ADVERTISEMENT

Trump goes after LeBron James

You really can’t figure it out?
Assume you are saying that every negative interaction from a white person to a black person can be racist?
Interesting, but sad that the vocabulary of leftists have incredibly weakened the meaning of the word.

I didn’t say it was racist. I said it could be interpreted that way. Pay attention.

Why?

Let's create some solid edges on this from which to quantify his racistness.

Using specifics, why do you assert it can be interpreted as racist?

In parallel, what specifics would you claim dont lend themselves to supporting Trump as a racist?

Lastly, who has an incentive (and why) to choose to "speak into reality" Trump as a racist?

Conclusion: what do you personally assess of Trump as a racist? And if you fall on a distinct side of that specific issue, why do you not support your case against the opposite side? Do you see the division such claims sow?

Assume you are saying that every negative interaction from a white person to a black person can be racist?
Interesting, but sad that the vocabulary of leftists have incredibly weakened the meaning of the word.

He made Lebron look smart, which isn’t easy to do.

This could be interpreted as suggesting that black people are dumb.

As I said, I didn’t take it that way. If you want to say it is a stretch, I am fine with that. But, since we can’t read Donnie’s mind, we can’t be sure that he has had prior interactions with Lebron, and came away with the impression that LJ is not too bright. Maybe he just assumed him to be dumb. If so, why?

Reactions: anon_xl72qcu5isp39
Why?

Let's create some solid edges on this from which to quantify his racistness.

Using specifics, why do you assert it can be interpreted as racist?

In parallel, what specifics would you claim dont lend themselves to supporting Trump as a racist?

Lastly, who has an incentive (and why) to choose to "speak into reality" Trump as a racist?

Conclusion: what do you personally assess of Trump as a racist? And if you fall on a distinct side of that specific issue, why do you not support your case against the opposite side? Do you see the division such claims sow?

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/28/us/politics/donald-trump-housing-race.html

https://www.newsweek.com/fair-housi...-look-back-investigation-trump-familys-879437

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...-common-thread-throughout-his-career-and-life

https://www.aclu-wa.org/pages/timeline-muslim-ban

https://www.theatlantic.com/politic...s-some-very-fine-people-on-both-sides/537012/

Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't. But, let's not act like there is no support and that the concept is made up out of thin air.

Can you use your words and your critical analysis?

***Because lack of effort creates a cost.

If lack of effort creates a cost, then we are all in big trouble around here. Plenty of posters don’t put forth a lot of effort to support their points.

What is the cost exactly?

About to sit down for dinner with the family. Will try to get back to this later tonight.

All those article do is support the fact that leftists have changed the definition of “racist” to mean when a white non-leftist says or does anything remotely deemed negative to a person of color.

Trump has said and tweeted multiple insults. And many in the past month. Shoot, he derided each and every candidate in the primary.

Because anyone not an idiot wouldn’t see racism in that tweet.

Ok. But, does that prove that Trump didn’t say it because he assumes that Lebron is dumb?

Personally, I think he was just trying to get under Lebron’s skin, but that is just a suspicion. Only Donnie knows for sure, and he may not even know all of what caused him to choose those words.

I’m just playing Devils Advocate here.

All those article do is support the fact that leftists have changed the definition of “racist” to mean when a white non-leftist says or does anything remotely deemed negative to a person of color.

Trump has said and tweeted multiple insults. And many in the past month. Shoot, he derided each and every candidate in the primary.

I don't disagree. Does that prove that he is not a racist though? Do you know for sure that he never uses the N word when among family? Do you know for sure that he doesn't think it in his head when a black man upsets him?

Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't.

Ok. But, does that prove that Trump didn’t say it because he assumes that Lebron is dumb?

Personally, I think he was just trying to get under Lebron’s skin, but that is just a suspicion. Only Donnie knows for sure, and he may not even know all of what caused him to choose those words.

I’m just playing Devils Advocate here.
He of course was saying it to get under his skin. Also under your skin and other liberals. He’s a troll. It’s what he does.

If anyone cries racism on this tweet they are either an idiot or purposely manufacturing outrage which is exactly what Trump wants.

Reactions: CBradSmith
He made Lebron look smart, which isn’t easy to do.

This could be interpreted as suggesting that black people are dumb.

As I said, I didn’t take it that way. If you want to say it is a stretch, I am fine with that. But, since we can’t read Donnie’s mind, we can’t be sure that he has had prior interactions with Lebron, and came away with the impression that LJ is not too bright. Maybe he just assumed him to be dumb. If so, why?
It can only be taken that way by an idiot.

Can you use your words and your critical analysis?

***Because lack of effort creates a cost.

If I have to give you some kind of answer, I will try.

I believe that Trump's father, Fred, was a racist. The first article I linked rings true. Let's face it, in 1963, it would not have been all that unlikely. There are multiple people who corroborate the story of Fred turning away tenants based on the color of their skin.

I believe that the majority of individuals are influenced by their parents and the environment in which they grow up.

I believe that racists were more common in 1963 than they are today, and there are probably a lot of people whose parents were significantly more racist than they (the children) are today.

I believe that it is entirely possible that Fred was a "classic" racist and that Donald is not.

I believe that everyone is racist to some degree. Even the SJW who see it everywhere they turn.

I don't know Donald personally, so I can't say to what degree he is racist. Even if I knew him personally, I wouldn't know for sure, unless I could get inside his head and read his mind.

Last edited:
A few days ago, I had a new client in an exam room. She had her 8th grade son with her. I asked him if he was looking forward to summer ending and going back to school. I found out he went to the same school my son just graduated from. I thought about asking him if he was in orchestra, because my son is in orchestra and 90% of the orchestra students are Asian (this family is Asian). I didn't ask, because I realized that the question would be racist. But, I thought about it, and it would not have occurred to me to ask the question had he not been Asian.

All of us are racist to some degree, whether we want to admit it or not. That includes Donald Trump. His Tweet may have been completely innocent and had no racist characteristics. But, we are all just guessing/assuming. Nothing is for sure.

I don't disagree. Does that prove that he is not a racist though? Do you know for sure that he never uses the N word when among family? Do you know for sure that he doesn't think it in his head when a black man upsets him?

Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't.
Disprove a negative. Your entire post is crap.

I mean, you could be a serial adulterer and spouse abuser. We don't know that you never cheat or beat your wife when among family? We don't know for sure that you don't think it in your head.

Totally a bull shit post.

I think we see now why he did it. More division. Principally over race, no less. He knows what he is doing. Nobody's opinions have changed but guess who we're talking about. Biff defines the narrative and four pages later....

Reactions: Been Jammin
I mean, you could be a serial adulterer and spouse abuser. We don't know that you never cheat or beat your wife when among family? We don't know for sure that you don't think it in your head.

I have never cheated on my wife. I have never abused her. I don't think it in my head.

There. I said it. Do you believe me? Does that make it true? Is it possible I am lying? Is it possible that I believe what I am saying but I am not being honest with myself?

I have never cheated on my wife. I have never abused her. I don't think it in my head.

There. I said it. Do you believe me? Does that make it true? Is it possible I am lying? Is it possible that I believe what I am saying but I am not being honest with myself?
It's just a bull shit proposition. It's an impossible standard. There's no way to prove it or disprove it. Yet, the implication lingers.

And of course that's your goal of the question in the first place. Ask an impossible question and let the implication smear the person regardless.

Reactions: CBradSmith
Exactly.

What question did I ask? How did I smear anyone?

You know. And if you don't know... then you are playing dumb or are dumb. Either way, it isn't worth my time to engage you on a real level. Not going to get pulled into that.

Just know, your BS doesn't fly.

You know. And if you don't know... then you are playing dumb or are dumb. Either way, it isn't worth my time to engage you on a real level. Not going to get pulled into that.

Just know, your BS doesn't fly.

I didn't ask the question. Bishop Talbert Swan brought up racism, not me.

@poke2001 followed up with this.

This “bishop” was wrong to claim any sort of racism. It’s lame and lazy.

I then attempted to explain how it could be interpreted as racist. As I have said in multiple posts, that doesn't make it so.

And as far as "smearing" Donald Trump, give me a break. He treats everyone he goes up against like garbage. He implies BS about them with regularity. It is how he plays the game. Wake up.

Reactions: AC_Exotic
I think we see now why he did it. More division. Principally over race, no less. He knows what he is doing. Nobody's opinions have changed but guess who we're talking about. Biff defines the narrative and four pages later....
Not only utter bullcrap, but intellectually lazy and name-calling even worse than what Trump did.

Trump tweets at just about every slight he receives. Trump tweets at anyone who disagrees with him. Most are of the same race. Does what he tweets seem unpresidential and beneath the presidency, does it show he is incredibly thin-skinned, it is hurting his approval, yes, yes, and probably yes, but racist, not even close.

And the race-baiting by the bishop and yourself is just going to continue the downfall of leftists. Most sane and reasonable people shake their heads and people crying wolf with “racist” claims when there is no evidence. Van Jones famously said on election night that Trump won in a “whitewash”. He wanted to attempt to make it out about race because most all agree that racism is horrible. But the election outcome wasnt about race. Trump won because people didn’t want Hillary and they were tired of the status quo.

I didn't ask the question. Bishop Talbert Swan brought up racism, not me.

@poke2001 followed up with this.

This “bishop” was wrong to claim any sort of racism. It’s lame and lazy.

I then attempted to explain how it could be interpreted as racist. As I have said in multiple posts, that doesn't make it so.

And as far as "smearing" Donald Trump, give me a break. He treats everyone he goes up against like garbage. He implies BS about them with regularity. It is how he plays the game. Wake up.
And you lambaste him for it. Then proceed to do the exact same thing you decry. So you are no better than Trump but yet to continue to try to claim the moral high ground.

So enjoy your perceived moral superiority. It's an illusion.

giphy.gif

"I like Mike."

Sys, why did Trump say that?
Why might Lebron be thought of as dumb when compared to "Mike?"

The answer is in no way racist.

Pushers like you, in a perverse way, are the racist ones.

And the race-baiting by the bishop and yourself is just going to continue the downfall of leftists. Most sane and reasonable people shake their heads and people crying wolf with “racist” claims when there is no evidence.

Buddy, I didn't call him or anybody else a racist in this thread. I agree with some of what you said, but now you're the one pigeonholing everyone.

He caused more division, you're all whipped up over race. That's an objective fact. I'm not mad. Been isn't. You are. In fact, in this thread I've attributed his possible motivation to Ohio midterms, creating division, and his usual narcissism. And yes, we're on page 4 and you're all whipped up about race.

Been didn't take a side. And don't act offended at the "some people are saying" tactic. Biff has received more self-reported accolades from "some people" than e1 else that's ever breathed.

"I like Mike."

Sys, why did Trump say that?
Why might Lebron be thought of as dumb when compared to "Mike?"

The answer is in no way racist.

Pushers like you, in a perverse way, are the racist ones.

how did I push anything? The board is fighting over racial stuff. That's an objective fact. I didn't accuse Biff of racism in this thread, if you want me to I can, though. I've discussed Biff and racism before.

A few days ago, I had a new client in an exam room. She had her 8th grade son with her. I asked him if he was looking forward to summer ending and going back to school. I found out he went to the same school my son just graduated from. I thought about asking him if he was in orchestra, because my son is in orchestra and 90% of the orchestra students are Asian (this family is Asian). I didn't ask, because I realized that the question would be racist. But, I thought about it, and it would not have occurred to me to ask the question had he not been Asian.

All of us are racist to some degree, whether we want to admit it or not. That includes Donald Trump. His Tweet may have been completely innocent and had no racist characteristics. But, we are all just guessing/assuming. Nothing is for sure.
I find the honesty in this post very refreshing.

I have a black grandson and have needed to dig deep to eliminate any previous racist tendencies I had in the past, as small as they were.

I thought about asking him if he was in orchestra, because my son is in orchestra and 90% of the orchestra students are Asian (this family is Asian). I didn't ask, because I realized that the question would be racist. But, I thought about it, and it would not have occurred to me to ask the question had he not been Asian.

I’ve only skimmed through this thread so I may not have this post in context but are you serious with this? Because the kid was Asian you thought asking him if he was in orchestra was racist? I can’t wrap my head around this.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT