ADVERTISEMENT

Session VI Results

Suriano didn’t shoot either he just pushed. You guys must be Iowa fans.

It drives me up the wall. Suriano just pushed. It’s not like he was shooting legit shots left and right.

It is like people want college wrestling to be sumo.

Absolutely some bad calls. No question.

But Daton did absolutely nothing the entire match but back up. Not one shot until the second OT.

It’s on Daton way more than the refs.

Enjoy your dom demas AA and go one somewhere. Considering your wrestling program is a dumpster fire and is near the bottom of the totem pole in mens sports, you really shouldn't be talking.

Both Derek and Daton wrestled timid. I know their opponents are very good, but it’s 90% mental at this stage and it seemed like our opponents were more mentally prepared and ready to wrestle with confidence. In Fix’s case, never leave it up to the refs.
Suriano was much more mentally prepared? Then why was he 9 seconds away from losing until an absolutely BS stalemate call bailed him out?

I’m pissed too. Daton most likely would have finished that double leg if he had committed to it. I’m just saying you can’t wrestle a match so close that you’re hoping for a hands to the face or grabbing the headgear call to win in double ot. If the match is that close, the officials will likely play a role in the outcome.

Reactions: BrettOSU17
And the head gear was obviously grabbed. You can’t let the same refs do video review. Daton didn’t do enough offensively, but he did what he needed to do to get his hand raised.

Suriano is a dick

Lot of crying here. Maybe if your coaches did more than bitch at the refs all match and teach your kids to shoot once a match you may have a chance. Anyway enjoy your two losses

Reactions: liljordan082006
I’m pissed too. Daton most likely would have finished that double leg if he had committed to it. I’m just saying you can’t wrestle a match so close that you’re hoping for a hands to the face or grabbing the headgear call to win in double ot. If the match is that close, the officials will likely play a role in the outcome.

I don’t think Fix was hoping to win on a headgear pull. Fix was trying to win on a ride and the refs wouldn’t let him.

Reactions: Tarem
Head gear aside stalemate a catastrophe. He rides guys entire periods with hooks in

Lot of crying here. Maybe if your coaches did more than bitch at the refs all match and teach your kids to shoot once a match you may have a chance. Anyway enjoy your two losses

My god Suriano pushed and that was it. Is this college wrestling or sumo?

Reactions: Tarem
Enjoy your dom demas AA and go one somewhere. Considering your wrestling program is a dumpster fire and is near the bottom of the totem pole in mens sports, you really shouldn't be talking.
Soooooo......you can’t refute what I say, so you go to team bashing. Got it.

For the record, I’m an OSU grad. I’m just also an OU grad.

And none of that matters. Daton made arguably two shots, and backed up the whole match. The refs were horrible, Suriano did nothing but push, but Daton did nothing to win that match.

Reactions: SAWolverine

And none of that matters. Daton made arguably two shots, and backed up the whole match. The refs were horrible, Suriano did nothing but push, but Daton did nothing to win that match.

No we are refuting what you are saying. You said Daton didn’t take a shot until the second OT. Flat out wrong and not true.

Absolutely some bad calls. No question.

But Daton did absolutely nothing the entire match but back up. Not one shot until the second OT.

It’s on Daton way more than the refs.

Suriano didn’t shoot either he just pushed. You guys must be an Iowa fan too.

And newsflash, no one gives a shit about a Sooner’s opinion.
Completely agree with you. Fix could have been more aggressive but he did take a couple of shots. I can’t remember suriano really doing anything but push. The stalemate call was premature and pisses me off a hell of a lot more than the headgear decision.

[
Completely agree with you. Fix could have been more aggressive but he did take a couple of shots. I can’t remember suriano really doing anything but push. The stalemate call was premature and pisses me off a hell of a lot more than the headgear decision.
Spot on.

Enjoy your zero national championships. Your boy goes home second if not for that ridiculous stalemate. Your boy really lit it up offensively too ... not.

Go back to the children’s table.

Reactions: Air_Thurman

so you think that was a stalemate in an OT ride?

riiiight dude

chris perry won a title with that ride

Reactions: giddyup

Both fix and white just sat back the whole match. Fix was the biggest disappointment. Don’t leave a match I got refs hands, take some shots and make your own points. Can’t just sit there and wait

Like I said, take your demas AA and go back to the sooner board...Wait...they don't even acknowledge wrestling as a sport. Suriano control the center of the mat, which is a fact, and yes it was a poorly officiated match. At the end of the day, you never leave it the refs hands. Unfortunately, daton was going to ride his ass out until a phantom stalemate was called with 9 seconds left in the match. Was it pretty...absolutely not but Daton was en route to winning an ugly match, if you want to have selective amnesia, that's your right to have.

Last edited:

I don’t think Fix was hoping to win on a headgear pull. Fix was trying to win on a ride and the refs wouldn’t let him.

I know that’s not what Fix was hoping for (I’m talking more about the coaches/fans here). Yes, the stalemate call was compete BS, but Fix only needed to ride him for 9 seconds to win the title. I really thought he was going to do it.

If Fix goes out there and lets it fly from the beginning, maybe the outcome is the same but at least he wouldn’t have left it up to the refs.

Last edited:
I know that’s not what Fix was hoping for (I’m talking more about the coaches here). Yes, the stalemate call was compete BS, but Fix only needed to ride him for 9 seconds to win the title. I really thought he was going to do it.

If Fix goes out there and let’s it fly from the beginning, maybe the outcome is the same but at least he wouldn’t have left it up to the refs.

If you got out there and let it fly against Suariono you are getting majored and quick. I wish Fix showed more offense but neither guy can take each other down.

The assistant ref was Danny Blackshear who lives in OKC, between the hands to the face and the headgear I have to think that if Daton had shorter hair they would both be more clear.

Reactions: Wrassler17
I’m going to address this again. I wish Daton would have done more. But he’s likely the smallest 33 in the field and was wrestling to a plan. He did exactly what he had to do and the ref called stalemate.

Oh and you tell me how the refs missed this.

No we are refuting what you are saying. You said Daton didn’t take a shot until the second OT. Flat out wrong and not true.
He made one shot, at the beginning of the third period. I stand corrected.

If you think that means Daton was aggressive enough to be the winner, we disagree.

I’ll bet if we ask Daton, he’ll say he didn’t do enough. One double leg attemp, and one head steal in the 2nd OT won’t get it done. Yes, Suriano didn’t do much more than push. Yes, the refs made several horrible calls. But Daton backed up and wrestled on the edge of the mat the entire time.

He pulled his headgear, Daton stopped wrestling to let the refs know he got his headgear pulled and got taken down.

Both calls were terrible, but I still didn't like the way he wrestled the match.

He made one shot, at the beginning of the third period. I stand corrected.

If you think that means Daton was aggressive enough to be the winner, we disagree.

I’ll bet if we ask Daton, he’ll say he didn’t do enough. One double leg attemp, and one head steal in the 2nd OT won’t get it done. Yes, Suriano didn’t do much more than push. Yes, the refs made several horrible calls. But Daton backed up and wrestled on the edge of the mat the entire time.

Daton absolutely should have done more. I just think it’s a dumb argument because Suariano didn’t do anymore. He took one shot in the first period. Stall rode for 15 seconds in the sudden victory and scored off a Daton shot where he pulled his head gear.

If Suariano was out there shooting left and right I would say tough crap Daton.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT