ADVERTISEMENT

James Howard Kunstler At His Best

Ponca Dan

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
Dec 7, 2003
I don’t agree with everything he wrote, obviously, but I bet the rest of you do.

• Haha
Reactions: Marocain Poke
I don’t agree with everything he wrote, obviously, but I bet the rest of you do.

That’s exactly what it looks like from above the game board.

Your view is probably different as the thimble.

That’s exactly what it looks like from above the game board.

Your view is probably different as the thimble.
Yes, there are game pieces moved on the board, and there are those who move them. You seem to be of the erroneous opinion that you’re above the board moving the pieces. I hate to break it to you: you’re one of the manipulated pieces, same as me. The difference is you don’t know it and I do, and I resist it as best I can.

Yes, there are game pieces moved on the board, and there are those who move them. You seem to be of the erroneous opinion that you’re above the board moving the pieces. I hate to break it to you: you’re one of the manipulated pieces, same as me. The difference is you don’t know it and I do, and I resist it as best I can.

Yep, I don’t know.

He was mostly fine till his last 2 paragraphs. He implies that it must go forward as to go back would mean jail for those perpetrators. That's a fallacy. It must go forward because the greed and lust for power is all encompassing. That's why the Republicans failed to stand up to the swing. It brought them power too.

And his ending about everything being all right. He's technically not wrong, but 'all right' is relative. Those who are prepared for the changes of a future society (whether those are good or ill) will be alright, relative to those around them.

As for the board game analogy. I'm not a piece belonging to either side. I know I'm a piece, and a mostly insignificant one. I'd consider myself like one of the neutral armies in a game of RISK that keeps rolling a 5 or 6 when defending his territory. I ain't taking anyone else's stuff, but I'll be harder to eliminate that most.

He was mostly fine till his last 2 paragraphs. He implies that it must go forward as to go back would mean jail for those perpetrators. That's a fallacy. It must go forward because the greed and lust for power is all encompassing. That's why the Republicans failed to stand up to the swing. It brought them power too.

And his ending about everything being all right. He's technically not wrong, but 'all right' is relative. Those who are prepared for the changes of a future society (whether those are good or ill) will be alright, relative to those around them.

As for the board game analogy. I'm not a piece belonging to either side. I know I'm a piece, and a mostly insignificant one. I'd consider myself like one of the neutral armies in a game of RISK that keeps rolling a 5 or 6 when defending his territory. I ain't taking anyone else's stuff, but I'll be harder to eliminate that most.
I love that last paragraph! I view my opinion like this: there are Alpha males that run the show, Beta males that sheepishly do what they’re told. And then there are those like me: Lone Wolves that don’t want anything to do with the Alphas or Betas. One of the best movies of all time, “The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance” was about a Lone Wolf.

Last edited:
I love that last paragraph! I view my opinion like this: there are Alpha males that run the show, Beta males that sheepishly do what they’re told. And then there are those like me: Lone Wolves that don’t want anything to do with the Alphas or Betas. One of the best movies of all time, “The Man Who Dhot Liberty Valance” was about a Lone Wolf.
For someone who claims to be so independent, your trust in the pro-Hamas news sources that you continuously spout seems auspicious. I'd think you'd be reading both sides and trying to figure out the truth in the middle, but you so want to avoid listening to the Pro-Israel Western news that you've allowed yourself to be completely befuddled by the partisan ramblings of the other side. You're really no different than a liberal who only watches Maddow and MSNBC or a Trumpette who only watches Fox News. You're hate in one side has completely blinded you to the propaganda of the other.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT