ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting News?

There's literally no difference between the two. The websites are virtually identical. The only difference is that one of their senior level athletes wrestled D1 instead of D2 the way Noel did.

Kyle Snyder left because he didn't feel that Ryan supported the RTC. And, if the rumors are true, Tom Ryan votes exactly the same way John Smith has on RTCs and their influence.

OSU has signed the #2 and #4 p4p recruits in the 2023 class. Recruiting just isn't a blocker. There is nothing that Oklahoma State doesn't have that is keeping recruits from signing with OSU. Facilities, RTC, NIL... Both Ohio State and Oklahoma State have it... how do you make these guys multiple time national champs? All comes down to development. Both programs are lacking in this area. Is it not having senior level athletes in the room training and coaching the college guys? Seems like it.

OSU does not have an RTC in the terms of being able to attract and “hire” senior level athletes to aid in the development of our under grad wrestlers.

Ohio State while much smaller than other do. They have two currently and have had others in the past. They need more and we need to get at least one and go from there.

They also have an additional FT coach.

Reactions: osudog
OSU does not have an RTC in the terms of being able to attract and “hire” senior level athletes to aid in the development of our under grad wrestlers.

Ohio State while much smaller than other do. They have two currently and have had others in the past. They need more and we need to get at least one and go from there.

They also have an additional FT coach.

Oklahoma State does have an RTC that is capable of attracting and paying athletes and coaches.

For anyone at the dual classic today, please keep us in the loop. Would love to hear if there is anything creative the program is doing to help promote themselves to potential recruits.

For anyone at the dual classic today, please keep us in the loop. Would love to hear if there is anything creative the program is doing to help promote themselves to potential recruits.
Stillwater wiped out a Loyola team from Illinois. Jordan won by pin and lots of takedowns, Smith beat their top wrestler with a takedown in the 3rd, McComas won by pin, Hughes pin, Voinovich maybe tech fall, Lockett forfeit, Heeg tech fall. A number of Stillwater wrestlers wrestled up a weight class.

Last edited:
Reactions: JAY45
Stillwater wiped out a Loyola team from Illinois. Jordan won by pin and lots of takedowns, Smith beat their top wrestler with a takedown in the 3rd, McComas won by pin, Hughes pin, Voinovich maybe tech fall, Lockett forfeit, Heeg tech fall.
Against St Joseph Regional Beric Jordan won by tech but was slowed down in the first by his opponent controlling a wrist in neutral. Sam Smith wrestling 126 won by pin was ahead 9 to 0 before the pin.. McComas won 1 to 0. Hughes at 38 won 12 to 1.
Stillwater wiped out a Loyola team from Illinois. Jordan won by pin and lots of takedowns, Smith beat their top wrestler with a takedown in the 3rd, McComas won by pin, Hughes pin, Voinovich maybe tech fall, Lockett forfeit, Heeg tech fall. A number of Stillwater wrestlers wrestled up a weight class.

Against St Joseph Regional Beric Jordan won by tech but was slowed down in the first by his opponent controlling a wrist in neutral. Sam Smith wrestling 126 won by pin was ahead 9 to 0 before the pin.. McComas won 1 to 0. Hughes at 38 won 12 to 1.
St Joseph has HWT Jim Mullin who won by pin at 9 seconds against Stillwater. Voinovich won by pin and Lockett won by tech fall.

Heeg beat the 13th rated 195 Dellagoda 8 to 3 with some ease.
Third dual of the day is Stillwater versus Allen Texas. I think Jordan got a forfeit and Smith won a close decision after getting thrown and behind 5 to 0. His opponent gassed in the 3rd period. McComas won by major. Hughes won by 1st period pin.

Third dual of the day is Stillwater versus Allen Texas. I think Jordan got a forfeit and Smith won a close decision after getting thrown and behind 5 to 0. His opponent gassed in the 3rd period. McComas won by major. Hughes won by 1st period pin.
Voinovich and Lockett won by pin. Heeg won by major.

Last edited:
Reactions: tfpoke
At this time Stillwater 13 and Poway 9 after Sam Smith won 6 to 0. McComas wins by major, very quick and slick.
Hughes at 138 won 6 to 2 with 3 takedowns. His opponent Kelly got his legs in the second period and rode Cael for 2 minutes. Cael couldn't quite pull Kelly off even though Kelly was high. Poway guy who is a greco guy almost pan caked Hughes. Hugh battled off his back and got the takedown. Tough match.

Last edited:
Hughes at 138 won 6 to 2 with 3 takedowns. His opponent Kelly got his legs in the second period and rode Cael for 2 minutes. Cael couldn't quite pull Kelly off even the Kelly was high. Poway guy who is a greco guy almost pan caked Hughes. Hugh battled off his back and got the takedown. Tough match.
Voinovich wins 3 to 1 in overtime takedown over a 3rd place California kid. Some great scrambles in this match. Lockett wrestling 157 pins his opponent in the 2nd period. Score Stillwater 29 Poway 12. Looks like they Stillwater will wrestle Edmund North in the dual final. Somner at 165 wins by pin.

Last edited:
Voinovich wins 3 to 1 in overtime takedown over a 3rd place California kid. Some great scrambles in this match. Lockett wrestling 157 pins his opponent in the 2nd period. Score Stillwater 29 Poway 12. Looks like they Stillwater will wrestle Edmund North in the dual final. Somner at 165 wins by pin.
Heeg wins by tech, dominant especially with lots of tilts 15 to 0.

Heeg wins by tech, dominant especially with lots of tilts 15 to 0.
Jersey Robb beat the 17th rated 220 Schlett from St Joe Regional 3 to 1 in over time. Good win for Robb takedown in overtime. I have seen Jersey blow big matches but this won he pulled it out with a good single.

Anyone else hear David Mirikitani say he heard Brayden Thompson & Christian Carroll might transfer in 2nd semester?

Jersey Robb beat the 17th rated 220 Schlett from St Joe Regional 3 to 1 in over time. Good win for Robb takedown in overtime. I have seen Jersey blow big matches but this won he pulled it out with a good single.
Caviness pinned Almeyda in the 3rd period with a whip over. Almeyda was grinding Caviness who just got called for stalling on the bottom in the first period. Caviness pulled away a bit and whipped Almeida over for a 5 point move to take the lead 5 to 2. McComas beat Almeida 1 to 0 with an escape in the final 5 seconds of the match yesterday. Wrassler some of the Stillwater match I watched live and some on tape and so I did not hear that. I would be to our advantage if it happened. I did hear a Thompson interview this year where he indicated 1 of his goals is to be a 2 time Illinois State Champion. However I would think Mirikitani and Hardell Moore could get inside information especially since they are in Stillwater now.

Reactions: Wrassler17
Anyone else hear David Mirikitani say he heard Brayden Thompson & Christian Carroll might transfer in 2nd semester?
How would that work as far as eligibility goes? Would this be a redshirt year for them?

How would that work as far as eligibility goes? Would this be a redshirt year for them?
It was in the middle of the dual so I think he was talking about Stillwater HS. Kyle Haas also transferred during the middle of his senior year. I remember a Tyler Caldwell interview when he said it was unclear if Kyle would be eligible 2nd semester (he wasn't I guess). But either way, it would be a good opportunity for Brayden & Christian to train with the college guys.

Reactions: DPJ
Smith had the match and got reversed to his back and pinned. Stillwater behind 12 to 10. Beric Jordan won by pin after lots of takedowns.

Smith had the match and got reversed to his back and pinned. Stillwater behind 12 to 10. Beric Jordan won by pin after lots of takedowns.
McComas beat Hollingsworth 2 to 1. Hughes wrestled a very ordinary match and beat a freshman 7 to 2. Edmund North outwrestling Stillwater with Routledge beating Voinovich. Poor effort by Voinovich, he earned that loss. Routledge is tough and seemed to want it a lot more.

Last edited:
Reactions: JAY45
It was in the middle of the dual so I think he was talking about Stillwater HS. Kyle Haas also transferred during the middle of his senior year. I remember a Tyler Caldwell interview when he said it was unclear if Kyle would be eligible 2nd semester (he wasn't I guess). But either way, it would be a good opportunity for Brayden & Christian to train with the college guys.
Oh ok. I misunderstood and thought they were going to enroll at OSU early.

Reactions: Wrassler17
McComas beat Hollingsworth 2 to 1. Hughes wrestled a very ordinary match and beat a freshman 7 to 2. Edmund North outwrestling Stillwater with Routledge beating Voinovich. Poor effort by Voinovich, he earned that loss. Routledge is tough and seemed to want it a lot more.
Lockett was close to tech and muscled his opponent over for the pin now 22 to 19 Stillwater.

Heeg won by pin and they are up by 7 points.
Stillwater HWT got pinned and they lost 33 to 31. Too many of Stillwater's wrestlers screwed up. Rightfully the announcers recognized the Sam Smith upset pin was the big match of the dual. Jersey Robb won by major in his match against Pomona.

Reactions: CowboyTanker
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT