ADVERTISEMENT

The Biden gas shortage disaster

like Trump?

meyers.gif

You don't grasp the concept of identical? FFS, chump, let me give you a clearer clue. IDENTICAL IN EVERY WAY, including that said white mayor thinking that white reporters are under represented.

We both know why you won't answer with anything other than your usual bullshit, so this is really entirely rhetorical and is only intended to watch the fantastic comedy that is you trying to avoid the landmines you planted yourself.
BTW: I'd say the same thing if your hypothetical mayor was a transgender Hungarian. We call that consistency. I know, something new, even foreign, but consult a dictionary if need be.
I'm just pointing out that your team's policies created Portland's current mess whether you choose to acknowledge it or not.
We miss Vera in PDX. That is a fact.

That would be Obama! Most of the hacks that you left wing liberals complain about happened before the election. Do you think hacking is a bigger problem than your party handing billions over to Iran? And you are about to do it again. Obama is a fraud and Biden is a fraud's bitch.
Not well informed. But to be expected.

The pipeline debacle was not a Russian hack. The Colonial Pipeline is controlled by remotely operated valves via Bettis Emerson controls at each critical valve point. Each valve has a manual override that can also be separately managed from the auto valve controls. Why did this administration wait three days to declare a hack? One man could have closed all the valves remotely through a hack. But it is just a simple to open all the valves manually within hours. There are emergency procedures to do just that. All of the pipeline valves were manually opened 3 or 4 days after the "ransom" was paid. This whole story coming from this administration is pure bullshit.
Again, not well informed. Do you know precisely which system was compromised and subject to the ransomware? Let me help you out, it had nothing to do with the pipeline operation. It was the billing system. The company, as any private company would be expected to, was loathe to ship a product it couldn't bill for. Not sure how that is any politician's fault, but in any case, it is what happened here. Gotta get that shit hosted somewhere with real security...

BTW: I'd say the same thing if your hypothetical mayor was a transgender Hungarian. We call that consistency. I know, something new, even foreign, but consult a dictionary if need be.
So you're cool with a white male mayor doing the exact same thing? You know, to lift up people he feels are underrepresented? It's really a very simple question and we both know why you won't answer it, as usual. And you wonder why we know you're full of shit and just parroting the script.

So you're cool with a white male mayor doing the exact same thing? You know, to lift up people he feels are underrepresented? It's really a very simple question and we both know why you won't answer it, as usual. And you wonder why we know you're full of shit and just parroting the script.
Let's do a bit of remedial reading education here tonight, I got nothing else pressing right now:

"not the smartest thing" - generally understood to indicate a dumb idea.

"within [their] rights" - who am I to try and keep them from their stupidity.

"boost visibility to a group [they] think is underrepresented" - defend it or be called out - especially if you want to broadcast your intentions.

"politicians can’t help it, the ego-driven desire to boost the signal frequently back fires." - politicians generally so focused on themselves they lack common sense.

Hope that helps....

Reactions: OSUMatFan
Let's do a bit of remedial reading education here tonight, I got nothing else pressing right now:

"not the smartest thing" - generally understood to indicate a dumb idea.

"within [their] rights" - who am I to try and keep them from their stupidity.

"boost visibility to a group [they] think is underrepresented" - defend it or be called out - especially if you want to broadcast your intentions.

"politicians can’t help it, the ego-driven desire to boost the signal frequently back fires." - politicians generally so focused on themselves they lack common sense.

Hope that helps....
It's weird that you juuuust can't bring yourself to call it what it is, blatant racism. I thought you donut headed leftists were experts on racism.

It's weird that you juuuust can't bring yourself to call it what it is, blatant racism. I thought you donut headed leftists were experts on racism.
The left is not experts on racism as they claim. Baseless racist charges is M. O. for the left.

Race pimps Sharpton and Jackson are irrelevant without constant referral to skin color. The NAACCP (National Association for the Advancement of CERTAIN Colored People) sat deftly silent while Ted Kennedy and Joe Biden slandered Clarence Thomas.

Because one is black does not mean he is beholden to the left, he is to stupid to form an opinion and has no knowledge how the internet works. If you can't decide who to vote for me or Trump, "you ain't black."

The left is our real racists and never lets us forget what color we are.

• Haha
Reactions: okcpokefan12
Darkside is who hacked the Colonial Pipeline. They are based in Russia. The Solar Winds hack was easily the largest hack of our government. This is all Russia! You can repeat lies, but that does not make them true. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DarkSide_(hacking_group)#:~:text=DarkSide is believed to be,operated by Russian intelligence services).

More about Solar Winds attack https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_United_States_federal_government_data_breach
Why do you lie all the time?

Darkside is who hacked the Colonial Pipeline. They are based in Russia. The Solar Winds hack was easily the largest hack of our government. This is all Russia! You can repeat lies, but that does not make them true. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DarkSide_(hacking_group)#:~:text=DarkSide is believed to be,operated by Russian intelligence services).

More about Solar Winds attack https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_United_States_federal_government_data_breach
Wikipedia? Bwaaaaahahahahahahahaha!

So in your hypothetical example the Mayor notices that white reporters are under represented in the local media? In that case let me quote my earlier position for you because you clearly need help:

"My take, not the smartest thing to overtly articulate [their] intentions but within [their] rights to seek to boost visibility to a group [they] thinks is under represented - especially given the limited time horizon, form of exclusivity (one on one interviews), and subject matter ([their] first two years as mayor) [they] laid out. As usual though, politicians can’t help it, the ego driven desire to boost the signal frequently back fires."

That help?

I look at it less from the “is it racist?” (It is), than I do an “are you ok with politicians choosing who and how the press covers you.” That is terrifying, IMO. Anybody on this board that is ok with that is nothing but a hack or troll.

Kill the Keystone on day 1 (more or less)
Ship loads of cash to Russia And help them build one across Europe a.few months later.
Sounds like grounds for a peach mint

Reactions: okcpokefan12
Again, not well informed. Do you know precisely which system was compromised and subject to the ransomware? Let me help you out, it had nothing to do with the pipeline operation. It was the billing system. The company, as any private company would be expected to, was loathe to ship a product it couldn't bill for. Not sure how that is any politician's fault, but in any case, it is what happened here. Gotta get that shit hosted somewhere with real security...
You are seriously misinformed. No you are seriously stupid. How does a billing system shutdown a pipeline operation to the point that it has to be manually opened by all reports. Do you know anyone in this business or are you just taking the "if it's on the internet it must be true"? The Koch Brothers are the largest of six shareholders in the Colonial Pipeline. The throughput revenue you speak of is a drop in the bucket of their daily revenue streams. Your analysis is pure bullshit. Where the **** do you come from with your bags of bullshit?

How much do you know about the operational workings of the Colonial Pipeline? I suspect you know nothing. Are you going to come up with some lame shit like your sister, David Allen?

You are seriously misinformed. No you are seriously stupid. How does a billing system shutdown a pipeline operation to the point that it has to be manually opened by all reports. Do you know anyone in this business or are you just taking the "if it's on the internet it must be true"? The Koch Brothers are the largest of six shareholders in the Colonial Pipeline. The throughput revenue you speak of is a drop in the bucket of their daily revenue streams. Your analysis is pure bullshit. Where the **** do you come from with your bags of bullshit?
Wall Street Journal not sufficiently reliable to you? Read it in the physical paper while at the Drs office getting my second jab. Don’t have an online sub, but this might be the same story.

Wall Street Journal not sufficiently reliable to you? Read it in the physical paper while at the Drs office getting my second jab. Don’t have an online sub, but this might be the same story.

Colonial systems MAY have been breached. A hack was discovered. The hack had zero effect on the pipeline operations until Colonial shut everything down. As I said, the pipeline was not hacked.

Colonial systems MAY have been breached. A hack was discovered. The hack had zero effect on the pipeline operations until Colonial shut everything down. As I said, the pipeline was not hacked.
And as I said indications are it was the billing system that was impacted. What is your beef with my “analysis” again (besides my being “seriously stupid”)?

My beef is that you have no idea what you are talking about so you seek your information from bogus articles written by people that know less than you do (if that's possible) about pipeline systems. Your modus operandi is to post a bunch of bullshit that you cut and paste as if you are some sort of Einstein. You have been called out Einstein. Let me see if I can get this through to you. This pipeline WAS NOT HACKED and any reference to it being hacked is pure bullshit. By all accounts their administration systems was compromised. Billing systems do not shutdown pipelines so this pipeline hack mantra is false.

BTW: I am the son of a guy that left home (NE Oklahoma) at 18 to join the pipeline industry. I grew up and often worked on pipeline right-of-ways across the USA until we settled in NE Oklahoma so I could go to high school. My dad was a spread foreman on the Colonial Pipeline in 1960/61. After my US Army days I went to school and then left for Kuwait in 1980 on the Basra to Kharg Pipeline. I spent 32 years (1980-2012) living and working Internationally on projects like Iraq-Saudi, Nord Stream One, Shell Malampaya, Sakhalin Energy Far East Russia, Trans-Mediterranean Subsea Pipeline, etc. I am a shareholder in a pipeline venture currently operating in Africa. I commute from Arizona. I take issue with guys like you showing your ass to people that can't call you out.

I can present no plausible argument to ScottsDale.Sooner.

When I crossed into Arizona on I-10 or I-40 leaving Kalifornia, I always felt like I was being freed from Sing-Sing.

The Navajo and land-locked Hopi in Arizona observe Daylight Saving Time.

Reactions: iasooner2000
My beef is that you have no idea what you are talking about so you seek your information from bogus articles written by people that know less than you do (if that's possible) about pipeline systems. Your modus operandi is to post a bunch of bullshit that you cut and paste as if you are some sort of Einstein. You have been called out Einstein. Let me see if I can get this through to you. This pipeline WAS NOT HACKED and any reference to it being hacked is pure bullshit. By all accounts their administration systems was compromised. Billing systems do not shutdown pipelines so this pipeline hack mantra is false.

BTW: I am the son of a guy that left home (NE Oklahoma) at 18 to join the pipeline industry. I grew up and often worked on pipeline right-of-ways across the USA until we settled in NE Oklahoma so I could go to high school. My dad was a spread foreman on the Colonial Pipeline in 1960/61. After my US Army days I went to school and then left for Kuwait in 1980 on the Basra to Kharg Pipeline. I spent 32 years (1980-2012) living and working Internationally on projects like Iraq-Saudi, Nord Stream One, Shell Malampaya, Sakhalin Energy Far East Russia, Trans-Mediterranean Subsea Pipeline, etc. I am a shareholder in a pipeline venture currently operating in Africa. I commute from Arizona. I take issue with guys like you showing your ass to people that can't call you out.

Oh he gets called out quite often, that is when is isn't
AdolescentEsteemedConch-size_restricted.gif

Sigh.

So can you tell me where I said the pipeline was hacked? The IT systems were hacked which is what I said. Those IT systems included the Billing System per well-placed sources - who have spoken publicly. There is significant non-public information that some folks might be privy to, which would not be something discussed in this type of forum that might or might not further inform some opinions.

As to "Billing systems do not shutdown pipelines so this pipeline hack mantra is false" - uh yeah, uh huh, if you can't allocate you don't ship. Period. You go ahead and claim otherwise, but no one in a position of authority would authorize product delivery without the ability to bill. Reasonable people may want to debate this point I suppose. Good luck with "proving" anything.

BTW: I am the son of a guy who started driving sand trucks in his 20s and ended up being a VP of a multi-national oilfield services company. I've made my career in helping customers like Colonial deal with the aftermath of these incidents, modernize their IT systems, and adopt the cloud to enhance security and service reliability. If I listed off the companies that I have worked with on these type of issues it likely includes one or more of your banks, the folks who service your mortgage, more than one place you shopped this week (online or in-person), and maybe even a web property that you contributed content to in the last 3 or 4 hours. Well, I can pretty much guarantee that last one. You are probably interacting with software that I contributed to right this minute. But go ahead, tell me how much more you know than I do about these topics.

Sigh.

So can you tell me where I said the pipeline was hacked? The IT systems were hacked which is what I said. Those IT systems included the Billing System per well-placed sources - who have spoken publicly. There is significant non-public information that some folks might be privy to, which would not be something discussed in this type of forum that might or might not further inform some opinions.

As to "Billing systems do not shutdown pipelines so this pipeline hack mantra is false" - uh yeah, uh huh, if you can't allocate you don't ship. Period. You go ahead and claim otherwise, but no one in a position of authority would authorize product delivery without the ability to bill. Reasonable people may want to debate this point I suppose. Good luck with "proving" anything.

BTW: I am the son of a guy who started driving sand trucks in his 20s and ended up being a VP of a multi-national oilfield services company. I've made my career in helping customers like Colonial deal with the aftermath of these incidents, modernize their IT systems, and adopt the cloud to enhance security and service reliability. If I listed off the companies that I have worked with on these type of issues it likely includes one or more of your banks, the folks who service your mortgage, more than one place you shopped this week (online or in-person), and maybe even a web property that you contributed content to in the last 3 or 4 hours. Well, I can pretty much guarantee that last one. You are probably interacting with software that I contributed to right this minute. But go ahead, tell me how much more you know than I do about these topics.
I can present no plausible argument to Dave. Usually he's pitching in something glaringly stupid. Am I missing something?

2012Bearcat, AC2020, soonerinlOUisiana, Medic007?

Reactions: iasooner2000
Congrats to your dad. Started low and ended high. I like that story. How did you end up where you are today? It seems you started with a good foundation but found your way down the relevance ladder. You missed your target again. I live in NE Scottsdale, Pinnacle Peak area. My primary bank in the USA is Chase. My international bank is HSBC. I do not have a mortgage. I am not a subscriber to debt. My wife does our shopping. My contribution to web content is this. I choose to leave this web content and software crap to the thousands of people in glass towers in Portland, Seattle and other insignificant areas of our nation. Lets 's face it, we are all replaceable objects on this earth. Some of us have many more replacements that others. I would put you in that category. There are thousands of younger more intelligent IT students lined up to fill your shoes. Your sighted accolades do not impress me at all. I have no intention of telling you how much I know about your profession because your claims are insignificant to me as are your software "trophies". I never claimed to knowing software so your attempt to slide into another subject will not work. I hope you have a wonderful day/week/month/year/lifetime in front of that screen.

OK Einstein, here we go. The Colonial Pipeline delivers to storage depots & tank farms along the pipeline route or to clients with a tie-in pipeline. A very elaborate valve and metering system control distribution to clients. Bettis Emerson fail safe systems. In case you did not know it, Colonial does not own one gallon of product being transferred through the pipeline system. They only provide throughput/access. One of the refineries (in this case Royal Dutch Shell mostly) pays for access and transport of product to their end user or tank farm for onward distribution. Sometimes Shell but it could be Quick Trip or Mom & Pop Inc. The end user often buys from the tank farm into trucks. Do you think Colonial will tell Shell (a shareholder in Colonial) to piss off until they get their billing system debugged? So how does their Billing Department take such issue when meters can be read manually and product through their pipeline can be manually billed? The shutdown had nothing to do with Billing. Colonial shutdown this pipeline because of the risk and liability to lost product (that is owned by their client). It was shutdown remotely and automatically and opened manually when all valve and meter points had been verified. This billing dept storyline is being reported by people like you that knows nothing about pipeline operations. And only dipshits such as yourself read it and becomes an instant authority.

Last edited:

OK Einstein, here we go. The Colonial Pipeline delivers to storage depots & tank farms along the pipeline route or to clients with a tie-in pipeline. A very elaborate valve and metering system control distribution to clients. Bettis Emerson fail safe systems. In case you did not know it, Colonial does not own one gallon of product being transferred through the pipeline system. They only provide throughput/access. One of the refineries (in this case Royal Dutch Shell mostly) pays for access and transport of product to their end user or tank farm for onward distribution. Sometimes Shell but it could be Quick Trip or Mom & Pop Inc. The end user often buys from the tank farm into trucks. Do you think Colonial will tell Shell (a shareholder in Colonial) to piss off until they get their billing system debugged? So how does their Billing Department take such issue when meters can be read manually and product through their pipeline can be manually billed? The shutdown had nothing to do with Billing. Colonial shutdown this pipeline because of the risk and liability to lost product (that is owned by their client). It was shutdown remotely and automatically and opened manually when all valve and meter points had been verified. This billing dept storyline is being reported by people like you that knows nothing about pipeline operations. And only dipshits such as yourself read it and becomes an instant authority.
Now we are getting somewhere!

As you have mentioned, a manual process was to be instituted for metering given that numerous systems were taken down as a precaution. Any idea if that actually happened or if they were able to sufficiently recover enough of the integrations to the control systems that it was no longer necessary and they were able to ramp up fully automated again?

Now we are getting somewhere!

As you have mentioned, a manual process was to be instituted for metering given that numerous systems were taken down as a precaution. Any idea if that actually happened or if they were able to sufficiently recover enough of the integrations to the control systems that it was no longer necessary and they were able to ramp up fully automated again?
There are mechanical reset procedures that will reboot the automated flow valves that is separate but the same as the safety valves. The manual metering is effective the instant that the automated metering in compromised. Colonial shutdown all systems as a precaution to potential physical compromise of the pipeline systems. We can assume the root cause was potential sabotage and/or terrorist. Once the complete pipeline was physically checked and cleared the manual opening would have started down the line. Automated controls could physically be launched but procedures dictate otherwise. Rebooting to fully automatic would probably be last on the To Do List.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT