ADVERTISEMENT

Thinking about buying a Japanese vehicle.

22LR

Heisman Candidate
Dec 1, 2015
I want to buy and support American automakers, and I have done so for years. But for what reason should I continue to do so?

The assholez that run these corporations are a bunch of woke fat pussies with the mentality of ClintonDavidScott. Their over-priced cars, the ones that aren't made in Mexico, are made in large part, of foreign components. They try and try to threaten me with EV's being the only option in the future. The unions give their money to the Dems and support all the things I am against.

The Japanese don't put up with this BS. They make better cars. They cost a bit less. Just recently, the Japs purchased US Steel (Nippon) and will absolutely turn it around and make it profitable.

I'm looking for ONE reason to keep buying American.

Have had a RAV 4, a 4Runner & another 4Runner not one issue between any of them. Well other than gas milage, but the 4Runner I have now (TRD) doesn't have aa 3rd seat & is probably the best vehicle I've ever owned. Depending on what I do with my 85 acres, I would either keep this 4Runner or drop down to a Highlander.

I want to buy and support American automakers, and I have done so for years. But for what reason should I continue to do so?

The assholez that run these corporations are a bunch of woke fat pussies with the mentality of ClintonDavidScott. Their over-priced cars, the ones that aren't made in Mexico, are made in large part, of foreign components. They try and try to threaten me with EV's being the only option in the future. The unions give their money to the Dems and support all the things I am against.

The Japanese don't put up with this BS. They make better cars. They cost a bit less. Just recently, the Japs purchased US Steel (Nippon) and will absolutely turn it around and make it profitable.

I'm looking for ONE reason to keep buying American.
Didn't a Jap auto maker get in trouble for lying today? Is the second kid making me lose my mind?

Bought an '86 4runner brand new, ran up 300,000 miles on a 22R motor 4 banger. Bullet proof. Could barely climb the highways in the hill country (Texas) but off road lock the hubs into 4x4? Nowhere a man couldn't go. Traded it in for a 96 v6 which has since petered out. Regret that deal, I'd have a million miles on that '86 22r if I still had it today.

Although I loved my Subaru for many years, my current German auto is a noticeable upgrade on all fronts.

Other car is Korean. It’s been virtually indestructible.

I’ve driven multiple other options as rentals on various trips. I’d take my duo over anything else I’ve driven.

Whoa, uh, do what on the boat? Did you sell it?
We sold her 😕 Great great boat (Grady Whites are worth every penny and deserving of their reputation), but too much boat for the local waters. Likelihood of getting her on the gulf was pretty low and infrequent. Guy from California made a great offer, so she is now on the Pacific. She started on the Atlantic, then we had her on the Gulf, now the Pacific, so well traveled!

Check out the new Honda CRV. I really love mine.
I have always liked CRVs. We had an ‘01 that was wonderful. I am debating between a Crosstrek or an Outback, though I think the wilderness Crosstrek will win out. CRV is fantastic, but not exactly what I need.

Reactions: N. Pappagiorgio
Wife has a 2017 CRV she got from a friend of mine, its loaded and has many extras my friend had the dealership put on it, he bought it new in 2017 and only put 8,000 miles on it when she got it in 2018. Got a steal on it at 25,000, it booked for 32,000 when she bought it. She paid it off in 2022. Best car is one thats paid for.
She had one prior to that that she bought in 2009 and drove it until 2018. Prior to that one all her vehicles have been Honda's. She has had very good reliability with Honda's and won't buy anything else.

Reactions: iasooner2000
Myself I have a 94 Dodge Ram V8 Magnum 1500 with 48,000 original miles on it, bought it a year ago for 11.000 and a 2014 Jeep Wrangler Willys Edition with 24,000 miles on it now that I bought new in 2014. Paid cash for the Dodge and paid the Jeep off in 2016. No issues with either one knock on wood.

Reactions: iasooner2000
We sold her 😕 Great great boat (Grady Whites are worth every penny and deserving of their reputation), but too much boat for the local waters. Likelihood of getting her on the gulf was pretty low and infrequent. Guy from California made a great offer, so she is now on the Pacific. She started on the Atlantic, then we had her on the Gulf, now the Pacific, so well traveled!
Nice! It's always cool to get a boat and know the history. Well, I'm sure she served you well. Any plans for another boat?

Not sure if I told you, but I had a great aunt that owned a Grady White up in Gloucester, MA. It was a pretty decent sized boat. My mom's degenerate cousin took me out on it to the greasy pole contest during St. Peter's Fiesta. That's the first time I smoked pot. Very memorable.

I've always been a sail guy and had a Santana 525 that was destroyed by the tornado that hit Norman. Irreplaceable boat. It was one of 265 made and was the cover boat for one of the big sailing magazines back in the 80's. I got a copy of the magazine with the boat.

Nice! It's always cool to get a boat and know the history. Well, I'm sure she served you well. Any plans for another boat?

Not sure if I told you, but I had a great aunt that owned a Grady White up in Gloucester, MA. It was a pretty decent sized boat. My mom's degenerate cousin took me out on it to the greasy pole contest during St. Peter's Fiesta. That's the first time I smoked pot. Very memorable.

I've always been a sail guy and had a Santana 525 that was destroyed by the tornado that hit Norman. Irreplaceable boat. It was one of 265 made and was the cover boat for one of the big sailing magazines back in the 80's. I got a copy of the magazine with the boat.
That is a bummer on your sailboat. We will eventually get another one, but looking at the seadoo pontoon boats. Since we will be on the lake boating rather than gulf/saltwater, a smaller pontoon boat or other shallow water boat will be more fitting. We took our GW about 22 miles offshore, and loved the isolation out there. Wanted to spearfish, but too many aggressive bulls out there.

That is a bummer on your sailboat. We will eventually get another one, but looking at the seadoo pontoon boats. Since we will be on the lake boating rather than gulf/saltwater, a smaller pontoon boat or other shallow water boat will be more fitting. We took our GW about 22 miles offshore, and loved the isolation out there. Wanted to spearfish, but too many aggressive bulls out there.
Did you ever go for scallops off Crystal river or lobsters in the keys?
That seems luke a lot if fun.

Did you ever go for scallops off Crystal river or lobsters in the keys?
That seems luke a lot if fun.
We never did either, unfortunately. Both of those were on the list of things we wanted to do, but I got my job in Texas before we knew it and did not get those done.

We never did either, unfortunately. Both of those were on the list of things we wanted to do, but I got my job in Texas before we knew it and did not get those done.

Not to hijack your thread, but I remember my first crab hunt in Back Bay off Virginia Beach last century when I was killng Viet Cong on NAS Norfolk. Talk about some good eating that night!!

I've owned 3 Acura's since 1990. Everyone of them was awesome.
I've got a Jeep Wrangler currently and I love it but if I was going to get a sedan it'd be an Acura.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT