ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting News?

A handful more guys have registered for the senior & junior opens. Haas is listed at 92 KG, so looks like the bulk job is off. Carroll switched to the junior division.
I noticed Streck is signed up and wrestling for cowboy wrestling club. He would be a big help in the room.

Thompson registered for the junior open at 86 KG. Thought he might cut to 79 KG. Probably a 184 in college.

Reactions: DPJ
Troy spratley entered the transfer portal. He’s a stud!! We should definitely be interested
He's listed as do not contact so that means he already knows where he's going, and it better be the pokes😁. He's a perfect fit, sure hope they get him

Reactions: Ok_Longhorn
Mesenbrink to PSU. It’s just comical at this point.

Any big time recruit who has the opportunity to go there should.

There isn’t a comparison in terms of a better place to wrestle to develop and win national titles.

Sucks but as a Daton fan you wonder what Cael could have done with him….

There isn’t a comparison in terms of a better place to wrestle to develop and win national titles.

This year gets sadder and sadder in regards to wrestling. At this time our programs response to our 2nd horrible year in a row has been pitiful. Coach Smith should be embarrassed with our last 5 weeks. Here we need a 165 bad and we weren't even in the ball game for Messenbrink and to add salt to the wound Penn. St gets him. I think Coach Smith killed us with his stance on Regional Training Centers. Bad move after bad move for our wrestling Program.

Last edited:
PSU isn’t going away only way you will catch them is steal the transfers from them and out spend them. RTC and Nil are the most important

Reactions: turfpoke
I know that McClane is telling people he won the wrestle off and was never given the opportunity to wrestle last year. ASU and Wyoming are pursuing him pretty hard, hope that doesn’t come back to haunt the team.

Wrestling's six degrees of Kevin Bacon...

Recent commit Mirzo Khayitov lost in the JUCO finals to Steele Starren
> Starren lost to Chance McLane at Reno
> McLane said he won the wrestle-off, but Wyatt Sheets outplaced him at the Scuffle
> Sheets scored 0.5 points at NCAAs, but he edged out PSU's Alex Facundo who went 0-2
> Facundo was the only PSU qualifier to go scoreless at NCAAs, so PSU promptly nabbed Mitchell Mesenbrink, another 165 lber

Mirzo Khayitov is also 28 years old and still couldn't win a natty at the JUCO level!!! He's basically the football version of Tom Hutton

Wrestling's six degrees of Kevin Bacon...

Recent commit Mirzo Khayitov lost in the JUCO finals to Steele Starren
> Starren lost to Chance McLane at Reno
> McLane said he won the wrestle-off, but Wyatt Sheets outplaced him at the Scuffle
> Sheets scored 0.5 points at NCAAs, but he edged out PSU's Alex Facundo who went 0-2
> Facundo was the only PSU qualifier to go scoreless at NCAAs, so PSU promptly nabbed Mitchell Mesenbrink, another 165 lber
That’s called PSU holding their guys accountable. You don’t preform we move on.

He would have gotten him to enter the portal. The only guy that could stop Daton was already in the PSU room.

He would have gotten him to enter the portal. The only guy that could stop Daton was already in the PSU room.
Could be...but also maybe not.

Fix is a year ahead of RBY. He took an official visit to PSU as a senior in Sep 2016. RBY committed to PSU as a junior a month later (same day that Wittlake did). So it's possible RBY wouldn't have gone to PSU if Fix had committed first.

But even if they had both ended up there, Fix would likely be a better wrestler than he is now. He would have had Retherford & Lee as training partners. Plus Megaludis was at the NLWC back then. Maybe Fix would have turned into a monster on top, who knows. At the very least, he would have wrestled more freely at the NCAAs because of PSU's training philosophy & mindset. Hard to say who would have turned out better.

So Lee is touting some big news on Twitter, any idea if it’s recruiting news or something else?

So Lee is touting some big news on Twitter, any idea if it’s recruiting news or something else?
Probably a new podcast exclusively for CWC members. I’m still waiting for notification on when the first episode is.

I hope this is not the big news coming. He is not ranked in the top 20 wrestlers in his weight class on flow. Also is not on their Big Board of top 100 wrestlers in the recruiting class. He is a decent recruit like his brother was. I watched his first match in the State Tournament, and it was not close to being dominant. If it is Lee must think we are a Division II Program.

I hope this is not the big news coming. He is not ranked in the top 20 wrestlers in his weight class on flow. Also is not on their Big Board of top 100 wrestlers in the recruiting class. He is a decent recruit like his brother was. I watched his first match in the State Tournament, and it was not close to being dominant. If it is Lee must think we are a Division II Program.
Doesn’t move the needle on me getting excited. We need about 5 big time transfers. Top 4 type guys, just to compete.

Reactions: DPJ
Spratley, Fix, Alvarez, VV, Williams, ?, Plott or Witlake, (Plott redshirts) Thompson, Surber or Haas, (best man goes) , Carroll. Might be getting there?

Spratley, Fix, Alvarez, VV, Williams, ?, Plott or Witlake, (Plott redshirts) Thompson, Surber or Haas, (best man goes) , Carroll. Might be getting there?
That's probably the best lineup for next year if we get Spratley. I hope Plott redshirts next year, I think Wittlake would be better at 174 than 184

Reactions: Ok_Longhorn
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT