ADVERTISEMENT

Trump abandons our ally against ISIS, the Kurds to be wiped out by Turkey

I hope this doesn’t end up as bad as the hellish predictions that came from trump moving our embassy to Jerusalem.

Or the Armageddon from tax cuts.

Or the nuclear war we got in with North Korea.

@07pilt is this another drill or the real thing this time?

71512171_755924514829926_3280073649305944064_n.jpg

It’s always the most extreme with you.
Then what do you mean by “checked?” Turkey is determined to fight the Kurds (big surprise, they only have a thousand year feud). If Turkey attacked and we have troops between the two factions what is your advice?

Then what do you mean by “checked?” Turkey is determined to fight the Kurds (big surprise, they only have a thousand year feud). If Turkey attacked and we have troops between the two factions what is your advice?
For the president to listen to his military advisers.

Turkey wouldn't attack without the US saying "hey feel free to attack."

Donald Trump got "rolled" by Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan, a National Security Council source with direct knowledge of the discussions told Newsweek.

In a scheduled phone call on Sunday afternoon between President Trump and President Erdogan, Trump said he would withdraw U.S. forces from northern Syria. The phone call was scheduled after Turkey announced it was planning to invade Syria, and hours after Erdogan reinforced his army units at the Syrian-Turkish border and issued his strongest threat to launch a military incursion, according to the National Security Council official to whom Newsweek spoke on condition of anonymity.

The U.S. withdrawal plays into the hands of the Islamic State group, Damascus and Moscow, and the announcement left Trump's own Defense Department "completely stunned," said Pentagon officials. Turkey, like the United States, wants regime change in Syria. Russia and Iran support the Assad regime.

"President Trump was definitely out-negotiated and only endorsed the troop withdraw to make it look like we are getting something—but we are not getting something," the National Security Council source told Newsweek. "The U.S. national security has entered a state of increased danger for decades to come because the president has no spine and that's the bottom line."

Newsweek granted the National Security Council official anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss the matter publicly. The source said it would not be surprising to see a Turkish incursion in the next 24 to 96 hours.

Turkey has long considered the Kurdish militia in Syria to be a terrorist insurgency, despite the United States providing military and financial aid to the group in its fight against ISIS, the Islamic State militant group. A battle with the vastly superior military of Turkey, a NATO ally, could drive the Kurds into the arms of Bashar Al-Assad, the Syrian dictator that Washington wants ousted, and by extension into an alliance with Russia and Iran, two U.S. rivals with forces in Syria.

The White House said late Sunday evening in a statement that Turkey will soon invade northern Syria but both the Defense Department and Trump on Twitter said they made clear to Turkey that they do not endorse a Turkish operation in northern Syria.

"As I have stated strongly before, and just to reiterate, if Turkey does anything that I, in my great and unmatched wisdom, consider to be off limits, I will totally destroy and obliterate the Economy of Turkey (I've done before!)," said Trump on Twitter Monday. "They must, with Europe and others, watch over the captured ISIS fighters and families...it is time now for others in the region, some of great wealth, to protect their own territory."

According to the NSC official, who had first-hand knowledge of the phone call, Trump did not endorse any Turkish military operation against Kurdish Forces, but also did not threaten economic sanctions during the phone call if Turkey decided to undertake offensive operations.

In a statement, White House Press Secretary Stephanie Grisham said, "The United States Armed Forces will not support or be involved in the operation, and United States forces, having defeated the ISIS territorial "Caliphate," will no longer be in the immediate area."

The New York Times reported Monday that about 100 to 150 American forces would withdraw from northern Syria but not completely from the country. Newsweek confirmed the Times reporting but the National Security Council official said the number was closer to 230 service members, among them U.S. Special Forces and reconnaissance units.

The Times also reported witnesses observed United States forces withdraw from two observation posts in Tel Abyad and Ein Eissa in northeastern Syria. Newsweek confirmed these on Monday—a senior Defense Department official said American forces are about 90 percent complete with the withdraw as of publication.

One of the main issues in the phone call between the two world leaders concerned the roughly 2,000 Islamic State militant prisoners being held by the Kurdish-dominated Syrian Defense Forces in northeastern Syria, who the U.S. military assists financially.

Trump told Erdogan he did not want anything to do with ISIS prisoners despite the United States not currently detaining Islamic State prisoners in Syria. The Syrian Defense Forces control custody of the prisoners.

Erdogan said Turkey would take custody of the ISIS militant prisoners, according to the White House statement and the National Security Council official Newsweek spoke to for this story.

"The ISIS prisoners, some of them, will eventually be freed amongst the chaos, and remain in the area or go elsewhere to rejoin the fight," speculated the National Security Council official.

For the president to listen to his military advisers.
It’s somewhat typical for you to evade giving an actual answer. One thing I have noticed about left wingers: you throw up your hands in outrage or despair and shout “Somebody do something!” But when asked what you want done your reply is always “That’s for someone else to decide. My job is to be outraged or despairing.” Man up, Pokeabear! Pretend you’re the general and tell us what General Pokeabear would advise!

Reactions: okcpokefan12
The SDF took down their defenses against Turkey on the basis of a security guarantee from the US. This isn't merely a pulling of troops, this is handing the SDF over to the Turks on a silver platter.

Look at Norman Schwartzkopf here

Turkey is an ally in name only. More or less, they got included to be a firewall between Europe and “not Europe” and keep the Bosporus in friendly hands so that the Soviet Black Sea fleet could be better contained.

They’re getting kicked out of the F-35 program (boneheaded decision to include them in the first place) and they’ve been buddying up with Putin and Russia for the past few years.

I don’t know if it’s a Nassar “play both sides” or if they’re really intent on pulling a Nebraska and leaving NATO to go be dominated by Russia.

Turkey is an ally in name only. More or less, they got included to be a firewall between Europe and “not Europe” and keep the Bosporus in friendly hands so that the Soviet Black Sea fleet could be better contained.

They’re getting kicked out of the F-35 program (boneheaded decision to include them in the first place) and they’ve been buddying up with Putin and Russia for the past few years.

I don’t know if it’s a Nassar “play both sides” or if they’re really intent on pulling a Nebraska and leaving NATO to go be dominated by Russia.
In the meantime, while you're trying to decide, the US has two very valuable, very strategic air bases in Turkey. The fact is there is no happy solution. Turkey is intent on attacking the Kurds, and there's not much the US can do to dissuade them. Turkey is convinced the Kurds are implementing terrorist attacks from their "safe zone," and they're adamant that they intend to put a stop to it. It would be a hell of a risk if we put a trip-wire force in the region. I repeat my earlier suggestion: those that think the US should "protect" the Kurds, put on a uniform and stand a post. Otherwise you're just spouting big talk while safely hiding back here in the US.

I repeat my earlier suggestion: those that think the US should "protect" the Kurds, put on a uniform and stand a post. Otherwise you're just spouting big talk while safely hiding back here in the US.
What uniform Dan?

It’s somewhat typical for you to evade giving an actual answer. One thing I have noticed about left wingers: you throw up your hands in outrage or despair and shout “Somebody do something!” But when asked what you want done your reply is always “That’s for someone else to decide. My job is to be outraged or despairing.” Man up, Pokeabear! Pretend you’re the general and tell us what General Pokeabear would advise!
Suck it like it’s your job baby.

This is disgusting.......The Kurds have been our most stead fast allies in the region for decades. Past Presidents have walked the fine line between Turkey and the Kurds, it had always been one of the most important items in that part of the world..........I have spent a great deal of time in Eastern Turkey and have witnessed first hand how important the Kurds are....why anyone would want to help us in the future is beyond me...we screw over long time friends, we break agreements......the US has quickly become untrustworthy

What uniform Dan?

What uniform did I wear? USAF. And, yes, I’ve stood a post and I’ve been in a firefight and I’ve seen the incoming tracers that looked they were in the thousands. And I’ve felt the shock that rattled my teeth, and the smoke that assaulted my nostrils and burned my eyes, and I’ve been convinced I would not live to see my 21st birthday. And I witnessed the death of buddies whose bodies had been turned into mush. No young man or woman should ever be put in that situation by his political betters. And certainly they should not be asked to face such horror for anything other than protecting their homeland. I’m sorry for the Kurds. But our young men should not be ordered to give their lives for anything or anyone but our own. That’s it. I’m triggered. I’m out.

What uniform did I wear? USAF. And, yes, I’ve stood a post and I’ve been in a firefight and I’ve seen the incoming tracers that looked they were in the thousands. And I’ve felt the shock that rattled my teeth, and the smoke that assaulted my nostrils and burned my eyes, and I’ve been convinced I would not live to see my 21st birthday. And I witnessed the death of buddies whose bodies had been turned into mush. No young man or woman should ever be put in that situation by his political betters. And certainly they should not be asked to face such horror for anything other than protecting their homeland. I’m sorry for the Kurds. But our young men should not be ordered to give their lives for anything or anyone but our own. That’s it. I’m triggered. I’m out.
Ironic considering the Kurds have given their lives in order to help us fight our war on terror. You’re doing an excellent job at sucking Dan.

Dan, if we're to put on the uniform of a branch of US military and went to north Syria, I would be all by myself and likely ineffective

Reactions: Pokeabear

Again with the “unnamed sources told some democrat who tweeted about it” tweets.

Open Skies works really well for nations who don’t have the ability to field high grade reconnaissance satellites and as long as the overflown country isn’t hiding things. We’ve been in a series of disagreements with the Russians over the scope of the treaty since 2014, so this isn’t “Trump charging out of left field”.

Russia did a tour of the US a couple of months ago. Some of the flights were staged out of St Joseph, MO, actually.

Turkey has been a member of the NATO alliance since 1952. Is it your thinking we should do battle with our NATO ally

Just because a country is a member of NATO doesn't mean we blindly support what they want.
I'm torn on what looks like abandoning the Kurds. I want us out of the Middle East but not just because
This is disgusting.......The Kurds have been our most stead fast allies in the region for decades. Past Presidents have walked the fine line between Turkey and the Kurds, it had always been one of the most important items in that part of the world..........I have spent a great deal of time in Eastern Turkey and have witnessed first hand how important the Kurds are....why anyone would want to help us in the future is beyond me...we screw over long time friends, we break agreements......the US has quickly become untrustworthy

Time for the EU to step up to the plate and take care of it.

AND of course DJT plays all the suckers and leaves them with muchas juevos on their faces, Again

Make Isis great again.

1. I'm probably the #2 anti-war guy here on the incel board. Do you feel that American lives are worth more than kurdish lives? Because "our" young men doesn't sound like anarchist guy that thinks there should be no government. Now a guy living on one side of a line on a map is worth more than a guy on the other side?

2. Is there a moral difference between sending draftees vs. professional soldiers that ASKED to join?

3. Compare and contrast the moral depravity of war vs. genocide. Because war can prevent genocide.

Make Isis great again.

1. I'm probably the #2 anti-war guy here on the incel board. Do you feel that American lives are worth more than kurdish lives? Because "our" young men doesn't sound like anarchist guy that thinks there should be no government. Now a guy living on one side of a line on a map is worth more than a guy on the other side?

2. Is there a moral difference between sending draftees vs. professional soldiers that ASKED to join?

3. Compare and contrast the moral depravity of war vs. genocide. Because war can prevent genocide.
1). State precisely - PRECISELY - what the mission is.
2). State precisely - PRECISELY - what victory would be. At what point can the troops come home?
3). State precisely PRECISELY - what is the acceptable cost of the mission in both the blood of our young men and the treasure to our taxpayers. How many American lives must be lost before you say enough is enough? How many billions of dollars must be wasted before you sat that’s enough. Please be PRECISE with both numbers.
4). Volunteer to join the army and request to be sent to the Turkey/Kurd dustup and volunteer to be on the front line in as many firefights as possible.
5). Display the signed agreement between the Kurds and the American government, ratified with the support of the legislature, that requires the US to stay and protect the Kurds in perpetuity. You know, like the one we have had with Turkey since 1952.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT