ADVERTISEMENT

Uvalde shootings

I saw that last night. It looks like the police were pure and simple cowards. If that is really not out of context and what happened it is just sad that they would not go confront the shooter ....
It looks to me like they were ordered not to engage the shooter. I have heard that two cops (one with a wife who died and one with a student in one of the classrooms) were trying to move to the classrooms and engage the shooter, but were restrained by other officers.

This doesn't excuse the actions of any officers. Some of them were likely all too happy to listen to orders and stay out of harm's way. But, I think the failure here was in leadership more than anywhere else.

• Sad
Reactions: AC2020
It looks to me like they were ordered not to engage the shooter. I have heard that two cops (one with a wife who died and one with a student in one of the classrooms) were trying to move to the classrooms and engage the shooter, but were restrained by other officers.

This doesn't excuse the actions of any officers. Some of them were likely all too happy to listen to orders and stay out of harm's way. But, I think the failure here was in leadership more than anywhere else.
I think you're right.

I have held this thought since evidence showing the police setting on their butts during the event. My question is who told the police not to respond.

Reactions: Been Jammin
Really? Give teachers the 2nd amendment right to carry firearms. You will never see another one sided massacre.

Give the left all the gun control measures they desire. Watch nothing change.
Give me some of both please. AR-15 ban to at the minimum stop manufacturing/selling new, close resale loop holes, arm the teachers that can handle it. Obviously most teachers can't or don't want to carry but 6-7 firearms in the school is better than the gunman being the only one with one. Nothing is going to stop these things all together because there are so many f**** up clowns walking around this country, but damn it would be nice for a reduction or to at least make it more difficult to pull off.

Reactions: Been Jammin
This one came back up and Media Days are under way, which means we are past the off-season. Thread moved to Pol board

Really? Give teachers the 2nd amendment right to carry firearms. You will never see another one sided massacre.

Give the left all the gun control measures they desire. Watch nothing change.
The government doesn’t want that. Shootings keep the people divided and distracted which is what they want

Reactions: Corndog2021
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT