ADVERTISEMENT

Republicans need to write immigration reform legislation tomorrow

HighStickHarry

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
Apr 21, 2006
They should get in a room, write something on their terms and write it where Obama has to sign it. Invite no democrats to help write it and take all the credit when it's passed.

I agree Harry. The result of this election was two things, people are sick of Washington politicians, both Republican and Democrat, and extreme liberalism. Republicans need to play their cards right, come up with solutions to certain issues, not gay marriage and abortion, that can be passed and not play party politics. I hope they can get it through their thick skulls that just because they kicked doesn't mean everyone is instantly conservative. Being extreme either way kills getting anything accomplished.

It will be difficult to get anything done until jan. I was hopeful after last night until I heard his bs today. Impeach his sorry ass.

Originally posted by HighStickHarry:
They should get in a room, write something on their terms and write it where Obama has to sign it. Invite no democrats to help write it and take all the credit when it's passed.
I don't read this board often but....just out of curiosity.....what is it you'd like to see done exactly in regards to immigration? And please don't say building a fence.
This post was edited on 11/5 10:23 PM by NipponPoke

How about militarize it because ISIS has called their shot and will use mayheeko to get into our country. Right now, my ADT is better than the bullshit they have there now. Central Americans aren't the only ones coming across that border and Mexico can give a f--- less who does. Or we can wait until something happens from radical towelhead that came from that border crossing. Always the smartest thing to be reactive rather than proactive.

Originally posted by NipponPoke :
I don't read this board often but....just out of curiosity.....what is it you'd like to see done exactly in regards to immigration? And please don't say building a fence.
What's wrong with building a fence? While its not the only item that needs to be addressed, it is one item that should be done. It would never happen, but I would build a fence, I would increase the border patrol, and authorize full use of drones for border surveillance. Make rules about drones only surveying within 5 miles of the border, so the rule doesn't become another spy on citizen program. I'd legalize marijuana nationally so that ICE and the border patrol can focus more of their resources on illegal immigration and less on drug trafficking. Afterwards, I'd setup a "documented" aliens program to allow illegal aliens who are here already register, and allow them access to stay and work here. This would get them documented and paying taxes without fear of deportation. Those persons would be fed into the standard green-card then citizen process.

Justin

Hand in hand movement on securing the border and assimilation.

First part of the bill moves to secure. Once that is, say, halfway finished (or some considered amount), second phase of bill starts the assimilation process.

Exceptions for violent offenders, they get the boot.

Dictate that Mexico leadership get on board.

Overhaul legal entry to accomplish overarching goals of the U.S.

No rights to vote until they have become a citizen the old fashioned way---learning to speak English and knowing our history.

Anyone desiring entry must pass a thorough medical exam. Hire more public health service MDs if needed. Nobody gains entry while infected/infested with diseases/insects.

Profiling (racial, gang affiliation, criminal history, etc.) can be used to reject entry.

I would militarize both borders. I would put bases across from the most violent cities in Mexico. I would involve the CIA in cross border security and investigating Mexican gangs.

I would give every illegal in this country post border shutdown 12 months to register themselves. Violent Criminals would be out immediately.

Everyone else would then be subject to 3 years probation in which they would pay fines for breaking our laws. They would pay american income taxes. They would be subject to the same regulations of Obama care as in they would be forced to have insurance just like the rest of us.

They would have access to education grants and loans.

If all of this was followed and it could be proven a job was held or an education pursued they would be granted citizenship.

I would make available the same WPA programs I would to americans.

If this could not be done, they would be deported. Anyone that shows up after the 12 month period would be deported as they should be.

Illegal immigrants are a complex group. They are criminals or gang members seeking the spoils of our country. They are moms who risk everything to go into labor in our country to give their kids a chance. They are dads who come here for comparatively great wages only to ship those wages back to families they never see. They are disabled adults who seek our comprehensive safety net for their physical and mental disabilities. They are kids who were sent here for a small chance at a better life who risk death, rape, kidnappings along the journey here.

If we offer a chance for someone to prove to our government and our people that they can knuckle down and make this country a better place we are doing what is ethical and wise at the same time.

Well...I'll give ya credit, Harry, for a decent plan.....and not...'build a fence'. Good gosh.

Originally posted by NipponPoke :
Paraphrasing "I would round up as many illegals I can and have them build a wall, and when they get to the top hip check them over to the Mexican side" -Dennis Miller

I am all for this. How do we make it happen? Is there a politician that is favor of this?

Originally posted by 07pilt:

I am all for this. How do we make it happen? Is there a politician that is favor of this?
Why would you be for this, Pilt, if aggregate demand hasn't already created the jobs?

Originally posted by CBradSmith:
Why would you be for this, Pilt, if aggregate demand hasn't already created the jobs?
Why don't you quit being a coward and address my points in the actual thread instead of doing this drive-by BS?

It might surprise your little brain to learn that fiscal policy can affect aggregate demand.

Originally posted by 07pilt:

Why don't you quit being a coward and address my points in the actual thread instead of doing this drive-by BS?

It might surprise your little brain to learn that fiscal policy can affect aggregate demand.
Per your words (roughly): you know you've won when someone starts the name calling. Good job Pilt. A model for consistency.

And your second sentence does nothing to address the efficient creation of genuine aggregate demand. What you're saying is you're a fan of government being the vehicle for creating jobs where private sector demand in insufficient. Is this a long term proposal? Where do you shoehorn in mechanisms for creation of organic private sector demand? Further, how will this be paid for, new taxation, debt spending, or taking from other discretionary spending. If the latter, which programs?

So you can say my "little brain" dudn't underdant da fical pawliceee... but you're just being an angry little bitch. A lot of the populace doesn't align with your worldview of the role of governance. But now you've got the floor to tell me how wrong and stupid I am.

Per your words (roughly): you know you've won when someone starts the name calling. Good job Pilt. A model for consistency.
That is an incredibly rough translation of "I know I have won when people stop being responsive to arguments and complain about the smarm. " Tell me a again what argument I wasn't responsive to? Once again your inability to understand simple concepts is not inconsistency on my part.

And your second sentence does nothing to address the efficient creation of genuine aggregate demand. What you're saying is you're a fan of government being the vehicle for creating jobs where private sector demand in insufficient. Is this a long term proposal? Where do you shoehorn in mechanisms for creation of organic private sector demand? Further, how will this be paid for, new taxation, debt spending, or taking from other discretionary spending. If the latter, which programs?
Yes it is a long term proposal. Aggregate demand should always be equal to the productive capacity of the country both today and 100 years from now. Having an economy operating at full capacity creates "organic private sector demand." It will be paid for by "debt spending."

So you can say my "little brain" dudn't underdant da fical pawliceee... but you're just being an angry little bitch. A lot of the populace doesn't align with your worldview of the role of governance. But now you've got the floor to tell me how wrong and stupid I am.
Don't be surprised if people think you have a little brain when you can't make the simple connection between a WPA and aggregate demand.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT