ADVERTISEMENT

OSU vs ISU

I have never seen these before. I think we wore something like this at Nationals about 10 years ago.

Wow, Kaid was dominating 2 minutes in then looked absolutely terrible vs an average opponent. He was gassed going to the 3rd.

Can G make 41? Or is that even allowed at this point in time?

Gfeller - 141
Boo - 149

Reactions: okcpokefan12
Wow, Kaid was dominating 2 minutes in then looked absolutely terrible vs an average opponent. He was gassed going to the 3rd.

Can G make 41? Or is that even allowed at this point in time?

Gfeller - 141
Boo - 149
He certified so should be able to get there. Yes Kaid did not look good, just not a 7 minute guy at this point.

Never mind he stays at 49

That didn't sound good...they switched the video off the mat. I assume Boo separated his shoulder?

kid needs to retire. He's already had surgery to repair his shoulder. Sometimes an athlete is simply injury prone.

kid needs to retire. He's already had surgery to repair his shoulder. Sometimes an athlete is simply injury prone.
I'm surprised he tried to come back this year, shoulder stuff takes time. Hope he can make a full recovery.

Heartbroken for Boo

Just when our team was strengthening, this happened. I heard G weighed 145 today so he could be at weight in 3 weeks. Smith has a decision to make, leave G at 149 where he could be mid to high AA or let him drop and be a factor at 41.

Heartbroken for Boo

Just when our team was strengthening, this happened. I heard G weighed 145 today so he could be at weight in 3 weeks. Smith has a decision to make, leave G at 149 where he could be mid to high AA or let him drop and be a factor at 41.

If Boo is out I think G at 149 is our best bet.

feel horrible for boo
kid always a class act at hs and ok kids tourneys
Kaid just has not looked the same at 141. He must be fighting an injury we do not know about but he looks like he has no confidence in his ability up a weight. I hope he can get it straightened out. I am not downplaying Ian Parker's ability but after his first takedown he just completely shut down.

It was 22-9 with Boo having a sizeable lead late and the final minutes away from being 25-9 over a very tough ISU team.

I think had Boo been able to stay healthy G drops and takes over 141 when he has finalist potential IMO. He can AA up a weight but more early landmines for him there.

Hate this fro Boo who seems like a great kid and teammate.

Reactions: Ja1339
It was 22-9 with Boo having a sizeable lead late and the final minutes away from being 25-9 over a very tough ISU team.

I think had Boo been able to stay healthy G drops and takes over 141 when he has finalist potential IMO. He can AA up a weight but more early landmines for him there.

Hate this fro Boo who seems like a great kid and teammate.
I had the same thoughts 2082 and it was extremely sad to see the match end for Boo.I do not know if he can ever come back after this repetitive injury. He was dominant in the match and I applaud his courage.

Reactions: giddyup and osu2082
I had the same thoughts 2082 and it was extremely sad to see the match end for Boo.I do not know if he can ever come back after this repetitive injury. He was dominant in the match and I applaud his courage.
Sounds like his shoulder just isn’t going to hold up anymore to allow him to Wrestle

So same injury as before? Was he on top or bottom when injury occurred? Didn’t see

It looked he went in on a defensive shot fighting off a TD attempt by the ISU wrestler as he went underneath for a single and something gave out and he literally collapsed in pain and was screaming.

Obviously hate it for Boo. Very impressed with jacobe and Joseph smith. Looks like chandler should be back soon. Still skeptical about weigel.

It looked he went in on a defensive shot fighting off a TD attempt by the ISU wrestler as he went underneath for a single and something gave out and he literally collapsed in pain and was screaming.
That’s awful

It didn’t look good at all flo did the right thing by cutting away cause he was in severe Pain . Boo is a great young man and student .

Reactions: osu2082
Has Kaid been recovering from an injury? He appeared to be gassed after the 1st period. He generally has a gas tank.
I hope Shomers can get back down to 157 before Big 12.

I watched Boo's match again this morning and could not tell what he did to injure his shoulder except maybe reach above his head. Anyone have any info they can share?

Has Kaid been recovering from an injury? He appeared to be gassed after the 1st period. He generally has a gas tank.
I hope Shomers can get back down to 157 before Big 12.

I really think Kaid is dealing with something. I can understand having some problems up a weight or his style not working as well there but there are enough signs that point to a nagging injury.

Someone posted another board that he broke his wrist and it was not a repetitive shoulder injury.

Someone posted another board that he broke his wrist and it was not a repetitive shoulder injury.

At first that’s what I thought, he was holding it like it was. We was a long way from it so not sure. As they were working on him it looked like they were working the shoulder from where we were and when walking off he looked like he was holding that arm supporting the shoulder.

At first that’s what I thought, he was holding it like it was. We was a long way from it so not sure. As they were working on him it looked like they were working the shoulder from where we were and when walking off he looked like he was holding that arm supporting the shoulder.
What happens in that situation is the shoulder comes out and is dangling and by grabbing the wrist you can support your arm and lessen the pain some until they get it to go back in

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT