ADVERTISEMENT

The Mandalorian

Whelp they canned Gina Carano. I don't agree that us republican's are being treated like Holocausts victims. I hate when people in todays day and age compare stuff to Hitler or the victims from that despicable period. Takes away from what they went through.

Whelp they canned Gina Carano. I don't agree that us republican's are being treated like Holocausts victims. I hate when people in todays day and age compare stuff to Hitler or the victims from that despicable period. Takes away from what they went through.

Play stupid games. Win stupid prizes.

Play stupid games. Win stupid prizes.
I don't know if I would have fired her. Personally I would like to see people educated on subjects like this or race rather then be cancelled. I don't think the comment was worth a firing from a job. People make poor choices and its not like she condoned the Holocaust. I think if she wasn't a conservative she wouldn't have been fired.

... and should have their lives ruined.

I contend that everyone who compared Trump to literally Hitler did just what you said above.

...and those who refer to the "unaccompanied minors holding areas" on the border as "concentration camps", as well.

Shall I go on, or does Mr. "Play Stupid Games, Win Stupid Prizes" not want to hear it?

... and should have their lives ruined.

I contend that everyone who compared Trump to literally Hitler did just what you said above.

Oh C'mon. Let's not be overly dramatic. She lost a job. Her life isn't ruined. She will find other jobs. She did something dumb. She knew she did something dumb because she tried to erase what she did shortly after she did it.

Oh C'mon. Let's not be overly dramatic. She lost a job. Her life isn't ruined. She will find other jobs. She did something dumb. She knew she did something dumb because she tried to erase what she did shortly after she did it.
Dude I lost a lot of respect for you today. wow

...and those who refer to the "unaccompanied minors holding areas" on the border as "concentration camps", as well.

Shall I go on, or does Mr. "Play Stupid Games, Win Stupid Prizes" not want to hear it?
Its okay for Been since it is his team. wow

I just think people have a way to easy trigger finger when it comes to acquiescing to a small minority of voices. Was what she said in poor taste, yes. What what she said worth losing her job? Nah. Her comments weren't going to make one dent in the Disney brand no more so than Disney chumming it up with China is going to hurt them. China is a gold mine for companies and there's literally no push back or outrage for companies or organizations who openly placate them and then turn around and act righteous about something here.

Our company pretty much told us to stay off Twitter (I don't think any of my post bitching about our FT shooting is going to get me in hot water). We see it all the time when some posts something and then some group takes it the wrong and said person losses their job. Twitter is a bad place, such a small percentage of people use it so it's not worth the risk.

Reactions: CowboyJD
Our company pretty much told us to stay off Twitter (I don't think any of my post bitching about our FT shooting is going to get me in hot water). We see it all the time when some posts something and then some group takes it the wrong and said person losses their job. Twitter is a bad place, such a small percentage of people use it so it's not worth the risk.

Exactly. She's an adult. She shouldn't feel the need to air every casual thought in her head to the public. If you play with fire, you might just get burned.

Pretty good chance that her employers (or multiple Disney executives) are Jewish and might just be sensitive to comments like hers.

Yeah but it's just posturing, if something like that ruffled their feathers then they haven't been paying attention to their industry or even some of the politicians that their stars are supporting. They did it to gain woke points, nothing more. Ultimately though it's Disney's call, it's a crappy double standard and as much as I dislike it, no one said life is fair. I wish they'd bring her back because I really liked her and her comment didn't overly offend me. I tend to think that if you commit a crime that's a fileable offense. Say something controversial, maybe a simple apology and a warning to not let it happen again. Everyone moves on and you don't end up feeding the beast. Eventually the beast will get so big and turn on you and by then it will be too late.

Exactly. She's an adult. She shouldn't feel the need to air every casual thought in her head to the public. If you play with fire, you might just get burned.

Pretty good chance that her employers (or multiple Disney executives) are Jewish and might just be sensitive to comments like hers.
Please remember this post when it's your team getting flogged.

Doesn't "my team" get flogged regularly by Hannity, Carlson, Ingraham, et al? How is this any different? It is just two sides of the same coin. Why do you feel so victimized?
I'm not. And call me when an employer fires someone for posting anti-conservative crap on Twitter. If it happens, it's rare.

Reactions: okcpokefan12
Yeah but it's just posturing, if something like that ruffled their feathers then they haven't been paying attention to their industry or even some of the politicians that their stars are supporting. They did it to gain woke points, nothing more. Ultimately though it's Disney's call, it's a crappy double standard and as much as I dislike it, no one said life is fair. I wish they'd bring her back because I really liked her and her comment didn't overly offend me. I tend to think that if you commit a crime that's a fileable offense. Say something controversial, maybe a simple apology and a warning to not let it happen again. Everyone moves on and you don't end up feeding the beast. Eventually the beast will get so big and turn on you and by then it will be too late.
This is how I feel about it. I’d also add in they didn’t do this without substantial research into how people would react. Especially w the Gunn backlash.

Reactions: CowboyJD
I think it’s more simple than this. Disney has shown that they don’t like controversy. The first time she tweeted things that made fun of people wearing masks probably made them mad. They don’t want that kind of attention. They warned her. (And took away her spinoff she was supposed to have...(I don’t agree with that move)).

Then, a few months later, she tweets about the Holocaust.
So the company warned her (and punished her) and then a few months later she does exactly what her employer didn’t want?

Cant be surprised that she lost her job.

I’m bummed out about it because I liked her in that character.

I think it’s more simple than this. Disney has shown that they don’t like controversy. The first time she tweeted things that made fun of people wearing masks probably made them mad. They don’t want that kind of attention. They warned her. (And took away her spinoff she was supposed to have...(I don’t agree with that move)).

Then, a few months later, she tweets about the Holocaust.
So the company warned her (and punished her) and then a few months later she does exactly what her employer didn’t want?

Cant be surprised that she lost her job.

I’m bummed out about it because I liked her in that character.

I agree.

The mask post wasn’t even the first one they had issue with. She mocked posters that stated their preferred pronouns in their twitter bio. She later posted an apology tweet on that one where she said after a discussion with the actor that plays Mando explained the issue/problem with her doing so to her.

Her posts didn’t offend me personally. I do think Godwinning in posts is really stupid no matter where it comes from politically. The Trump = Hitler posts are and were comparable to her post on the stupidity scale. It looks like to me Disney just reached a point where it was easier and (they believe) in their financial self interest to let her go than to continue dealing with the controversy.

Maybe those that are offended by Disney’s decision ought to take action to boycott or punish them financially for their decision not to support her at this point. That’s they way free speech and free markets work.

I agree.

The mask post wasn’t even the first one they had issue with. She mocked posters that stated their preferred pronouns in their twitter bio. She later posted an apology tweet on that one where she said after a discussion with the actor that plays Mando explained the issue/problem with her doing so to her.

Her posts didn’t offend me personally. I do think Godwinning in posts is really stupid no matter where it comes from politically. The Trump = Hitler posts are and were comparable to her post on the stupidity scale. It looks like to me Disney just reached a point where it was easier and (they believe) in their financial self interest to let her go than to continue dealing with the controversy.

Maybe those that are offended by Disney’s decision ought to take action to boycott or punish them financially for their decision not to support her at this point. That’s they way free speech and free markets work.
Yea, that’s not going to be me. I have a 10 year old. The only way that I get work done during her 3 days of week at home is with Disney +.

Aw screw it. I’m as big of fan as she is.
Unless it’s Ted Lasso. That *stuff is the bomb. (Do the kids still say “It’s the bomb?)

Disney Producer:

5c461797dda4c82b4b8b45b7.png

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT