ADVERTISEMENT

OCU Open

There are 41 wrestlers on our roster and we have three going to the All Star matches and Boo is injured. We must have two more with injuries or just not going. I have enjoyed the OCU Open and think it is great for the Oklahoma wrestling and appreciate our coaches supporting it.

Just got the Cowboy Wrestling Newsletter. The tournament starts at 9am so assume the doors open at least 30 minutes early. I can't find a thing on OCU's site.

Also, Alex is not shown as going to the All-Star Classic. Any idea what that is about?

From everything I have seen and heard he is wrestling Ethan Ramos. The website for the event reflects that and Alex's comments in his interview reflect that as well. There will be two guys not there due to injury. IMart (Illinois) Vic Avery (Edimboro) and Nick Brascetta (Virginia Tech) will not be there. That was updated yesterday morning at 9:59 AM Eastern.

From everything I have seen and heard he is wrestling Ethan Ramos. The website for the event reflects that and Alex's comments in his interview reflect that as well. There will be two guys not there due to injury. IMart (Illinois) Vic Avery (Edimboro) and Nick Brascetta (Virginia Tech) will not be there. That was updated yesterday morning at 9:59 AM Eastern.
It now shows no AD or Ramos. Glass v Roshkopf.

The list of those attending is up. From first look those I don't see are Lewallen,Heil, Crutchmer, AD, and Austin Marsden.

Some things of note:
Hone at 57
C Rogers at 84
Weigel is in Fr/Soph divisioon

EDIT: no Magaldo or Cline, everyone else besides the 7 mentioned are registered and all the starters are listed at the weights they are expected to compete this year.

Last edited:
The list of those attending is up. From first look those I don't see are Lewallen,Heil, Crutchmer, AD, and Austin Marsden.

Some things of note:
Hone at 57
C Rogers at 84
Weigel is in Fr/Soph divisioon

EDIT: no Magaldo or Cline, everyone else besides the 7 mentioned are registered and all the starters are listed at the weights they are expected to compete this year.
Cine is hurt, probably done for the season. Magaldo is still getting down to 141, will be ready for Reno.

Do we take anything from Weigel being in the soph/FR division as opposed to the regular?

Rodgers from a pure talent standpoint could make things interesting at 184 but just not sure he has the size and strength to stay there.

Do we take anything from Weigel being in the soph/FR division as opposed to the regular?

Rodgers from a pure talent standpoint could make things interesting at 184 but just not sure he has the size and strength to stay there.
I thought that Coach said he was too small for 74.

I know Jacobe Smith won Jucos last year but what weight? I thought it was 74, but he's entered in the OCO at 65. I might be mistaken on last year, can anyone clear it up?

Yep, C Rogers at 74, Hone at 41 (makes more sense), Austin Marsden in, Ben Laures out and Garret Beier goes from 97 to 285.

At 133 is Keegan Moore (unattached), WV also is sending some to the Clarion open. Thought he would be a 41. Wonder if there are other from his team there?

Whats up with the 4 point near fall and why are so many of our guys in the fr/soon division?

Barnes from NEO defeated Marsteller in semis and Skates defeated Blees.
Boyd beat Bean 7-1.

The cut may be too much for Marstellar, he would be better at 165, but Dieringer has 165 this year.

the way it looked. 157 does look to be a hard pull. even at 65 chance's tank would be in question. but we know he would last longer than 1 period. jo jo may have to get pulled. john said the best would wrestle this year.

Would like to see him in the room next year.

J Rogers defeats Boyd 8-3.
probably wont happen. from the info i got he qualified late the year of his signing and found out we had no room for him. i wish we could because he has shown to be really really good.

the way it looked. 157 does look to be a hard pull. even at 65 chance's tank would be in question. but we know he would last longer than 1 period. jo jo may have to get pulled. john said the best would wrestle this year.

Wondering if it's the cut, or the way he's cutting?

Jordan looked phenomenal today. Very impressed with him

Klimara was a little rusty, Garcia had HWH number yesterday. 141, T Moran looked really good and so did D Hone. Collica looked scary good, he is ready for a run at the title. 157, can't have Chance go against Iowa (Cooper Iowa isn't that good, but he can come back in the third against Chance) if his gas tank is in question. Ryan Bless should be the starter until after the Southern Scuffle. By then we will know how good Jo Jo is going to be this season. 184, with the new 4 point rule J Rogers is made for that rule. J Rogers looked good yesterday. Give him a start against Iowa and see what happens, looked like a different wrestler yesterday (in a really good way). A Schafer keep on the attack all day, keeps that up we will be OK at 197. 133, K Brock (he sure can score some points on his feet) looked really good, he is getting better on bottom. He could be the guy if GWH doesn't show any signs of improvement from last year. N Piccininni, if you haven't seen him you will be very happy come next year.

Reactions: jon_osu
Jordan Rogers looked like a whole different wrestler yesterday. I would rank him ahead of Boyd by quite a bit.
NY Nick, Kaid, Moran and Smith will all be exciting to watch next year

Reactions: jon_osu
Great to hear about Jordan. The only "holes" in our roster are at 133, 184, and 197. Holes at OSU are spots where we don't appear to have a surefire AA candidate.

Jordan has the size, talent and pedigree to make some noise if this new found confidence and performance level can be carried on.

Great to hear about Jordan. The only "holes" in our roster are at 133, 184, and 197. Holes at OSU are spots where we don't appear to have a surefire AA candidate.

Jordan has the size, talent and pedigree to make some noise if this new found confidence and performance level can be carried on.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT