ADVERTISEMENT

Rings of Power

Thoroughly enjoying it. I like the story line so far....Still trying to figure out who the 'hobbit' wizard dude is...I assume the OG Gandalf who doesn't know who he is or where he is quite yet?

It's slow developing but I do like how Duran Folk have already been introduced, the Hobbits (I assume?), and Elves....Been a LONG time since I've had multiple shows I'm waiting to watch (GOT and Spartacus....7-8 years ago?)

Thoroughly enjoying it. I like the story line so far....Still trying to figure out who the 'hobbit' wizard dude is...I assume the OG Gandalf who doesn't know who he is or where he is quite yet?

It's slow developing but I do like how Duran Folk have already been introduced, the Hobbits (I assume?), and Elves....Been a LONG time since I've had multiple shows I'm waiting to watch (GOT and Spartacus....7-8 years ago?)

I thought it was pretty obvious that it is Gandalf (but he is not yet aware of what he is or why he is there). Basically, the toddler version of Gandalf.

I think it is a solid show so far. I will keep watching for now.

I thought it was pretty obvious that it is Gandalf (but he is not yet aware of what he is or why he is there). Basically, the toddler version of Gandalf.

I think it is a solid show so far. I will keep watching for now.
Yeah, it felt obvious but since he's always been terms "Gandalf the Grey" or "Gandolf the White" and he's an unworldly wizard with no age limit, I didn't want to jump to conclusions....

Reactions: Been Jammin
Has to be either Saruman or Gandalf and I would go with the later considering he was friendly with the Hobbits.

I kind od thought it could be Tom Bombadil.
Hmmn. Interesting theory. I hadn't thought of that possibility. But, IIRC, Gandalf, Saruman, etc were formed from starlight. So, I assumed it was Gandalf. I suppose we shall find out.

Shocked nobody is talking about this one more...

ROP is awesome so far. I wish they would develop the Harfoots a little quicker and Gandalf (assuming that's him).

Numenor agreeing to travel to Middle Earth is a big move forward. Still a little confused who the half Orc/Elf is in the grand scheme, since he's obviously not Sauron. Also, when Arondir reveals the picture on the side of the elf tower, is that suppose to be Sauron's tower that eventually becomes Mordor (Baradur?)?

Lots of questions:

Isildur do something crazy to raise his profile?
Harfoots finally make it to the Shire?
Does Gandalf start being Gandalf?
Does the Queen Regent Miriel play any real role?
Who is Halbrand REALLY? Seems like an exiled man but what's his story?
Are the elves trying to trick the dwarves into mining Mithril and uncover the Balrog?

Side Note: I did notice some of the cast is on the Spartacus series, kinda cool.

Still a little confused who the half Orc/Elf is in the grand scheme, since he's obviously not Sauron.
Don't know. But, a tidbit you may not know. Same actor played Benjen Stark in GOT.
I suspect that he and the elf king are working together toward some common goal. Don't know why, but I think the elf king is lying to Elrond (and everyone else) and manipulating all of the elves.
Also, when Arondir reveals the picture on the side of the elf tower, is that suppose to be Sauron's tower that eventually becomes Mordor (Baradur?)?
I don't think so, but I could be wrong.

Isildur do something crazy to raise his profile?
Clearly he will.

Harfoots finally make it to the Shire?
Hope so. I'm not a fan of their scenes.
Who is Halbrand REALLY? Seems like an exiled man but what's his story?
I think they are setting him up to be a descendant of Theodan and he will become king of Rohan but swear allegiance to Isildur/Gondor
Are the elves trying to trick the dwarves into mining Mithril and uncover the Balrog?
The king of the elves is clearly trying to trick them into mining Mithril for some ulterior purpose. Good catch on the Balrog. I'm sure they will run into him down there.

Sauron can take forms. My guess is Adar could be Sauron. If the stranger is Gandolf, they’ve seriously gone off book, since he wasn’t present until much later. I’m enjoying this, but it’s been a slow burn. Hope it speeds up some now.

I heard episode 6 was really good, but haven’t gotten there yet.

It’s more interesting to me than the GOT spinoff…

I heard episode 6 was really good, but haven’t gotten there yet.

It’s more interesting to me than the GOT spinoff…
I thought it was a good push forward, times are kinda weird but you def finally see some stories move forward.

Slow start... great finish. I have a lot of questions.
excited-listening.gif

One thing I am wondering...

This season ended up being about how Sauron manipulated the elves into making three rings. I assume he did something to Galadriel's dagger, that will allow him to control them. Will the next 2 seasons show us something similar with the human and dwarven rings?

One thing I am wondering...

This season ended up being about how Sauron manipulated the elves into making three rings. I assume he did something to Galadriel's dagger, that will allow him to control them. Will the next 2 seasons show us something similar with the human and dwarven rings?
Or did he take some of ore to make his one ring to rule them all?

Or did he take some of ore to make his one ring to rule them all?
Thought it was weird, since they said only the highest quality gold/silver would bond with the mithril....So did Halbrand take something else? Did they make the ring and he dipped out quickly? Little fuzzy there..

Also, never heard of anything about Rhune in previous movies, so wondering what real significance it has for this 'Gandalf' dude....What does this place entail, do for him?

I need to wrap up the season...just saw episode 6.

I think the show needs better writing (see Andor for how it's done), but I am still enjoying it despite a few issues.

I need to wrap up the season...just saw episode 6.

I think the show needs better writing (see Andor for how it's done), but I am still enjoying it despite a few issues.
Hit us up with another critique once you get through 7 and 8.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT