America's largest hispanic advocacy group.

CkZqKznXAAE3Bvl.jpg_large-e1465359634990.jpeg

Democratic party executive in 2017.

Bernie Sanders in 2016.

More identity politics from NZ.

Such a bro-flake.

Reactions: davidallen
Mostly agree, but counterprotesting isn't suppressing free speech. Nor is violent actions against counterprotesters "the result" of the counter protests. It is the result of the individuals willing to resort to the same and their responsibility alone.

good point. but if the point of the counter protest is either to incite violence or shut down free speech, it's not a legitimate counter.

Trump handled that about as poorly as possible. Has he even addressed the actual terrorist act yet?

Also, I'm fine with open carry, but I'm not fine with protesters (from any side) pretending to be national guard and security forces. These militia groups showing up in matching combat gear, uniforms, and rifles in and attempting to be the "security" providers for these alt right rallies should be illegal in the same way as impersonating police officers.

As bad as Trump handled this with his words, Charlottesville and Virginia handled security at an event they knew was going to be explosive, even worse.

Trump handled that about as poorly as possible. Has he even addressed the actual terrorist act yet?

Are you referring to his statements? Or do you think he should have done something differently by not allowing the protest, send in national guard, etc.?
I think he could have and should have condemned the white supremacists and Nazis by name. Words do matter from the President (i.e. similiar to the right's complaint on Obama for not calling out "Islamic terrorists" and not condemning BLM).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT