ADVERTISEMENT

Suicide Squad

Let us know his thoughts
Loved it. Thought Harley was hilarious. Actually loved Leto's portrayal of the Joker. Thinks there should be a Harley solo before SS sequel. His favorite scene featured Deadshot (his second favorite character in he movie). He liked BvS but liked this way more because of the pacing....thought this moved along much better.

I really liked it. I watch all of the superhero movies outside of the comics (too lazy to tead them), so I come into these with little expectations. Thatnsaid, hated MOS, have not seen BvS, but because of SS, I will watch it. I tend to prefer marvel movies, and DC series.

I agree with whoever said it earlier, the Leto Joker didn't do it for me. Everybody else was fantastic, even Will Smith.

Deadpool is not only the best superhero movie of all time, it's one of the best movies of all time from an entertainment perspective.

Deadpool is not only the best superhero movie of all time, it's one of the best movies of all time from an entertainment perspective.
I thought Deadpool was great, but wouldn't be listed as my favorite. That's the great thing with these recent superhero movies. Everyone I talk to has a different one; GotG, Dark Knight, Civil War, Winter Soldier, etc.

Saw it last night. My review is one word..."meh".

It wasn't terrible, but was not great either. The previews ruined all of Harley's best scenes (but damn...that Margot Robbie is hot). I felt like the writing was mediocre and the movie seemed fragmented. I know that they cut it up and added a lot of scenes at the last minute. The original version must have been really bad.

There were only a couple of characters that I cared about (Harley and Deadshot), and the rest felt like filler. I liked Waller until she executed a bunch of innocent people. There are ways to make her a cold hearted bitch without making her a murderer of innocents.

All in all, a fun ride...but one I could have waited for until it showed up on HBO/Showtime.

Saw it last night. My review is one word..."meh".

It wasn't terrible, but was not great either. The previews ruined all of Harley's best scenes (but damn...that Margot Robbie is hot). I felt like the writing was mediocre and the movie seemed fragmented. I know that they cut it up and added a lot of scenes at the last minute. The original version must have been really bad.

There were only a couple of characters that I cared about (Harley and Deadshot), and the rest felt like filler. I liked Waller until she executed a bunch of innocent people. There are ways to make her a cold hearted bitch without making her a murderer of innocents.

All in all, a fun ride...but one I could have waited for until it showed up on HBO/Showtime.
only real gripe I had was with a few of the characters... I could've done without the Croc and Aussie, but that's just me.

In no particular order:

Civil War
GOTG
Deadpool
Days of Future Past
Avengers I

Next 5 (no particular order)

Iron Man
Captain America
Ant Man
X-men First Class
X-men
Loved Civil War, too. Never seen any of the X-Men series. I guess I need to do so.

Loved Civil War, too. Never seen any of the X-Men series. I guess I need to do so.

The first X-men was really the first strong Marvel movie, IMO. It might not seem as strong today, when compared to more modern team movies like Avengers I and GOTG. But, the story is well written and makes sense. The action scenes are well done. The acting/casting is strong, IMO.

X-2 was also good, but not quite as strong as the first one. Nightcrawler was introduced in that one and his scenes are fantastic.

X-3 was not good overall, but still stronger than a lot of super hero movies. They screwed up some aspects of the continuity and were forced to use Days of FP to fix their mistakes.

First Class was a strong bounce back movie. They did a great job of tying it in to real world historical events. They introduced a ton of new characters, as well as younger versions of some of the characters in the first 3 movies. Well written story.

DOFP is the best X-men movie, IMO. I was always a huge fan of the 2 issues of X-men that covered the story in the comics. The movie was quite a bit different, but just as good. IMO, the fighting scenes are the best of any super hero movie except for maybe the airport scene in Civil War. As I said, they used this movie to fix the problems they introduced in X-3, and it was really cool to see some of the actors from the first 3 movies again. Once again, they did a great job of tying the movie into real world historical events (the guy who played Richard Nixon did a great job).

Apocalypse is OK. Overall I liked it, but it wasn't quite as good as the 2 previous X movies. Of course, they showed us a young version of Nightcrawler, and he is my favorite, so that gives this movie some brownie points in my book. The villain was a bit boring, IMO, but the story was well written and made sense to me.

i'm not into the comic book genre, but if anybody wants a head start on an incredible movie she's producing and starring it, there's a book called Bad Monkeys by one of my favorite writers, Matt Ruff. He's a wildly creative writer and she's making that crazy book into a movie.... it's gonna be awesome. http://www.bymattruff.com/2016/07/21/margot-robbie-to-star-in-adaptation-of-bad-monkeys/ The book is one of my favorites.

@syskatine
So, I read this post, and was in need of a new book to read. I went to download it and checked the reviews on Barnes and Noble.com. They reviews were good, but a few of them noted that Bad Monkeys isn't as good as one of Matt Ruff's other books: Set This House in Order. So, I downloaded that book and started reading it. It is fantastic (so far). What a unique concept for a book and very well written. I assume you have read it. How does it compare to Bad Monkeys in your opinion?

linking @Marshal Jim Duncan because I know he is always looking for a good book to read.

@syskatine
So, I read this post, and was in need of a new book to read. I went to download it and checked the reviews on Barnes and Noble.com. They reviews were good, but a few of them noted that Bad Monkeys isn't as good as one of Matt Ruff's other books: Set This House in Order. So, I downloaded that book and started reading it. It is fantastic (so far). What a unique concept for a book and very well written. I assume you have read it. How does it compare to Bad Monkeys in your opinion?

linking @Marshal Jim Duncan because I know he is always looking for a good book to read.

Isn't he an amazing writer?? I always get an autographed first edition when one of his books come out -- you can order it from his bookstore in Seattle and get one that way. I can't figure out why he's not a huge deal, he's that good. Maybe the Bad Monkeys movie will finally put him over the top.

Man I just don't know which is better -- Monkeys is a faster read as I recall with maybe more of a sci-fi (if you can call it that) plot. I don't wanna spoil anything.....Both are really good, and if you like one you'll probably like the other. I may have preferred Monkeys, but a literary nerd/friend of mine preferred Set this House, which is obviously also really, really good. I'd put Mirage maybe below those two (I loved it -- critics didn't so much...) with Fool on the Hill maybe just below Mirage. Only one of his books I really didn't like - Sewer, Gas and Electric, and that may have been his first, when he was still figuring it all out.

If you like House, you'll like Bad Monkeys.

Reactions: Been Jammin
X-3 was not good overall, but still stronger than a lot of super hero movies. They screwed up some aspects of the continuity and were forced to use Days of FP to fix their mistakes.

In my opinion, this movie is comparable to Superman: The Quest for Peace, the Schumacher Batman Movies and Spiderman 3. I don't get how you can say it's stronger than a lot of super hero movies. It's a very bad movie.

Reactions: AC_Exotic
In my opinion, this movie is comparable to Superman: The Quest for Peace, the Schumacher Batman Movies and Spiderman 3. I don't get how you can say it's stronger than a lot of super hero movies. It's a very bad movie.

Well, I would put it above the Batman Movies as they are just so goofy and slapstick. That just doesn't appeal to me. I would also put it ahead of any Fantastic Four movie, Ghost Rider, Daredevil (Affleck), many Spider-Man movies, Green Lantern, The Phantom, All Hulk Movies, Electra, and X-men Origins: Wolverine.

I agree that X-3 was a very bad movie overall, but I would rather watch it than any of the movies I listed above.

Well, I would put it above the Batman Movies as they are just so goofy and slapstick. That just doesn't appeal to me. I would also put it ahead of any Fantastic Four movie, Ghost Rider, Daredevil (Affleck), many Spider-Man movies, Green Lantern, The Phantom, All Hulk Movies, Electra, and X-men Origins: Wolverine.

I agree that X-3 was a very bad movie overall, but I would rather watch it than any of the movies I listed above.

Give me Wolverine, Green Lantern and the first two Fantastic Four movies over X-3 any day of the week. Heck, I'd watch the last FF movie before X-3.

I've only seen 5 minutes of Daredevil and that was enough for me. I never watched Ghost Rider or Electra, and I never will. I did see the first Hulk movie and thought it was horrible.

Give me Wolverine, Green Lantern and the first two Fantastic Four movies over X-3 any day of the week. Heck, I'd watch the last FF movie before X-3.

I've only seen 5 minutes of Daredevil and that was enough for me. I never watched Ghost Rider or Electra, and I never will. I did see the first Hulk movie and thought it was horrible.
I get the DD movie hate, but I don't even care since they more than redeemed themselves on Netflix.

The Netflix Marvel shows are great. I wish those characters would show up in the movies or in a crossover on Shield.
Disagree. They are horribly outmatched by the Avengers. I think keeping them separate to fight different problems keeps the raw tone of the series in tact.

Shield needs a reset button. I think they are going to put all of their eggs in the Ghost Rider (car version) basket next season and see if it rides. I can see it being cancelled if it doesn't boost the show.

only real gripe I had was with a few of the characters... I could've done without the Croc and Aussie, but that's just me.
Supposedly Croc had a much bigger role before it was edited down. Just like with BvS, I can't wait to see the longer version that is most likely rated R.

With that being said I really enjoyed this version. I thought Will Smith was excellent and felt like a movie star again. I thought Robbie and Leto stole the show with the Harley and Joker storyline. Leto's Joker was great and uniquely his. I think each actor who has taken on the joker has had a unique take and each take can be appreciated. Leto's is definitely the creepiest but I enjoyed it.

Reactions: AC_Exotic
Supposedly Croc had a much bigger role before it was edited down. Just like with BvS, I can't wait to see the longer version that is most likely rated R.

With that being said I really enjoyed this version. I thought Will Smith was excellent and felt like a movie star again. I thought Robbie and Leto stole the show with the Harley and Joker storyline. Leto's Joker was great and uniquely his. I think each actor who has taken on the joker has had a unique take and each take can be appreciated. Leto's is definitely the creepiest but I enjoyed it.
I hope WB moves forward with the Harley solo film. If the Batfleck solo isn't ready for the open 2018 slot, I hope that is used for Harley.

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Harl...off-Movie-With-An-Important-Twist-131197.html

Can I take an 11 year old to it?

Only thing that I could see being an issue is multiple times when a character was called a "pussy". Other than that, and some creatures/people getting killed violently (no blood that I remember), it was pretty tame.

Does a guy have to be a comic/super hero follower to enjoy this one?

Everyone I know that has seen it said it was a good time. I guess everyone I know has different tast than the rotten tomatoes group

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT