ADVERTISEMENT

Uvalde shootings

Also sickening that in Abbot's initial press conference, he went on and on about how the heroic officers ran toward gun fire and how "if not for them, it could have been worse". He also told us that the shooter was engaged with a school resource officer (and shots were fired) prior to entering the school. Someone is trying really hard to cover up for cops not doing their job (maybe Abbott, maybe people he is talking to).

It also sounds like school officials seriously effed up. The shooter was outside the building, firing his weapon, for at least 4 minutes before he entered. The school wasn't locked down until 3 minutes after he entered the building.
This is one time I wish the shooter had written more information on motive. If that note on being outside for 4 minutes and firing his weapon before entering that sounds like some sort of suicide by cop behavior to me. He didn’t get the response he wished and took the next step into the building and lit the place up. Just cowardly behavior all around by those sworn to protect our most innocent.

It probably won’t help but even changing the age to purchase an AR15 to 21 for non-military personnel sounds like an easy step an avoiding infringement on the 2nd amendment. It at least buys more time for a kid to mature (or more time for those to call out red flags).

This is one time I wish the shooter had written more information on motive. If that note on being outside for 4 minutes and firing his weapon before entering that sounds like some sort of suicide by cop behavior to me. He didn’t get the response he wished and took the next step into the building and lit the place up. Just cowardly behavior all around by those sworn to protect our most innocent.

It probably won’t help but even changing the age to purchase an AR15 to 21 for non-military personnel sounds like an easy step an avoiding infringement on the 2nd amendment. It at least buys more time for a kid to mature (or more time for those to call out red flags).
You will have to include all firearms. Pistols used in 75-80% of all mass shootings. I would be ok with that but the draft eligible age needs to change with it.

Although I will say that firemen are a different breed. Still I think
They are, but that’s even hard for a lot of them to sustain. A good amount of my friends who are firemen are great at it and dedicated. But a lot of them are taking early retirement from it and going into masonry or carpentry or some other skill they’ve learned on the side. Don’t blame them. It’s a tough job

Reactions: SquinkY5786
You will have to include all firearms. Pistols used in 75-80% of all mass shootings. I would be ok with that but the draft eligible age needs to change with it.
I disagree on all firearms. The definition on the mass shootings being 3+ skews heavily with gang violence, good luck with all of those weapons. My comment was more so on the semi-automatic rifles with 30 round magazines.
It’s clear there are weapons of choice in these events.

Flip side of your argument - handguns are more concealable and used for personal protection in a lot of cases outside of the home. Concealed carry also comes with higher training standards and licensing. More legal concealed carry means more gun training.

Yep. Forty percent of the town’s entire budget went to the police force. Talk about lousy ROI.

You’re a doc, right? I’ve never seen the cavitation a .223 round causes on the human body in person, but I’ve seen pictures presented by an OR doc who operated on adult GSW victims. It’s horrific. And these were 10-year-old bodies. I can’t imagine.

I’ve seen gun violence aftermath up close and personal. It’s terrible. Nobody needs to own an AR-15 IMO.
People don't "need" a lot of things. I could think of hundreds of things YOU don't need but I don't have the inclination to take them away, yet. This has nothing to do with "need". It has to do with the God given right to protect ourselves from oppressive rule. Take your "need" and shove it. We have a constitution and a Bill of Rights. Without those rights, we are done! We have to protect those rights at all cost. If you want to chip away at them I have a problem with that.

I disagree on all firearms. The definition on the mass shootings being 3+ skews heavily with gang violence, good luck with all of those weapons. My comment was more so on the semi-automatic rifles with 30 round magazines.

Flip side of your argument - handguns are more concealable and used for personal protection in a lot of cases outside of the home. Concealed carry also comes with higher training standards and licensing. More legal concealed carry means more gun training.
Just make sure you volunteer to be first in line to confiscate those types of firearms.

People don't "need" a lot of things. I could think of hundreds of things YOU don't need but I don't have the inclination to take them away, yet. This has nothing to do with "need". It has to do with the God given right to protect ourselves from oppressive rule. Take your "need" and shove it. We have a constitution and a Bill of Rights. Without those rights, we are done! We have to protect those rights at all cost. If you want to chip away at them I have a problem with that.
Perfectly said.

I have posted the stats.

Conceal carry training is a joke as it goes for shooting skills. Outlaw the AR style rifles and you have a semi-auto pistol with 15 round mags, multiple mags, and cheaper. Mags can be exchanged in an eye wink. Switching mags nothing against defenseless people. You go from one weapon to the other. When you are in a room with kids for an hour you have plenty of time to switch mags. Making AR’s illegal is the gateway drug for the extreme left to go after all semi-automatic pistols. I will never give an inch on outlawing AR’s for that reason. Solves nothing other than creating the first win to go after all guns. You have to make them all illegal until 21. All or nothing.

I have posted the stats.

Conceal carry training is a joke as it goes for shooting skills. Outlaw the AR style rifles and you have a semi-auto pistol with 15 round mags, multiple mags, and cheaper. Mags can be exchanged in an eye wink. You go from one weapon to the other. When you are in a room with kids for an hour you have plenty of time to switch mags. Making AR’s illegal is the gateway drug for the extreme left to go after all semi-automatic pistols. I will never give an inch on outlawing AR’s for that reason. Solves nothing other than creating the first win to go after all guns. You have to make them all illegal until 21. All or nothing.
When the hell did I say to outlaw the purchase of rifles? The reading comprehension is weak in this thread.

I said change the age to 21 for the purchase of semi-automatic rifles as a thought starter. Buy some time for added maturity for young adults. That help with your comprehension?
Waste of time. If you don’t do it for semi-automatic pistols and all other guns as well it is a complete waste of time. And if you do that draft age needs to be moved up to 21. Columbine was done with semi-auto pistols, shotguns, and pipe bombs.

Reactions: Ostatedchi
I said change the age to 21 for the purchase of semi-automatic rifles as a thought starter. Buy some time for added maturity for young adults. That help with your comprehension?
Sure dad. That's stupid and won't solve anything and I expect you to be first in line to confiscate those already legally purchased rifles.

Reactions: OKSTATE1
I haven’t said a word about confiscation. Grandfather the ones already purchased. You’re a child
That does nothing. Plenty in circulation legally. Are you also saying he would not have bought a semi-auto pistol and multiple mags? He would save 50% going down that path. More efficient killing per dollar spent.

Sure dad. That's stupid and won't solve anything and I expect you to be first in line to confiscate those already legally purchased rifles.
It might not change anything but 18 and 19 year olds have no business buying ARs IMO. Prob just a good policy to set regardless.

Reactions: colcord
It would have put a pause on the two newest shooters to add to the list using ARs in Uvalde and Buffalo. Your solution is doing nothing right?
No it wouldn't have. They'd have just found other options than purchasing one.
You're just wrong.

Reactions: OKSTATE1
No it wouldn't have. They'd have just found other options than purchasing one.
You're just wrong.
If you outlaw trucks, does that mean those people stop driving because they can’t get a truck? Shit, guess I just sit.

Check out what you can do with a Glock….I am sure you know….people actually brainwashed something special about an AR and killing. And you have high capacity magazines for Glocks in circulation.

So you’re just purely speculating on them finding another way? Great argument. They both purchased the firearms legally when they were 18.
And you are burying your head in the sand if you think that someone determined to shoot up a school isn't going to find firearms to do it. Regardless of age.

AR gonna' do more damage at close range than a bullpup loaded with 000? Not a chance in hell. How about a handful of glocks with a vest full of mag pouches? Mags can be changed in the blink of an eye, or do you think anything other than an AR requires you to pour powder from a horn?

How high in their military training did Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris graduate? They used semi-automatic 9mm and shotguns. Did they learn to build bombs with pipe and propane tanks at West Point? You and your ilk thinking there are magical solutions to eradicate evil is lazy.
Lol, please continue assuming I know nothing about firearms.

With the examples you just gave, surely you’d have no problem banning AR-15s right? Since they’re supposedly not as damaging as some of the other weapons you listed and all.

Nobody here is suggesting anything magical. What’s lazier: trying something or trying nothing until the next shooting (inevitably) occurs?

Reactions: Been Jammin
And you are burying your head in the sand if you think that someone determined to shoot up a school isn't going to find firearms to do it. Regardless of age.
It’s another hurdle. Just how I’m very much in favor of adding security at schools including dedicated law enforcement, funding for added measures around locks and entry protocols.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT