ADVERTISEMENT

saudis

Rdcldad

Heisman Winner
Oct 13, 2015
what does trump do with this sloppy ass hit?

media has tied it to arms sales

saudi prince gonna have to guillatine his “rogue” death squad inshallah

The thing I’m trying to get a handle on is what is Erdogan’s ultimate goal re: US and SA in his play of making such a big deal about this?

Leverage in Syria and with the Kurds?

Something else? Maybe even legitimate righteous anger at the murder of a Saudi citizen on Saudi sovereign territory (in Turkey sure, but embassy is sovereign to owning country)?

I just do not see an advantage toErdogan and Turkey in throwing a huge monkey wrench in US/Saudi relations.

The thing I’m trying to get a handle on is what is Erdogan’s ultimate goal re: US and SA in his play of making such a big deal about this?

Something else? Maybe even legitimate righteous anger at the murder of a Saudi citizen on Saudi sovereign territory (in Turkey sure, but embassy is sovereign to owning country)?

I just do not see an advantage toErdogan and Turkey in throwing a huge monkey wrench in US/Saudi relations.
This is personal for Erdogan, he and Jamal were friends. It’s a small world but Koshoggis cousin was Dodi al Fayed. His uncle was a international arms dealer. Trump bought a yacht from him. All that’s to say, these were interesting people who were very well connected outside Saudi. Erdogan is both enraged at a personal friends murder on his national soil and is smart enough to squeeze every drop of Jamal’s blood for the good of Turkey, as he sees it. I think this is Erdogans way of trying to reset the seat of power in Saudi.

erdogan is on a sphere of influence kick while consolidating power at home

killling a us/saudi arms deal most certainly would be adequate motive for the turks

i spoke with a missionary last week who spent ten years in turkey, spring was al queda time as they migrated from winter in bosnia and europe back to their wars in the ME while
the turks just looked the other way

This is personal for Erdogan, he and Jamal were friends. It’s a small world but Koshoggis cousin was Dodi al Fayed. His uncle was a international arms dealer. Trump bought a yacht from him. All that’s to say, these were interesting people who were very well connected outside Saudi. Erdogan is both enraged at a personal friends murder on his national soil and is smart enough to squeeze every drop of Jamal’s blood for the good of Turkey, as he sees it. I think this is Erdogans way of trying to reset the seat of power in Saudi.
:)

There are several possibilities, but two come to mind:

"Zymurgy's Law of Evolving Systems Dynamics" - Once you open a can of worms, the only way to recan them is to use a larger can, and...

"Jaffe's Precept" - There are some things which are impossible to know -- but it is impossible to know these things.

Creek County version: doubt we'll ever get the true story w/o "film at eleven".

There are several possibilities, but two come to mind:

"Zymurgy's Law of Evolving Systems Dynamics" - Once you open a can of worms, the only way to recan them is to use a larger can, and...

"Jaffe's Precept" - There are some things which are impossible to know -- but it is impossible to know these things.

Creek County version: doubt we'll ever get the true story w/o "film at eleven".

Known knowns-Things you know you know.

Known unknowns-Things you know you don’t know.

Unknown unknowns-Things you don’t know you don’t know.

Unknown knowns-Thinks you don’t know you know.

Could also be that as Erdogan tries to consolidate more power and less secularism in Turkey, he doesn't want to see a Saudi ruler getting less secular and this is a golden opportunity to push the envelope by tying cooperation with the US to a united front against Saudi. He also has some "Ottoman Empire Nostalgia" in him.

Most professionals in Turkey absolutely hate Erdogan! They see him as leading Turkey down a very sad path something which a few of my clients there openly discuss with me.

we should have made bets on the saudis official position

appears to have been a fight that escalated into removed fingers and severed head

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT