ADVERTISEMENT

Two contrasting views on the black community today

HighStickHarry

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
Apr 21, 2006
an ideological battle is taking place in black culture. I wonder how long the 10% - 20% will continue to care what happens Under the continued policies of the left.

BLM 101: BLACK ATHLETES’ PIVOT TO BLACK RAPPERS NORMALIZES REBELLION, ANARCHY AND CULTURAL ROT

Whitlock Article

Welcome to BLM 101, Volume 10, the online class dedicated to educating athletes on the real agenda and impact of the Black Lives Matter movement.

Today I’m going to explain the negative ramifications of black athletes morphing into black rappers.

Let’s move to Philadelphia, where BLM and Antifa protesters have rioted, looted and vandalized on consecutive nights in the aftermath of two Philly police officers shooting and killing an armed criminal suspect.

The BLM movement has normalized rioting, looting and anarchy as the natural reaction whenever a white police officer is involved in shooting a black criminal suspect. The behavior, character and criminal record of the suspect are irrelevant.

Walter Wallace Jr., the 27-year-old victim, was bipolar, an aspiring rapper, a father of seven, recently married to one of his baby mamas and someone with a substantial criminal history.

In March, he was arrested for threatening to kill the mother of one of his kids, telling her he’d shoot her and the whole house up. In 2019, police arrested him for kicking the windows and door panels of a police car. According to court records, while executing a robbery in 2016, he grabbed a woman by the neck and held a gun to her head. In 2013, according to court records, he punched his mother in the face and threatened to kill her.

For much of the last decade, Walter Wallace Jr., has been flirting with a violent confrontation with police. It happened Monday afternoon when he walked toward police and repeatedly refused to drop a knife.

LeBron James, Colin Kaepernick, the NFL, the NBA, BLM organizers and other celebrity influencers have normalized non-compliance with police instructions. They have made heroes of Jacob Blake, George Floyd, Rayshard Brooks, Breonna Taylor, Eric Garner and other black criminal suspects who have disobeyed police instructions and been injured or killed in the process.

Yes, I include Breonna Taylor on this list because her boyfriend admitted shooting a police officer before Louisville police opened fire inside her apartment.

I have sympathy for Blake, Floyd, Brooks, Taylor, Garner and even Walter Wallace Jr. However, I do not exonerate and excuse the behavior that led to their encounter with police turning violent and deadly.

And I certainly don’t excuse the cheerleaders in the sports and entertainment worlds who are normalizing the non-compliant behavior. Over the weekend, the rapper Offset live streamed himself bickering with police officers who were attempting to arrest the rapper’s cousin for waving a gun at a Trump rally.

It’s not unusual for musicians to have an adversarial relationship with law enforcement. Music is rebellious, anti-establishment and counter cultural. Musicians promote drug use, sexual promiscuity and other forms of immorality.

The marriage of sports, particularly football and basketball, to commercial hip hop has dramatically changed how black athletes use their influence.

LeBron James is Jay-Z, not Muhammad Ali.

Colin Kaepernick is Vanilla Ice, not Arthur Ashe.

James and Kaepernick have led black athletes and their respective sports leagues down the path of rap and rock-n-roll. Athletes are rebellious and immoral. They influence their fans to adopt dangerous behavior. They align themselves with criminality and criminals.

They’re rappers.

During the looting and rioting Tuesday night in Philadelphia, a 15-year-old girl was shot and hospitalized.

No one cares. Not one NFL player will put the girl’s name on the back of his helmet this weekend. She will be no different from the countless black children shot and/or killed across American inner cities because of gang violence. She’ll be no different from the woman Walter Wallace Jr., held at gunpoint or the pregnant woman George Floyd held with a gun at her belly.

Professional athletes have turned resisting criminals into cultural icons.

It’s the Rap Effect.

I admit I’m a fan of rapper Tupac Shakur’s music. I listen to it when I work out. It gets me pumped. But I’m uncomfortable with the hero worship of Tupac. He was convicted of sexual assault. He assaulted a man in the hours before his assassination. He provoked his untimely death. He promoted a lifestyle — “thuglife” — that leads to early death. He’s not a hero. He’s not someone whose life should be studied on college campuses.

We have mainstreamed the celebration of immorality. Athletes used to be symbols of hard work, the benefit of strong values and the power of unity across racial, political, religious and economic differences. Now they’re rappers. They’re wannabe Tupacs.

They’ve contributed to a culture of lawlessness that has America on the brink of total anarchy. Philadelphia is just the latest example.

We’ll tear the country down over Walter Wallace Jr., and ignore the thousands of children destroyed by men who behave as irresponsibly as Walter Wallace Jr.

Reactions: imprimis
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT