ADVERTISEMENT

The Mandalorian

I knew the voice of one of the Scout Troopers at the beginning was super familiar. Love the cameos so far.

Chapter 8 was so good. So much better than movies 7 8 and 9. The show does everything right.

The first 5 minutes of this episode may be my favorite thing ever from the Star Wars universe. Loved the stormtrooper conversation and target practice.

giphy.gif

Man, consider me one who thought episode 8 was the possibly the worst one of the entire series. The stormtrooper dialogue was good and enjoyable but overall as far as a series ender, it was just bleh.

Man, consider me one who thought episode 8 was the possibly the worst one of the entire series. The stormtrooper dialogue was good and enjoyable but overall as far as a series ender, it was just bleh.

It had its good and bad moments. Kind of predictable and cheesy. Overall, I thought the season was good but not great. I will stick with it, but it hasn't risen to the level of some of my favorite shows of the past and present.

I have enjoyed it but it seems very "wooden". The almost single perspective from the Mandalorian is getting a bit tiresome. Why not have someone else's perspective or I don't know, but when I watch other shows there seems to "more" going on than just whatever the antagonist is doing.

The whole 2 minute explanation to the audience of what an e web cannon was just weird. It's not like those in the building couldn't see that they just set up a big ass blaster cannon. And the audience had already seen it used in the first episode, so the explanation just came off as unnecessary.

Part of the problem is that the main character (and some minor characters) wear helmets and you can't see their faces. Facial expressions are important if you want a character to have a personality and elicit an emotional rxn from the viewer.

Part of the problem is that the main character (and some minor characters) wear helmets and you can't see their faces. Facial expressions are important if you want a character to have a personality and elicit an emotional rxn from the viewer.

That's not my problem with the show. I thought the 2 stormtroopers were great with the dialogue they were given and their head nods and such. But a lot of the other actors seem to just be reading lines that were put in front of them 5 minutes earlier.

Reactions: Been Jammin
Just caught up on episodes 7 and 8 last night. Enjoyable series, it’s certainly not approaching truly great status but I think it will get even better and is really enjoyable for my family.

I’m not a junkie with the Clone Wars stuff, Darksaber history, etc so this I’m sure feeds the hardcore base very effectively.

Just caught up on episodes 7 and 8 last night. Enjoyable series, it’s certainly not approaching truly great status but I think it will get even better and is really enjoyable for my family.

I’m not a junkie with the Clone Wars stuff, Darksaber history, etc so this I’m sure feeds the hardcore base very effectively.

Yeah, my 12yo made a comment about the dark saber at the end and I had no idea what he was talking about. Then I remembered that he’s watched most of the clone wars animated stuff, so I’m guessing there’s some back story there?

The wife and kids love it. I think some of the lines are corny (and depending on the character, delivered even moreso). But I do find it entertaining as a whole.

Yeah, my 12yo made a comment about the dark saber at the end and I had no idea what he was talking about. Then I remembered that he’s watched most of the clone wars animated stuff, so I’m guessing there’s some back story there?

The wife and kids love it. I think some of the lines are corny (and depending on the character, delivered even moreso). But I do find it entertaining as a whole.

Same. My 12yr old was 'hey that's a darksaber!'....I was like....wut

I had to do some web research to realize where it all started in the animated series and that there was only 1....and apparently it was created by a Mandalorian Jedi.

I like that they are keeping the new characters under wraps. No reason to spoil the season by giving it away a month before release on a trailer.

I'll definitely watch but hope that they make some improvements in their overall storytelling.

Reactions: tlwwake
I like that they are keeping the new characters under wraps. No reason to spoil the season by giving it away a month before release on a trailer.

I'll definitely watch but hope that they make some improvements in their overall storytelling.
What didn’t you like about the storytelling?

Acting is wooden and pace is just slow. Tiring of the almost exclusive perspective of just the Mandalorian.

Reactions: SSS!!!
Acting is wooden and pace is just slow. Tiring of the almost exclusive perspective of just the Mandalorian.

I kind of agree, but it’s still a solid, enjoyable series and if they can add some more depth in season 2 like a lot of shows do it will be a nice distraction from politics etc.

Reactions: Been Jammin
I personally loved the story telling in the fact that it was almost episodic. There was obviously a main story line that was followed throughout, but each episode really told its own story. It definitely harkened back to the old western style of shows. I agree the acting was a little static, but that can happen when you never see the main characters face and he’s supposed to be rigid anyways.

Reactions: CowboyJD
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT