ADVERTISEMENT

US Open

Mrgrapple

2nd Team
Sep 8, 2006
Several Cowboys already entered the National Open Fix, Morrison, Kindig, Heil, Dieringer, Schaffer last time I looked. I always go to Vegas and will again this year. Interested to see how Fix will do at the senior level and can’t wait to see the Dieringer vs Dake matchup.

Does Fix have to chose between junior and senior? Would suck for the junior team to lose Fix if he doesn't make the senior team.

Does Fix have to chose between junior and senior? Would suck for the junior team to lose Fix if he doesn't make the senior team.

Similar to our HWY commit as he is going junior but is still a cadet and can still qualify for cadet if he doesn't in juniors.

I'm excited to see Fix back in action. He has previous wins over a bunch of senior level guys already.

Similar to our HWY commit as he is going junior but is still a cadet and can still qualify for cadet if he doesn't in juniors.

I'm excited to see Fix back in action. He has previous wins over a bunch of senior level guys already.
He's #3 in the senior men's rankings I looked at earlier then lost the link. Behind Gilman and Ramos. Lee is #5.

Would the rankings be different, hypothetically, if there were a folkstyle ranking?

Fix and Dieringer won two today and both are in the semis at 7 central. Also in the junior division saw where whitlake won his last match

Is FLO the only place this can be found?

Quarters for the juniors start at 5:00pm central time on FLO. G, Wittlake and Harris are all in the quarters. G and Wittlake have dominated their matches.

Semis for the senior level (Fix, AD and Schafer) start at 7:00pm central time and can be also be watched on FLO. Fix had a 29 second Tech fall in his senior debut and AD has been dominant thus far.

G dominates a pretty athletic kid 12-1 in a little over a minute in the semis.

Finesilver from Duke upsets Wittlake. Wittlake was in on a bunch of shots and Finesilver was able to muscle counters to pull the close upset.

Finesilver from Duke upsets Wittlake. Wittlake was in on a bunch of shots and Finesilver was able to muscle counters to pull the close upset.
Wittlake looked tired and I thought wrestled poorly . The good news I just saw was Dustin Platt a sophomore in high school made the semi's by beating Romero who just finished his redshirt year at Ohio St and was one of their top recruits last year. Kirkvliet won by tech in the first period to make the semi"s.

Last edited:
Reactions: LANDONAMBERSOCCER
Wittlake looked tired and I thought wrestled poorly . The good news I just saw was Dustin Platt a sophomore in high school made the semi's by beating Romero who just finished his redshirt year at Ohio St and was one of their top recruits last year. Kirkvliet won by tech in the first period to make the semi"s.

He did look tired and the others kids strength and horsepower is what won it for him. Wittlake was quicker and much more offensive. Most likely a tough cut or he is a tad under the weather.

Wow!!! Fix techs Terrao in about 45 seconds to advance to the finals. He is nasty on top. If he can get Ramos down he will give him problems.

Reactions: okcpokefan12
He did look tired and the others kids strength and horsepower is what won it for him. Wittlake was quicker and much more offensive. Most likely a tough cut or he is a tad under the weather.
82 I don't believe he has to make a tough cut, maybe he was hurt some or maybe his conditioning isn't where it should be. I still have a lot of confidence in him but that was disappointing.

82 I don't believe he has to make a tough cut, maybe he was hurt some or maybe his conditioning isn't where it should be. I still have a lot of confidence in him but that was disappointing.

He has been SO good over the past two to three years against top top competition that you have to give him a pass.

Just because he doesn't normally have a tough cut doesn't mean this particular cut wasn't hard for one of a number of reasons. He is a major top tier recruit and the type we need more of,

He has been SO good over the past two to three years against top top competition that you have to give him a pass.

Just because he doesn't normally have a tough cut doesn't mean this particular cut wasn't hard for one of a number of reasons. He is a major top tier recruit and the type we need more of,
Gfeller got beat by Demas 6 to 3. Lost a 4 point move and then was not aggressive. Hard to understand that match. He seemed tired at the end and OU didn't seem tired.

Gfeller got beat by Demas 6 to 3. Lost a 4 point move and then was not aggressive. Hard to understand that match. He seemed tired at the end and OU didn't seem tired.

Demas is a VERY good FS (and Greco) wrestler. The transition to folk hasn't been as smooth but he is built for the Olympic styles.

Demas is a VERY good FS (and Greco) wrestler. The transition to folk hasn't been as smooth but he is built for the Olympic styles.
In state recruit we must have is Plott, he just made the finals beating the number 1 seed Dow of Wisconsin. I did not see the match but checked brackets and saw Wittlake won 10 to 0.. The end of the Plott match was weird. Plott almost blew the match and seemed to give up 3 going off the mat in about 30 seconds. He got a takedown to make it 12 to 8 and then quit wrestling. However he is a sophomore in high school and he looks like a super prospect. He progressed his sophomore year by jumping 2 levels.

In state recruit we must have is Plott, he just made the finals beating the number 1 seed Dow of Wisconsin. I did not see the match but checked brackets and saw Wittlake won 10 to 0.. The end of the Plott match was weird. Plott almost blew the match and seemed to give up 3 going off the mat in about 30 seconds. He got a takedown to make it 12 to 8 and then quit wrestling. However he is a sophomore in high school and he looks like a super prospect. He progressed his sophomore year by jumping 2 levels.

Plott was pretty dominant against the 1 seed. The kid looks to be entering the true blue chip level.

Hidlay beat Wittlake 3-2 without taking a single shot... Weird rules still plague freestyle.

Wittlake was in a a few deep shots and put Hidlay on the clock twice.

Good news future cowboy Kerkvliet is in the finals by winning by tech fall. Bad news Wittlake lost 3 to 2 to Hidlay who he beat in Pittsburg. His only points were scored on stalling cautions. Very disappointing tournament by Wittlake but yes he still is a potential star for us.

G picks up a Tech over Storr formerly of ISU in about 2 minutes.

Still stunned you can win a match without taking one single shot...

Uhhh...anyone watch Plott match? Why did he not get four what he took Moody straight to his back?

Good news Kerkvliet won by tech fall in the 1 st period beating Elam of Mo. Bad news Gfeller wrestled horrible in the 3rd place match and got pinned in the 1st period and was dominated before that by a Northern Colorado guy. Strange match by Plott in the finals. Moody of Iowa controlled the whole match but the last minute Plott came back and lost 8 to 6 but I agree with April Racer that he got 2 and it looked like he should have gotten 4 which would have put him in the lead.

Good news Kerkvliet won by tech fall in the 1 st period beating Elam of Mo. Bad news Gfeller wrestled horrible in the 3rd place match and got pinned in the 1st period and was dominated before that by a Northern Colorado guy. Strange match by Plott in the finals. Moody of Iowa controlled the whole match but the last minute Plott came back and lost 8 to 6 but I agree with April Racer that he got 2 and it looked like he should have gotten 4 which would have put him in the lead.
Amazing to consider that Plott is still Cadet eligible and maybe for one more full year. Moody was eligible to be a Junior by only four days and is 5 years older than Plott. He just completed his redshirt sophomore season at Iowa while Plott is a HS sophomore.

Almost as amazing as Kerkvliet who is also Cadet in age dominate the Junior field.

Last edited:
Reactions: osu2082
Anyone know when finals start? AD is the last match and Fix second to last.

Last edited:
Anyone know when finals start? AD is the last match and Fix second to last.

5:00pm central on Flo.

Freestyle is such a roller coaster. So many "upsets" at all levels with the rules and scoring throws and moves. For instance Wittlake took 7th but less than a year ago dominate Brooks who won the open here.

G teched the 1 seed and then was pinned in the 3rd place match.

Austin Schafer goes from a no time AA at OSU to winning the US Open at the senior level!

He looked very good all tournament. Dangerous and offensive for a big weight class.

5:00pm central on Flo.

Freestyle is such a roller coaster. So many "upsets" at all levels with the rules and scoring throws and moves. For instance Wittlake took 7th but less than a year ago dominate Brooks who won the open here.

G teched the 1 seed and then was pinned in the 3rd place match.
He needed a 220 weight class.

Reactions: osu2082
Not that it's real surprising but we have something special in Fix. He took Ramos to the absolute limit and was the offensive aggressor in a very close loss. He wins the next one.

Derringer might as well. Got two TDs on Dake and looks to have closed the gap. Tied 5-5 but in another rule that doesn't help the sport, lost due to "criteria."

Schaefer has found his weight class and he has jumped a level. It is a shame both Alex and Daton lost such unbelievably close matches. Maybe they will win the finals coming up and make the world team. The bad thing in Schaefer,s weight is the best wrestler in the world is his competition to make the world team. I hope Wittlake comes back in the world team challenge. He would need to win a bunch of matches. Kerkvliet looks good for the junior team. I had heard Joe Smith was going to wrestle at seniors anyone know why he didn't.

Not that it's real surprising but we have something special in Fix. He took Ramos to the absolute limit and was the offensive aggressor in a very close loss. He wins the next one.

Derringer might as well. Got two TDs on Dake and looks to have closed the gap. Tied 5-5 but in another rule that doesn't help the sport, lost due to "criteria."

Question on Fix...

He was listed as Titan Mercury Wrestling club but his dad cornered him and his dad is the coach of Cowboy RTC? Anyone have any idea how these club affiliations etc work?? Titan Mercury had finalists at like every weight lol

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT