ADVERTISEMENT

U20 World Team Trials and U23 Nationals

Is Spratley not wrestling at the team trials? I don't see him registered and find it surprising he's not considering the success he had at last years trials.

I had posted early in this thread that we wouldnt see to many guys. Coach Taylor and Co want them to focus on folkstyle and just getting better.
Just to clarify if you know, was that a request by coach that they not go or was it more so we won’t ask you to go? If that makes sense haha

There’s only two 130kg Greco participants for U20 so Hayden is in the finals! Haha

This is the challenge finals if he wins. He goes best of 3 against the guy he lost to in the Nationals finals (he got pinned in 39 sec).

Reactions: TheJimReaper
I had posted early in this thread that we wouldnt see to many guys. Coach Taylor and Co want them to focus on folkstyle and just getting better.
Are you sure about this?

I thought he came here to coach World Champs and guys that want to be World Champs. You can't be a World Champ if you don't compete in the event that can allow you to be a World Champ.

I like World Champs!

Reactions: gyppoke
Are you sure about this?

I thought he came here to coach World Champs and guys that want to be World Champs. You can't be a World Champ if you don't compete in the event that can allow you to be a World Champ.

I like World Champs!
Maybe he means like real ones. Not this chump champ “U__” stuff!!! P4P World Champs BABY!!!

Reactions: chasepollard
The guys who win U23 are going to get the shaft with the younger guys who did well at OTT. So I’m not sure anyone really has a chance to make the world team for U23 this year anyway. But I agree with your overall point about the importance of having world team members

Reactions: AtownPoke
Just to clarify if you know, was that a request by coach that they not go or was it more so we won’t ask you to go? If that makes sense haha
Curious as well. Sitting Spratley and JW out of the trials to focus on folk seems odd considering the success both have had at FS and it’s not like it really takes your focus away from folk to compete for 2 days out of the summer

Curious as well. Sitting Spratley and JW out of the trials to focus on folk seems odd considering the success both have had at FS and it’s not like it really takes your focus away from folk to compete for 2 days out of the summer
It takes more than that to focus and train for it.

Reactions: Cowboy_1988
Good luck this weekend guys! For me and since I don't know your wrestlers that well, I will follow them so that I can start talking about them more intelligently going forward.
McComas wrestled 65 against Lemley from Michigan and not surprising he got teched quickly. I just witnessed the 61 quarters and the guys who wrestled at the US Open got beat bad wrestling the new guys in the bracket Devino, Blaze, Bailey and Vega. Flo did not give Hughes much of a chance against the winner of the challenge. A chance for Hughes to make a World team and show he is ready to be a star. That would be great to see. Also we may be seeing DT moving people up weight classes with McComas and also saw Smith and the other Oklahoma kid Caviness were at 61 instead of 57.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: okcpokefan12
Cody Merrill wins 10-0 in under a minute. Take down into a lace for 6 then take down and lace for the tech.
Cody looked very good against Dineen from South Dakota State. He is not fat, but he is short and it looks like they will build him from here. He is a master at getting high crotches after a scramble where his quickness and focus are so great his opponents can not defense against it. As you indicate chasing 35 his leg laces meant a 30 some second match.

He still gets the U20 Pan Am spot at least but ya clearly his days of 133 are probably over. If it’s that hard for him I would be shocked if DT has him cut like that.

• Haha
Reactions: okcpokefan12
Forrest gets a TD and a lace and his opponent grabs his knee and injury fft out. Challenge finals winner. Best of 3 later tonight.

Mower wins by fall and BT wins by TF
Thompson got about 6 or 7 leg laces. Tech but was not impressed he got a reversal and a takedown. I would like to see more on his feet. I think the takedown was a spin around when his opponent about falls down. I was really looking forward to Hughes in the finals to see him against a very good opponent. But won't happen, also looked forward to seeing Cael wrestle 133 this next year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT