ADVERTISEMENT

So.....

Supposed to figure that out before the order is given

I think this is supposed to indicate just how close we are to retaliating vs. plain rhetoric. Not a fan of the response personally, but that was how I interpreted it. Simple "You'll be sorry" threats that were used after the tanker incidents clearly weren't effective enough.

A decision to strike should not be made without having all the info. It is unacceptable... period.... it is very dangerous work generating aircraft and weapon systems for a strike package..... it should not be done in a whim, we had a name for this kind of maneuver.....it’s called a cluster f* ck

I thought it was a "gesture" for one last chance to sit down at the table and talk. The rest is just bluster, especially mentioning it was potentially some rogue dumbass that fired the missile and not the upper echelon decision makers that made the decision. They think their economy is hosed up now and the rulers aren't popular, take out some of their power grid in the months of July and August, that will really stir the pot.

UK how do you know there was even really a planned attack, given that Trump has lied like 10,000,000 time since running for office and becoming president. This would make it 10,000,001.

Reactions: CowboyTanker
Why does anyone think Iran would trust us in any shape or form. They had an agreement with us, they kept to the agreement and we broke it. It took a lot to convince their leadership too trust us and sign it in the first place.... they will never trust us again, especially now since they have the Russians squarely on their side..... we have painted ourselves into a corner and have very few options

Why does anyone think Iran would trust us in any shape or form. They had an agreement with us, they kept to the agreement and we broke it. It took a lot to convince their leadership too trust us and sign it in the first place.... they will never trust us again, especially now since they have the Russians squarely on their side..... we have painted ourselves into a corner and have very few options

Please link the article where they kept the agreement and we broke our end.

They have created havoc in that area of the world for at least 50 years, killed American soldiers and assisted in the assassination of foreign leaders and we should worry about them trusting the US, seriously? What agreement have they ever signed that they adhered to?

Guess Obama should have worked with Congress and signed an ACTUAL treaty and not some secret backroom deal so it could be enforced and hold sway across multiple administrations. When you circumvent the rules, you run the risk of your progress being undone.

The IC said they had not broken it, the other countries who were part of the agreement said they had not violated it, and yes, they are a bad actor, the agreement should have been ratified by Congress, and it was not an ideal agreement agreement n the first place..... but.... when the USA gives its word by signing an agreement, we have to keep our word . Trump wants to renegotiate it....they have zero reason to trust us ....... BTW .... Saudi Arabia is just as bad, if not worse than Iran, but we turn a blind eye towards them

Reactions: Pokeabear
The IC said they had not broken it, the other countries who were part of the agreement said they had not violated it, and yes, they are a bad actor, the agreement should have been ratified by Congress, and it was not an ideal agreement agreement n the first place..... but.... when the USA gives its word by signing an agreement, we have to keep our word . Trump wants to renegotiate it....they have zero reason to trust us ....... BTW .... Saudi Arabia is just as bad, if not worse than Iran, but we turn a blind eye towards them
The Saudis deserve a comeuppance.

This would be a great point if Iran and the US hadn’t been lying and spying and lying some more for decades to each other. How dare you paint those terrorists as little lambs who inched their way to the negotiating table scared and suspicious of the big bad wolf United States. Totally ridiculous.

This would be a great point if Iran and the US hadn’t been lying and spying and lying some more for decades to each other. How dare you paint those terrorists as little lambs who inched their way to the negotiating table scared and suspicious of the big bad wolf United States. Totally ridiculous.
The US several other countries and Iran negotiated an agreement, countries around the world trust our word, both good countries and despicable countries like Iran..... we can not negotiate with anyone if they don’t trust our word

The US several other countries and Iran negotiated an agreement, countries around the world trust our word, both good countries and despicable countries like Iran..... we can not negotiate with anyone if they don’t trust our word

Colonel Ghadaffi thinks you are being extremely naive.

Did saddam Hussein get mixed signals from different administrations? What about Israel? Our government is fluid. Their are cons to that. Like was said above, ratify the deal.

Did Obama promise them that this deal would last through different administrations? That would have been a lie. Did he promise them that there was no way hillary would lose? That wouldn’t have been a lie because it’s obvious he believed that.

Our government is fluid , but not when we negotiate and sign a multi national agreement.... o am in no way saying it was a good agreement, my point is........ the officials negotiating the deal on Iran’s side went too great lengths to convince their leaders that they could trust us. Why would they trust us at all in the future? They are now economically and militarily supported by Russia, they are not afraid of us one bit

Our government is fluid , but not when we negotiate and sign a multi national agreement.... o am in no way saying it was a good agreement, my point is........ the officials negotiating the deal on Iran’s side went too great lengths to convince their leaders that they could trust us. Why would they trust us at all in the future? They are now economically and militarily supported by Russia, they are not afraid of us one bit

Do you think they were mislead into thinking this was not a possibility with a new administration? Were they coached on our ratification process?

Is this like predatory lending?

By looking at their current economy I think if it was me I would be looking for a new person to economically support me.

By looking at their current economy I think if it was me I would be looking for a new person to economically support me.
Russia now has a strategic foothold in both Syria and Iran...... they have been trying for decades to achieve that, they will not allow them to fail..... not to mention Venezuela, they are now firmly established and will make sure the government stays in power.....we have abandoned them

The USA did not give its word. One man who lied to the American public about the deal gave his word.
It was a multi national agreement that took years to negotiate, much more than one person..... it took one person to destroy it, and the Paris agreement.......

Russia now has a strategic foothold in both Syria and Iran...... they have been trying for decades to achieve that, they will not allow them to fail..... not to mention Venezuela, they are now firmly established and will make sure the government stays in power.....we have abandoned them

I’m not an expert but it seems Russia has been cozy with Syria and Iran for a long time. What’s been so significant since trump was elected?

That does suck about losing Venezuela. We had such a good relationship with them during Obama. They called us the great satan of course but remind me again what’s changed since trump?

A decision to strike should not be made without having all the info. It is unacceptable... period.... it is very dangerous work generating aircraft and weapon systems for a strike package..... it should not be done in a whim, we had a name for this kind of maneuver.....it’s called a cluster f* ck
I guess Trump should of done it Obama style. "We will attack on Thursday at 3pm here is a target list. Hope you still like me. Signed, Barack."

It was a multi national agreement that took years to negotiate, much more than one person..... it took one person to destroy it, and the Paris agreement.......
One person couldn't have destroyed it if it had been ratified by Congress. So yes, essentially one person from the US signed it. It's well known why it wasn't taken to Congress.

And sorry, the Paris Agreement was a complete joke.

If it was a good agreement, then Obama should have had no problem selling it. If the Repubs in Congress fought it, then market the shit out of the proposal and make the Repubs look bad. Instead, it was negotiated in secret with some of the clauses (such as the C130 full of cash) not even in the finalized document, knowing that his own party couldn't have actually supported the deal. In the end, Iran made an agreement with John Kerry and Barack Obama, not with the United States of America, so I feel no shame or loss of status for the US in not upholding that deal. BTW, I'd feel the same way if the next president changes course on North Korea or anywhere else. The Constitution is very clear about what it takes for the UNITED STATES to sign an agreement, and its not just the handshake of the president or secretary of state.

If it was a good agreement, then Obama should have had no problem selling it. If the Repubs in Congress fought it, then market the shit out of the proposal and make the Repubs look bad. Instead, it was negotiated in secret with some of the clauses (such as the C130 full of cash) not even in the finalized document, knowing that his own party couldn't have actually supported the deal. In the end, Iran made an agreement with John Kerry and Barack Obama, not with the United States of America, so I feel no shame or loss of status for the US in not upholding that deal. BTW, I'd feel the same way if the next president changes course on North Korea or anywhere else. The Constitution is very clear about what it takes for the UNITED STATES to sign an agreement, and its not just the handshake of the president or secretary of state.
He'srightyouknow.gif

Gets it.

The USA did not give its word. One man who lied to the American public about the deal gave his word.

Two term, democratically elected president with solid majorities both times. Or a guy that's never had the majority of the country, blew up peace, and now has stepped on his dick on an international stage.

Everyone recognizes his amateur hour shenanigan for what it was. He has no balls. Talk talk talk.

remind me again what’s changed since trump?

Well, we were at peace with Iran and now they're blowing up tankers, shooting down our shit and Biff is dithering and I'll shoot, better not, no really let's, oh no better not.... while planes are in the air.

I guess Trump should of done it Obama style. "We will attack on Thursday at 3pm here is a target list. Hope you still like me. Signed, Barack."

Just... perfectly dismantled that lie, too.

Biff also called Russia before he launched FIFTY SEVEN MISSILES.... at a runway and they were flying planes out that very day.

Looks like the right wing media has given them all the talking points on this deal. Now it doesn't matter because it was Obama.

Biff is showing us how to handle Iran. Going pretty well. He'll get people killed - just watch.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT