ADVERTISEMENT

Trump goes after LeBron James

When a particular "side" gains a chunk of its political competitive advantage from embracing and attacking from the degrading position (presumably because they are on the short end of the Ideas Stick currently), operating proficiently in the shady gray areas, one needs to operate at their level to neutralize their advantage.

Where a rational person can look at the Trump Lebron tweet and not have race cross their mind, the opportunistic see a chance to malign a side using despicable tactics. Even if an accusation isn't leveled... the implication is clear and remains.

That's problematic and inexcusable.

I am honestly surprised that anyone would claim that Donald Trump is the victim of such behavior. That's rich.
Even richer to suggest that Trump is only doing this kind of thing in response to similar actions by his detractors.

When a particular "side" gains a chunk of its political competitive advantage from embracing and attacking from the degrading position (presumably because they are on the short end of the Ideas Stick currently), operating proficiently in the shady gray areas, one needs to operate at their level to neutralize their advantage.

Where a rational person can look at the Trump Lebron tweet and not have race cross their mind, the opportunistic see a chance to malign a side using despicable tactics. Even if an accusation isn't leveled... the implication is clear and remains.

That's problematic and inexcusable.

Look no further than Sys's Toon's Cup's (during the Obama years especially) rolling average of post content to see what they lead with, where their mind defaults to. You'd think they'd want to debate there merits of their proposed legislation or initiatives, or at least I would.

Where a rational mind can look at the Trump LeBron tweet and not have race cross their mind, a rational person can also see that tweet as nothing more than attacking from the degrading position...operating proficiently in the shady gray areas...which is problematic and inexcusable.

It certainly wasn’t an indication he wants to debate the issues on the merits either.

I don’t buy the whole fight fire with fire, go ugly early, then point out the other side went ugly too as neutralizing any advantage...you deliberately throw enough bait in the water and escalate that bait until the fringe (on either side) bites...I have a hard time seeing how anything has been neutralized.

Reactions: Been Jammin
I am honestly surprised that anyone would claim that Donald Trump is the victim of such behavior. That's rich.
Even richer to suggest that Trump is only doing this kind of thing in response to similar actions by his detractors.

~90% negative coverage.

Is he really f'n up 90% of the time?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT