ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Targets

Would love to get Howard and Burks.

Geez could you imagine that recruiting class? If we got all these guys?

Ferrari
Howard
Plott
Vasquez
Burks
Doucet

Plus the older Mastro. Burks and Dominick Serrano were just at Iowa St for a visit. Any one of Burks, Serrano or Howard would be nice. Dominic Chavez is not a top 30 guy, but he's a possibility for 125 if the others fall through.

Anyone know what's going on with Talon Borror? He just won the Fall Brawl up at 195 (Plott won at 170). Flo doesn't have him in the top 100 for the class of 2019, but they do have him at #14 at 182. Looks like he would be a solid pick up for 197.

Cade Cook out of Comanche is another kid that was on that all star team with Plott Mastrogiovanni and Doucet, anybody local know anything about him?

What are the weight needs after this last group of commitments?

Cole Mattin committed to Michigan. Projected 125. He was in for a visit the same weekend as Cam Amine. No surprise that they both ended up with family at Michigan.

Flo wrote an article where they listed the top uncommitted seniors and juniors who will be competing at Super 32 and they also listed schools they've been linked to.

We were listed as potential destinations for Braxton Amos and Julian Tagg.

Flo's post Super32 rankings are out. Some info on our commits...

Plott moves into the PFP at #10, #2 at 170
Doucet #4 at 220
Balmaceda #6 at 152
Trevor Mastro #4 at 120
Witcraft #18 at 132

Some possible Sr/Jr targets...

Luchau stays #2 at 152 (this was interesting if you follow twitter)
Manibog #9 at 145
Borror #13 at 182 (he won the Fall Brawl at 195, but Flo keeps him at 182)
Starocci #3 at 182

Ferrari #3 PFP, #1 at 195
Amos #6 PFP, #1 at 220
Julian Tagg #7 at 120 (Flo has him as a NC commit?)
Howard #5 PFP, #1 at 126
Burks #3 at 113
Serrano #6 at 126
Cedeno up to #11 at 120
Chavez #18 at 120 (won Preseason Nationals this weekend, but the 120 class is deeper than 113)

Flo's post Super32 rankings are out. Some info on our commits...

Plott moves into the PFP at #10, #2 at 170
Doucet #4 at 220
Balmaceda #6 at 152
Trevor Mastro #4 at 120
Witcraft #18 at 132

Some possible Sr/Jr targets...

Luchau stays #2 at 152 (this was interesting if you follow twitter)
Manibog #9 at 145
Borror #13 at 182 (he won the Fall Brawl at 195, but Flo keeps him at 182)
Starocci #3 at 182

Ferrari #3 PFP, #1 at 195
Amos #6 PFP, #1 at 220
Julian Tagg #7 at 120 (Flo has him as a NC commit?)
Howard #5 PFP, #1 at 126
Burks #3 at 113
Serrano #6 at 126
Cedeno up to #11 at 120
Chavez #18 at 120 (won Preseason Nationals this weekend, but the 120 class is deeper than 113)

I look on Tagg's Twitter and didn't see anything about a commitment. So I don't know.

His bother is a 2019 commit which puts UNC in great position for Julian.

Devin Winston decommitted from North Carolina. I wonder if there's any chance we go after him?

He would be a nice pickup for 197 if the coaches don't feel confident about landing either Ferrari or Amos. We certainly have the scholly $ available, probably more than any top team.

He would be a nice pickup for 197 if the coaches don't feel confident about landing either Ferrari or Amos. We certainly have the scholly $ available, probably more than any top team.

I bet he stays home.

Flo updated their senior Big Board...

Talon Borror moves in at #87

Devin Winston goes from 31 to 18
Jace Luchau goes from 32 to 41

Brevin Balmaceda goes from 12 to 17
Daniel Manibog goes from 68 to 70
Reece Witcraft falls out of the top 100

Luchau is headed to Fresno State. Not a huge loss.

Now Carter Starocci and Devin Winston are the two top 20 guys still uncommitted. I'd love if we could get one of them.

Reactions: osu2082
We could use some depth for next year at 125 and heavyweight. Besides Picc and Putnam, I'm not sure who would back up those weights (maybe Jet can hold 125 & Harris can move up?).

Flo has heavyweight Mateusz Kudra (MA) at #93 on the updated Big Board. No idea if we are connected to him, but he looks interesting - good frame, decent athleticism, just extremely raw. Think he might be an intriguing 285 prospect. His Super32 matches are on FloArena.

We could use some depth for next year at 125 and heavyweight. Besides Picc and Putnam, I'm not sure who would back up those weights (maybe Jet can hold 125 & Harris can move up?).

Flo has heavyweight Mateusz Kudra (MA) at #93 on the updated Big Board. No idea if we are connected to him, but he looks interesting - good frame, decent athleticism, just extremely raw. Think he might be an intriguing 285 prospect. His Super32 matches are on FloArena.

I think Doucet is supposed to be our future heavyweight.

Watched Harris at OCU this weekend. He is so skinny. He is either working hard to stay at 184 or wouldn’t be able to add the weight to move up.

Watched Harris at OCU this weekend. He is so skinny. He is either working hard to stay at 184 or wouldn’t be able to add the weight to move up.

Yeah, I don't know then...maybe Andrade only does 1 year at NEO and transfers in next year as a heavy?

Any commentary on how our guys looked at OCU, like Kaden vs Magaldo?

It is logical that with Doucet being only a junior in HS now & probably needing to RS once he gets here that the Cowboys will need someone to fill in between next year & when Doucet is a RS freshman. An elite JUCO or transfer would seem to be the solution.

It is logical that with Doucet being only a junior in HS now & probably needing to RS once he gets here that the Cowboys will need someone to fill in between next year & when Doucet is a RS freshman. An elite JUCO or transfer would seem to be the solution.

Singletary prolly won't last long at Ohio State. He could be a decent holdover.

He is the backup now before Kirkvliet is even there. He won’t last long or he will cut to 197

Yeah, Singletary lost his wrestle off to an unranked guy.

It's interesting to see how much some of these 285s actually weigh. Derek went from 197 to 240 in about 9 months and is now around 260. Tony Andrade went from 195 to 236 in about 9 months. Singletary was a 220 as a HS senior in 2017, and he only weighs about 232 now based on last week's Michigan State Open.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT