ADVERTISEMENT

Uvalde shootings

It is going to take adults compromising. It isn’t simply the right needs to do something. That isn’t the way our government works. Unfortunately I’m not sure there are many adults on either side.
While I agree about the points about adults, the left has been pushing for stronger gun laws for a while. The right wing is in the pocket of the gun lobby, Just like liability laws are not changing because the left is in the pocket of the trial Lawyers assoc.

While I agree about the points about adults, the left has been pushing for stronger gun laws for a while. The right wing is in the pocket of the gun lobby, Just like liability laws are not changing because the left is in the pocket of the trial Lawyers assoc.
Dems have the Presidency, The House, and the tie breaking vote in Congress. What is stopping Dems from putting a bill forward tomorrow?

Reactions: colcord
Dems have the Presidency, The House, and the tie breaking vote in Congress. What is stopping Dems from putting a bill forward tomorrow?
Right wingers and their lies. Ask the Marine just freed from Russia what some of your heros did. They stopped votes to cause disruption. They care not who they hurt so long as they get their power and under table millions.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: TPOKE and OKSTATE1
Who are you tired of hearing Thoughts and Prayers from?
EVERYONE!!!!! If this country really cared about humans more than money, this problem would not exist in these numbers. My point is "thoughts and prayers " should not be required. Certainly not in these numbers.

Nobody has supported murder except maybe right wingers posing as left.
Right wingers and their lies. Ask the Marine just freed from Russia what some of your heros did. They stopped votes to cause disruption. They care not who they hurt so long as they get their power and under table millions.

you were doing so good acting like a normal human being until now.

More importantly unchecked mental illness, and a profitable violent culture (in music, media etc.) that is accepted as normal.

Not sure the genie is ever going to be put back in the bottle on any of that, but we can make sure our kids are safe in schools thru upgraded security.

After 911, we didn't outlaw planes, we upgraded security.
False equivalency

Kyrsten Sinema and/or Joe Manchin
Exactly.

But it is not just those 2. There is more Dems than that, that would not vote for it. If it was just those 2, put the bill forward, hurt them in the next election. But Dems don't want to expose other Dem candidates in an election cycle they are projected to get hurt. I also believe some Reps would vote for it as well, but again no one wants to put their seat on the line before mid-terms.

Putting this on one side of the aisle is division politics. I offered age 21 for gun ownership and like a car, require affordable insurance for owning a gun yesterday.

Here is how you solve a bunch of the death. You need a few Dems and Reps to come together to deal with ALL death, all lives matter, in a negotiation you have give and take and everyone gets something, everyone gets a win, I posted this yesterday:

1. Illegal Immigration - Need fair immigration laws and enforce them. How many more COVID infections and death did we have from an open border with no testing? Fentanyl deaths? And child trafficking? Even if you were to make guns totally illegal in this country, the open borders will just allow the cartels to now make money off black market guns. This is a FACT. If kids can get drugs thru the black market brought in thru Mexico? They will get a gun if they want one when they buy their drugs. Even with a closed border they would get in, but you can slow the flow. This issue right now killing far more than what is happening in schools. Some estimates put the increase in Fentanyl deaths as a result of the open border at 100K.

2. Reasonable gun controls. We need a better computer infrastructure in place to be able to do really good background checks. I would be ok pushing the legal limit to own a gun to 21, but if you do that it should also be the legal age required to join the "fighting" military during peace time or if no congressional approved draft is active. I would also be ok with cost effective gun insurance to be required to own a gun, in the event you injured someone intentionally or by your own negligence. I am not for taxing something that is 2A right.

3. Federal grant money for more security for schools, from physical facility, security personnel, counselors (to identify kids at risk), and digital media tracking. We can pay billions to protect Ukraine and protect other countries, but not our own kids. Anyone mocking this? You just want the guns. You have to ask the why and not the how. Again, you can take away all guns, but if someone wants to kill school kids and can just walk in any open back door without proper security, plenty of ways to kill. If you believe 20 is too many? So is one. 94% of school shootings happen in a public schools, many lessons can be learned here, and some of it is culture and the value systems taught in those schools as well as demographics and security. Again, open borders means easily sourced illegal guns and drugs.

4. Return abortion to a state issue, and late term abortions under any circumstance has to be considered murder. You can't cry over a 10 YO being shot and be ok with all the adults in an abortion clinic, clipping the vocal chords of the nearly born first so you can not hear them cry as they are murdered.

All of these 4 items impact the youngest and most vulnerable. The inability of both sides of the aisle to put aside partisan politics and their own lobby money and votes to do what is right reeks of the moral corruption in Washington, D.C.

That is what is wrong with this country. Each tribe only wants their exact policies, to the exclusion of all other compromises and passing of laws that may not be perfect, but will actually improve the amount of lives needlessly snuffed out each year in this country.

In my mind, that is what a moderate would do and that is what someone with a moral conscience would do.

Last edited:
Nothing is getting done because there is an unwillingness to compromise. It is easier to blame the other side than to work together for a solution. Blaming the other side while expecting them to come over and adopt your position has not and will not yield results. Going to have to be give and take by both sides to get a bill passed.

EVERYONE!!!!! If this country really cared about humans more than money, this problem would not exist in these numbers. My point is "thoughts and prayers " should not be required. Certainly not in these numbers.
First, calm down a bit Nitro. I asked for a reason. The only explanation that's acceptable to me for people acting so condescending, hypocritical and to be honest, callous to a terrible situation, is that some were saying they were tired of hearing politicians saying it when they can make changes to policies (notice the things with thoughts and prayers marked out and policy and change below it? That's what that means).

Second, people deal with their emotions differently. Especially when they know they really can't do anything about it in the here and now (i.e. they can try to vote to change, but today that's about all they can do). I saw tons of people throwing out their thoughts, feelings, prayers, whatever you want to call it when George Floyd died and didn't see an orchestrated effort to snuff out anyone from saying good things about him. I see people throw out good thoughts and prayers (yes I said it so fvcking deal with it) to people and circumstances all the time. I see people throw out what seems like caring and empathetic phrases when they don't know what else to do. Some assholes do it for attention.

Third, I didn't see you parroting it until about 100 other people had said it as well, so it's not even your own thought. Lastly, think about how you and the others doing/saying things like that are coming off. You want change? Treating people like shit instead of speaking with them is the last way to do it.

Notice I didn't attack you in my initial question. I asked where you and were tried to get your perspective. I don't make money off of guns. I don't care if they're regulated a little more stringently. I have nothing to hide as far as background checks or anything. Check me or not, I could buy a gun if I really wanted to. Be sick of having to hear people feel the need or want to say it, sure. I get that. But what I'm hearing is you are sick of them saying it.

Reactions: tlwwake
So democrats?
giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: AC2020
And politicians being in the pockets of strong benefits the people in no way. That is why I don’t care for politicians, because they don’t want to fix our country: their pockets get empty if we are a unified nation. They get rich off of problems.

And politicians being in the pockets of strong benefits the people in no way. That is why I don’t care for politicians, because they don’t want to fix our country: their pockets get empty if we are a unified nation. They get rich off of problems.
This times however many is possible

Reactions: AC2020
Only in your mind.

Those kids weren't terrorized?

We go and above to protect adults in a number of buildings that we believe are at risk.

But it doesn't work for kids. Got it.

"**** them kids!"
You are equating the safest form of travel to mass shootings. Nothing alike.

First, calm down a bit Nitro. I asked for a reason. The only explanation that's acceptable to me for people acting so condescending, hypocritical and to be honest, callous to a terrible situation, is that some were saying they were tired of hearing politicians saying it when they can make changes to policies (notice the things with thoughts and prayers marked out and policy and change below it? That's what that means).

Second, people deal with their emotions differently. Especially when they know they really can't do anything about it in the here and now (i.e. they can try to vote to change, but today that's about all they can do). I saw tons of people throwing out their thoughts, feelings, prayers, whatever you want to call it when George Floyd died and didn't see an orchestrated effort to snuff out anyone from saying good things about him. I see people throw out good thoughts and prayers (yes I said it so fvcking deal with it) to people and circumstances all the time. I see people throw out what seems like caring and empathetic phrases when they don't know what else to do. Some assholes do it for attention.

Third, I didn't see you parroting it until about 100 other people had said it as well, so it's not even your own thought. Lastly, think about how you and the others doing/saying things like that are coming off. You want change? Treating people like shit instead of speaking with them is the last way to do it.

Notice I didn't attack you in my initial question. I asked where you and were tried to get your perspective. I don't make money off of guns. I don't care if they're regulated a little more stringently. I have nothing to hide as far as background checks or anything. Check me or not, I could buy a gun if I really wanted to. Be sick of having to hear people feel the need or want to say it, sure. I get that. But what I'm hearing is you are sick of them saying it.
Spin it, Twist it, lie about it the republican way. I made it quite clear" IT SHOULD NOT BE NECCESSARY". And yes I said it

I’m doing my best to hold judgment and let the facts come out, but as more and more articles start to come out with first hand accounts of what took place re: law enforcement response…it’s becoming very clear that there was something very wrong.

We have people advocating for arming teachers, administrators, etc yet they gloss over the fact that those who are actually employed as law enforcement potentially failed to properly respond adequately…

I’m doing my best to hold judgment and let the facts come out, but as more and more articles start to come out with first hand accounts of what took place re: law enforcement response…it’s becoming very clear that there was something very wrong.

We have people advocating for arming teachers, administrators, etc yet they gloss over the fact that those who are actually employed as law enforcement potentially failed to properly respond adequately…
Here’s another:

Spin it, Twist it, lie about it the republican way. I made it quite clear" IT SHOULD NOT BE NECCESSARY". And yes I said it
Cool. It shouldn’t be necessary. I agree 100%. Truth is, it is. But people are allowed to say it. And it’s a really selfish, dick move to try to tell them not to. And you don’t know me or my views. So don’t pretend that you do. Just a preview, I despise most politicians and despise extremism even more within the political spectrum. I have a 4 about to be 5 year about to go into school and am nervous but not as nervous as my wife.

Cool. It shouldn’t be necessary. I agree 100%. Truth is, it is. But people are allowed to say it. And it’s a really selfish, dick move to try to tell them not to. And you don’t know me or my views. So don’t pretend that you do. Just a preview, I despise most politicians and despise extremism even more within the political spectrum. I have a 4 about to be 5 year about to go into school and am nervous but not as nervous as my wife.
More SPIN. LIE AND TWIST SOME MORE!!! You know full well I want no shootings so it will not be needed. THAT is my position.

If he was outside shooting, how did he even get in the school? Seems like a failure of the responders and a lack of the school’s ability to lock down.

The right wing is in the pocket of the gun lobby,
You are dead wrong. It has NOTHING to do with lobbiests

NOT JUST THE RIGHT WING, but center right and independents (and a surprisingly % of democrats) that are “in the pocket” of the 2nd Amendment.

we are as close as we’ve ever been since 1776 for the need for “the threat” of a civilian malitia. It is not far right crazies. There’s a not so insignificant % of democrats under truth serum and the voting box that agree

this will never be solved by gun control.

if you want to Guarantee a civil war, go down that path. And here’s what will happen in CWII.

with more guns in possession than citizens…..and 80% of military personnel pro gun, even an undivided 3 branch government (probably impossible) would last 2 weeks. It would be ukrain to the power of 30 zeros

Last edited:
You are dead wrong. It has NOTHING to do with lobbiests

NOT JUST THE RIGHT WING, but center right and independents (and a surprisingly % of democrats) that are “in the pocket” of the 2nd Amendment.

we are as close as we’ve ever been since 1776 for the need for “the threat” of a civilian malitia. It is not far right crazies. There’s a not so insignificant % of democrats under truth serum and the voting box that agree

this will never be solved by gun control.

if you want to Guarantee a civil war, go down that path. And here’s what will happen in CWII.

with more guns in possession than citizens…..and 80% of military personnel pro gun, even an undivided 3 branch government (probably impossible) would last 2 weeks. It would be ukrain to the power of 30 zeros
There’s a wide gap between what we have now and “take away everyone’s guns”

Sickening.

It wasn't so safe when terrorists took over was it?

"**** them kids!"

Here's something else just as sickening. Cowards.

Also sickening that in Abbot's initial press conference, he went on and on about how the heroic officers ran toward gun fire and how "if not for them, it could have been worse". He also told us that the shooter was engaged with a school resource officer (and shots were fired) prior to entering the school. Someone is trying really hard to cover up for cops not doing their job (maybe Abbott, maybe people he is talking to).

It also sounds like school officials seriously effed up. The shooter was outside the building, firing his weapon, for at least 4 minutes before he entered. The school wasn't locked down until 3 minutes after he entered the building.

Also sickening that in Abbot's initial press conference, he went on and on about how the heroic officers ran toward gun fire and how "if not for them, it could have been worse". He also told us that the shooter was engaged with a school resource officer (and shots were fired) prior to entering the school. Someone is trying really hard to cover up for cops not doing their job (maybe Abbott, maybe people he is talking to).

It also sounds like school officials seriously effed up. The shooter was outside the building, firing his weapon, for at least 4 minutes before he entered. The school wasn't locked down until 3 minutes after he entered the building.
The first report is always wrong.

Always.

I’m not trying to die on this hill and any actual cover ups should be dealt with severely, but people do need to learn to let situations and information develop.

This is the whole problem with all the police in schools and other protocols. I guarantee you few if any of those small town cops have been in a fire fight, much less some security guard, even less teachers/school admin. I can’t speak to gun fights, but I can speak to saving someone’s life w only seconds to do it in the operating room/hospital. You can train a million times, but you never know how you are going to react until it actually happens. I’ve seen some of the smartest, most competent docs freeze when that time comes. It’s easy for us to call them cowards, and I’d like to think I’d react differently, but you truly never know.

Sounds like he got bad info.

Reactions: colcord
The more info that comes out the more it looks like the cops really messed this one up. Which, in my not so humble opinion, reinforces my individual need to have the ability to protect myself.

One of the things these mass shootings have in common is they happen in gun free zones. Absent the threat of equal push back, sick people will continue to focus on these soft targets.

And many of these cops now live in an environment that every shooting is racist and they are guilty until proven innocent. Captain obvious stuff to go in there, but mentally many of our police no longer feel like the good guys, under appreciated, no longer wanted, and their actions questioned. Defund them and get rid of the racist worthless police that brutalize everyone. Not good to have demoralized police when it comes time to risk your life. And maybe they should have been given rifles and training instead of bias training and the assumption they are racist.

Reactions: colcord and AC2020
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT