ADVERTISEMENT

Trump abandons our ally against ISIS, the Kurds to be wiped out by Turkey

Here’s an idea: why don’t you throw on your fatigues, pick up your M16, hop on the first plane out and join the Kurds in the fray? It sounds like they could use your support. Maybe our 18-20 year old boys don’t need to die in their place. If you’re so concerned why don’t you head on over there and show everybody how it’s done?

Here’s an idea: why don’t you throw on your fatigues, pick up your M16, hop on the first plane out and join the Kurds in the fray? It sounds like they could use your support. Maybe our 18-20 year old boys don’t need to die in their place. If you’re so concerned why don’t you head on over there and show everybody how it’s done?
Go to hell.

Go to hell.
In my youth people like you were known as “Chicken Hawks.” They had the same attitude as John Bolton; the US should definitely be in Vietnam, but he didn’t think he should have to die in a rice paddy. That should be the fate of the unwashed masses. In my opinion those are the people that should go to hell.

In my youth people like you were known as “Chicken Hawks.” They had the same attitude as John Bolton; the US should definitely be in Vietnam, but he didn’t think he should have to die in a rice paddy. That should be the fate of the unwashed masses. In my opinion those are the people that should go to hell.
Your ignorance of my family’s service and sacrifice is to be expected. GDIAF

You struck a nerve.

I’m not sure how the service and sacrifice of other members of your family relinquishes you from a similar duty, if that’s what you think is called for.
Like I said. Your ignorance is expected. You can’t teach an old dog new tricks, sometimes you just gotta put it down.

Like I said. Your ignorance is expected. You can’t teach an old dog new tricks, sometimes you just gotta put it down.
As I earlier implied, the service and sacrifice made by your family members, but not you, do not justify your demand that other families suffer the same. One would think you would be a little more cognizant of trust.

As I earlier implied, the service and sacrifice made by your family members, but not you, do not justify your demand that other families suffer the same. One would think you would be a little more cognizant of trust.
I would be more aware of trust? :confused:
Like I said outright, your ignorance of my family is expected. Did Bonnie trust you?

I would be more aware of trust? :confused:
Like I said outright, your ignorance of my family is expected. Did Bonnie trust you?

My phone changed the word “that” to “trust.” One would think you would be a little more circumspect in demanding other families suffer the same pain as you imply your family has.

But, I’ve managed to change the subject of the OP. Please explain why you think American soldiers should die protecting a part of the world you probably couldn’t find on a map. What, precisely (be precise!) is the danger to our homeland or our constitution, which is what our soldiers have taken an oath to protect?

Is it possible that as this board’s most prominent troll you thought you could stir up the passions of our Trump faithful, and you aren’t really “beyond sickened,” you just thought you could throw another sucker punch for giggles?

My phone changed the word “that” to “trust.” One would think you would be a little more circumspect in demanding other families suffer the same pain as you imply your family has.

But, I’ve managed to change the subject of the OP. Please explain why you think American soldiers should die protecting a part of the world you probably couldn’t find on a map. What, precisely (be precise!) is the danger to our homeland or our constitution, which is what our soldiers have taken an oath to protect?

Is it possible that as this board’s most prominent troll you thought you could stir up the passions of our Trump faithful, and you aren’t really “beyond sickened,” you just thought you could throw another sucker punch for giggles?
National Security has been and always will be my #1 concern. Hence why I’m constantly at a 10/10 for the last three years. I’ve stated this before, to you. I get that as a vacuum salesmen your job was literally to suck, but come on you don’t have to be so good at it in your retirement.

Reactions: Ponca Dan
National Security has been and always will be my #1 concern. Hence why I’m constantly at a 10/10 for the last three years. I’ve stated this before, to you. I get that as a vacuum salesmen your job was literally to suck, but come on you don’t have to be so good at it in your retirement.
While ridiculous, that might be your best zinger yet. You get a "like!"

I don't agree with Trump on this one. Weren't the Kurds one of our most loyal allies in the fight against ISIS? Seems shitty to turn things over to the Turks who hate the Kurds.
Turkey has been a member of the NATO alliance since 1952. Is it your thinking we should do battle with our NATO ally

Trump has to make good and pay up while he still can.

Trump has to make good and pay up while he still can.
I posted a link of an article by Victor Davis Hanson in another thread. In that article he makes it clear that if Trump gets us involved in another conflict it will almost certainly doom his reelection chances. This situation puts many Trump supporters in a bind. On the one hand they see the Kurds as loyal allies (conveniently forgetting Turkey is also an ally, and a much more strategically important one), while on the other hand it is of supreme importance to them that Trump gets another 4 years. I don't know if Trump's decision is politically based, but it might be. He's in a no-win situation, damned no matter which move he makes. I support his decision to move our troops out of harm's way regardless of his motive.

I posted a link of an article by Victor Davis Hanson in another thread. In that article he makes it clear that if Trump gets us involved in another conflict it will almost certainly doom his reelection chances. This situation puts many Trump supporters in a bind. On the one hand they see the Kurds as loyal allies (conveniently forgetting Turkey is also an ally, and a much more strategically important one), while on the other hand it is of supreme importance to them that Trump gets another 4 years. I don't know if Trump's decision is politically based, but it might be. He's in a no-win situation, damned no matter which move he makes. I support his decision to move our troops out of harm's way regardless of his motive.
The SDF took down their defenses against Turkey on the basis of a security guarantee from the US. This isn't merely a pulling of troops, this is handing the SDF over to the Turks on a silver platter.

Reactions: Pokeabear
The SDF took down their defenses against Turkey on the basis of a security guarantee from the US. This isn't merely a pulling of troops, this is handing the SDF over to the Turks on a silver platter.
So what's the solution? Go to war with one our oldest allies? Don't we have some military facilities in Turkey? Should those troops be sacrificed in a bloodbath?

Be interesting to follow this...

Get out of Asian wars vs. not selling out outnumbered allies that fight ISIS and islamic extremism?

the kurds and christians there have been conservative darlings for a while and it looks like we're basically handing them to... Erdogan/Assad/Putin? And ISIS captives will be set free?

Biff's dementia isn't giving anybody any consolation here.

So what's the solution? Go to war with one our oldest allies? Don't we have some military facilities in Turkey? Should those troops be sacrificed in a bloodbath?
1. Don't have the SDF remove their defenses if you know you are going to abandon them
2. Failing #1 give SDF sufficient notice of their abandonment so they have a fighting chance at defending themselves.

Yes, but Pokeabear would fight for both, against himself

That is, if his ancestors hadn't already done it for him
:rolleyes: Since Turkey has been cozying back up to Russia buy buying the S-400 missile defense system causing us to strip them of the F-35 and bounce their pilots from our training programs, their abandoning democratic ideals while supporting authoritarianism, their bloodlust for an ally that helped us push back ISIS at great personal cost. They haven’t been acting like an ally for awhile. Erdogan needs to be checked.

:rolleyes: Since Turkey has been cozying back up to Russia buy buying the S-400 missile defense system causing us to strip them of the F-35 and bounce their pilots from our training programs, their abandoning democratic ideals while supporting authoritarianism, their bloodlust for an ally that helped us push back ISIS at great personal cost. They haven’t been acting like an ally for awhile. Erdogan needs to be checked.
And by 'checked' you mean go to war with them? Abandon the two very strategic air force bases?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT