ADVERTISEMENT

So is anybody hearing anything on changes

Sebastian

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Been hearing some rumors changes are being made including with John, but it’s second hand. Includes who our new coach would be. Also some stuff about possible transfers and one guy already out (Thompson).

Last edited:
There is a lot of rumors out there but I think it’s all rumors at this point on John. Thompson is a idiot so he most likely won’t make it to campus

Been hearing some rumors changes are being made including with John, but it’s second hand. Includes who our new coach would be. Also some stuff about possible transfers and one guy already out (Thompson).
Well you go first…

There is a lot of rumors out there but I think it’s all rumors at this point on John. Thompson is a idiot so he most likely won’t make it to campus
That’s unfortunate if true. Kid is really good. I thought he was someone who could come in and make an immediate impact in the lineup. Wish this stuff would stop happening.

Usually I know the original source but this time I don’t so I’m a bit leery. But they say John is out (not sure if kept in-house in some other capacity). I’ve heard Thompson is already a done deal gone. Other possible transfers in the thinking about it/rumor stage.

Usually I know the original source but this time I don’t so I’m a bit leery. But they say John is out (not sure if kept in-house in some other capacity). I’ve heard Thompson is already a done deal gone. Other possible transfers in the thinking about it/rumor stage.
So are you saying more kids are transferring in or leaving? I'm assuming they're leaving, just didn't quite understand that last sentence.

How do we always seem to specialize in wrestlers who have a few screws loose?

It has been eerily quiet so makes me think big changes are coming.

Reactions: DPJ
How do we always seem to specialize in wrestlers who have a few screws loose?

It has been eerily quiet so makes me think big changes are coming.
I was thinking the same thing. John should have had some sort of media day by now and it's been crickets.

If he is gone I don’t think it was his choice.Assuming he was telling the truth in the last interview in Tulsa.

If Thompson is out then we should go all in to flip Payton Thomas. Kid is a beast. Heeg 174 (Picklo made it), Thomas 184 & Robb 197.

So are you saying more kids are transferring in or leaving? I'm assuming they're leaving, just didn't quite understand that last sentence.
Leaving. I‘ve heard three names that are supposedly considering transferring. That was stated as fact. A fourth is supposedly doing it but was told that was a rumor only to his knowledge. All very important pieces. Not sure how Smith or the new coach might change anything. Apparently a bunch of the kids don’t care for John’s coaching style, abrasiveness or whatever.

Last edited:
So in this scenario, would we all be happy with the new coaching hire?

Is there somebody we’d all be happy with? Besides Cael, lol. I’m hearing it’s one of the main suspects.

Is there somebody we’d all be happy with? Besides Cael, lol. I’m hearing it’s one of the main suspects.
So Pop, Coleman, or Pendleton? I was hoping they'd make a run at Casey Cunningham

Or Branch….It is an OSU guy. I’m curious who most would prefer. We’ll see if it happens. I’m not sure which one was my preference.

Leaving. I‘ve heard three names that are supposedly considering transferring. That was stated as fact. A fourth is supposedly doing it but was told that was a rumor only to his knowledge. All very important pieces. Not sure how Smith or the new coach might change anything. Apparently a bunch of the kids don’t care for John’s coaching style, abrasiveness or whatever.
Us old guys will likely never see 35. This all sounds like bad news and how many more years are we going to finish around 20 in the Nation. We did not have great talent but now we will have less. The 2023 great class has already had a big loss. I hope that I am impressed with the new Coach and coaches. Coach Smith as I said before earned this but a bad ending to his career. I bet he will always wish that he had retired after 2006.

• Sad
Reactions: cachap5327
Cunningham or young big name guy. Go figure we would stay in the OSU coaching tree.

Reactions: DPJ
I was joking about Branch. I’d be upset if it was him. Who would you prefer of the other 3, and why? I think that’s a very interesting conversation.

I was joking about Branch. I’d be upset if it was him. Who would you prefer of the other 3, and why? I think that’s a very interesting conversation.
Probably Pendleton, he's young and has done a great job at Oregon st.

Probably Pendleton, he's young and has done a great job at Oregon st.
I checked 23 and 24 recruiting classes and Oregon State nor North Carolina are much at recruiting, North Carolina State recruits in the top 10. Truth is I'm not excited about any of these mentioned candidates. Pat Pop could be the best but I don't believe any of these candidates can get us to 35 but Maybe they would do a lot better recruiting in Stillwater.

The word is Coleman. Some wrestlers are fed up with John. There was almost a full uprising last year if Ferrari’s hadn’t been kicked out.

Thompson supposedly gone. Rumor is Fix to PSU, but it’s just a rumor or supposition. There was a death today that somewhat relates to the party culture. Hopefully it wakes some people up.

I don’t think Coleman can fix this shit show. He’s last out of the three OSU coaches for me. Pop would be the first and only choice if you are picking from the OSU tree otherwise Cunningham. I don’t see Fix leaving, if he does and wins a title somehow then we’re done convincing kids to come here. I can see the likes of Voinovich, Williams and maybe Wittlake being out due to not responding to Old Coach Smith 1980’s style.

Last edited:
I think it’s a done deal with CS. I saw a post on social media from Tony Ramos a couple days ago where he was thanking Coleman for hiring him in 2016. Thought that was odd, but makes sense now.

When they brought Gary Wayne Harding in I was wondering if that was a sign that Coleman was coming.

At this point John is still the coach for OSU but there is a push for change but John has loyalist also so who the hell knows what will happen .

The word is Coleman. Some wrestlers are fed up with John. There was almost a full uprising last year if Ferrari’s hadn’t been kicked out.

Thompson supposedly gone. Rumor is Fix to PSU, but it’s just a rumor or supposition. There was a death today that somewhat relates to the party culture. Hopefully it wakes some people up.

Fix to PSU doesn’t make much sense from a FS perspective as Gilman is with the NLWC.

Scott is one of the more highly regarded young HC’s. He also has strong FS credentials and RTC experience both of which are a need. He would be a strong candadote for any big wrestling openings including ours (if there was one).

Saying all this… I don’t think any of this is happening.

John said he will be back in the interview from Tulsa and I don’t see our AD forcing him to leave.

Looks like he makes around 500k per year.How does that compare with other top wrestling schools?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT