Latest additions to the portal.

Chris Cannon Graduate 133 March 29 Northwestern
Izzak Olejnik Graduate 165 March 27 Northern Illinois
Bryer Hall Sophomore 174 March 27 Ohio State
Hunter Mays Sophomore 165 March 27 Rider
Jacob Hansen Junior 184 March 24 CSU Bakersfield
Ryan Catka Junior 285 March 24 Navy
Keegan Roberson Freshman 157 March 24 Campbell
If this forum is right Flo is way behind because they have an feature on future Cowboy dominating the Pittsburg Classic. He pinned his opponent in the second period.

Reactions: KILLEVIDENT
Olejnik would make sense for 165 when (if) the coaching rumors settle down. Took 8th this year and has a year left.

Flo mentioned PSU, Mizzou, Cornell & OhioSt for Mesenbrink, so we're probably not in the running there.

Cam Steed still makes the most sense if he hits the portal. But about a week after the Scuffle he mentioned some "bad blood" with OSU. Was thinking maybe we didn't recruit him coming out of HS because he projected to 149/157. Hopefully a good scholly offer & some NIL $ would change his mind.

Reactions: DPJ and Ok_Longhorn
Brayden's transfer plans happened well before the Doc B. David Mirikitani mentioned it during the HOF duals a week after the Ironman.

Regarding any Ferrari comparisons, I don't put much weight in message board posts. As far as I'm concerned, Brayden is coming in with a clean slate. We can go from there.
Bump👍

You need some attention? Everyone in life still ignoring you?

You have no posting history on this board. And the first thing you commented on was wrong - Thompson's transfer to Stillwater was discussed 3 weeks before the Doc B.

On the Ferrari comparisons, a couple of credible long-time posters have since said there are major flags there. If that turns out to be the case then you cut ties quickly. It's not complicated.

Reactions: DPJ
You need some attention? Everyone in life still ignoring you?

You have no posting history on this board. And the first thing you commented on was wrong - Thompson's transfer to Stillwater was discussed 3 weeks before the Doc B.

On the Ferrari comparisons, a couple of credible long-time posters have since said there are major flags there. If that turns out to be the case then you cut ties quickly. It's not complicated.
Obviously you don’t ignore me
i wasn’t wrong
and his mom is just as bad as Ferraris

Obviously you don’t ignore me
i wasn’t wrong
and his mom is just as bad as Ferraris
Didn't you recently make some posts on the Iowa board lambasting them for making disrespectful & stupid comments about wrestlers? Because a lot of different people read message boards and it could turn off prospective athletes? And that crap only happens on the Iowa board?

But then you decided it was ok to come to a rival board and post crap.

Didn't you recently make some posts on the Iowa board lambasting them for making disrespectful & stupid comments about wrestlers? Because a lot of different people read message boards and it could turn off prospective athletes? And that crap only happens on the Iowa board?

Iowa style

Reactions: Wrassler17

I never said anything about his wrestling but good try✌️

Olejnik would make sense for 165 when (if) the coaching rumors settle down. Took 8th this year and has a year left.

Flo mentioned PSU, Mizzou, Cornell & OhioSt for Mesenbrink, so we're probably not in the running there.

Cam Steed still makes the most sense if he hits the portal. But about a week after the Scuffle he mentioned some "bad blood" with OSU. Was thinking maybe we didn't recruit him coming out of HS because he projected to 149/157. Hopefully a good scholly offer & some NIL $ would change his mind.
I glanced through the list of wrestlers for senior and 20 and under Nationals. The only Cowboys I saw on the list were Cael Hughes at 61 for 20 and under, and Christian Carroll at HWT. at seniors. I remember in high school Jordan Williams seemed to wrestle at every big tournament. Again, I just glanced so there could be more entered, but it seemed to fit with the place our program is right now.

I glanced through the list of wrestlers for senior and 20 and under Nationals. The only Cowboys I saw on the list were Cael Hughes at 61 for 20 and under, and Christian Carroll at HWT. at seniors. I remember in high school Jordan Williams seemed to wrestle at every big tournament. Again, I just glanced so there could be more entered, but it seemed to fit with the place our program is right now.
Pretty sure Thompson is wrestling seniors.

Still 3 weeks out so plenty of time for more guys to get registered. Daton isn't registered yet but obviously he is competing. Carter Young is probably out with his recent knee injury. So that leaves Plott, Williams, Surber and Alvarez who I think are the only others I can see competing and Voinovich who doesn't wrestle for the US in international FS.

So just looking at guys on the current roster (unless I'm missing someone) the list is Fix, Plott, Williams, Alvarez and maybe Surber? Just not really sure who on the roster right now is that FS heavy besides those guys. And with our commits you got Hughes, Thompson, Carroll and possible Heeg?

Lots of good wrestling coming up. Excited about watching the new guys, it should tell us a lot about where Hughes and Thompson are at. And if everyone gets registered at 61kg that's going to be a fun weight to watch.

With McLance in the portal that leaves Jalin Harper as the only 165 lber on the roster.

Ben Davino to OhioSt. With Feldman, Mendez, Bouzakis, Welsh & Davino, they are probably the biggest threat to knock off PSU over the next 5 years.

I think Mesenbrink also took an official visit there this weekend.

Reactions: fronk71
Ben Davino to OhioSt. With Feldman, Mendez, Bouzakis, Welsh & Davino, they are probably the biggest threat to knock off PSU over the next 5 years.

I think Mesenbrink also took an official visit there this weekend.
Vinny Kilkeary

Willie came out with his final big board for 2023. We have 3 in the top 8. Should be the top class maybe second.
#2 Christian Carroll 5 star
#5 Brayden Thompson 5 star
#8 Cael Hughes 4 star
#48 Aj Heeg 3 star
#67 Jersey Robb 3 star
Didn’t Know they had the star rating for wrestling. You would think #2 #5 #8 would be almost immediate starters?

Didn’t Know they had the star rating for wrestling. You would think #2 #5 #8 would be almost immediate starters?
yeah it’s a new thing but it pretty much just puts them into tiers there is 1 6 star 5 5 stars 19 4 stars and the rest of the top 100 is a a 3 star I think it’s interesting. #2 and #5 are probably ready to go #8 has fix at his weight but after fix graduates we will be in good hands

yeah it’s a new thing but it pretty much just puts them into tiers there is 1 6 star 5 5 stars 19 4 stars and the rest of the top 100 is a a 3 star I think it’s interesting. #2 and #5 are probably ready to go #8 has fix at his weight but after fix graduates we will be in good hands
So 8 can’t make 125?

I doubt it but maybe he’s got a big frame and is definitely a big 133 but im not close to the situation all I know is he’s a taller 133 and has some good muscle

Reactions: driad
He's in town. If you see him, make him feel welcome.
238669620_379432330195064_3423616358381119754_n.jpg

The wrestling program needs to get more proactive and link this information so people will know how to go about doing this and where we may run into him

We gotta live on the edge and push the envelope a little bit like Penn State

The wrestling program needs to get more proactive and link this information so people will know how to go about doing this and where we may run into him

We gotta live on the edge and push the envelope a little bit like Penn State
We seem permanently stuck in the 1990s.

Reactions: CowboyTanker
A handful more guys have registered for the senior & junior opens. Haas is listed at 92 KG, so looks like the bulk job is off. Carroll switched to the junior division.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT