ADVERTISEMENT

Final OTT qualifier

Mrgrapple

2nd Team
Sep 8, 2006
How many Cowboys are in the OTTs. Fix, Dieringer, and Marsteller(if you want to count him). Young and Sheets are in the final qualifying tournament. Any others?

Williams, CC maybe missing one more. It’s a little off putting that Brayden Thompson isn’t wrestling this weekend in the last chance. Would hope he was hungry for more competition like Williams is.

Williams, CC maybe missing one more. It’s a little off putting that Brayden Thompson isn’t wrestling this weekend in the last chance. Would hope he was hungry for more competition like Williams is.
Who are they wrestling?

Yes I agree about Thompson. I am just not sure he loves wrestling like we need. I hope a RS year helps but we need the guys
like PSU gets. Very mentally strong and DRIVEN more than others.

Reactions: Howie_Fartz
CC is going to be a good one for sure! If he makes it to the semis he will likely have Jacob Warner, 4x AA. We shall see what CC has for him. If he can get by Warner then maybe Mirasola or McDaniel in the finals. Some big names for the future of upper weights for the next four or five years. Excited for this weight class.

He weighed in at 215 for this…so that appears to be attainable.
Jordan Williams won his first match but the 2nd period was not impressive, He seemed tired and gave up[ a couple of weak takedowns. Either not in shape or the cut was very tough or a combination of the 2. He got teched by Aiden Valencia who will go to Stanford next year Williams got the 1st takedown and the gave up an easy one and might have got injured. Downhill from there with weak shots and giving up takedowns. Disappointing and it looks like he should not cut weight and work on getting bigger, stronger and less injury prone. Not impressive. I wish I did not watch Dean Heil's 2nd round match. Teched by a guy who should not have been in his league. Weak shots and his opponent would go around and get the takedown without much resistance. Young won his 1st round championship match and consolation match. Lost to former Rutgers National Champ by decision ( not really close). Carroll as indicated won his first 2 matches easily and just beat former Iowa All American Warner 8 to 7. Very close but Carroll got sloppy and tired but held on. Big win by Carroll but cutting over 15 more pounds might be rough.

Last edited:
I just saw Young lose to Parker former cyclone 4 to 3, Young missed the winning takedown by a second because for 15 seconds he did not break Parker down from a quad pod until time ran out.

Jordan Williams won his first match but the 2nd period was not impressive, He seemed tired and gave up[ a couple of weak takedowns. Either not in shape or the cut was very tough or a combination of the 2. He got teched by Aiden Valencia who will go to Stanford next year Williams got the 1st takedown and the gave up an easy one and might have got injured. Downhill from there with weak shots and giving up takedowns. Disappointing and it looks like he should not cut weight and work on getting bigger, stronger and less injury prone. Not impressive. I wish I did not watch Dean Heil's 2nd round match. Teched by a guy who should not have been in his league. Weak shots and his opponent would go around and get the takedown without much resistance. Young won his 1st round championship match and consolation match. Lost to former Rutgers National Champ by decision ( not really close). Carroll as indicated won his first 2 matches easily and just beat former Iowa All American Warner 8 to 7. Very close but Carroll got sloppy and tired but held on. Big win by Carroll but cutting over 15 more pounds might be rough.
Christian Carroll will be at 202 weeks in Vegas. Everyone needs to quit acting like our guys are having a hard time cutting weight they’re not.. He lives his life right, very discipline will make the weight with no problems

Looked like Jordan might have thrown up in his match with Valencia? It was hard to tell, but it looked like it. He FF out of the tournament so I'm assuming he was sick

• Haha
Reactions: okcpokefan12
Looked like Jordan might have thrown up in his match with Valencia? It was hard to tell, but it looked like it. He FF out of the tournament so I'm assuming he was sick
He definitely threw up on the mat.

Reactions: DPJ
Dannnng that is impressive. How’d yall watch? I might go back and look for replays.

Jax Forrest and Bo Bassett had very impressive tourneys also. These two are knocking off very good experienced wrestlers and they are only sophmores in high school. Pretty sure I have heard one of their names attached to OK State in the past.

Reactions: 51Cowboy and DPJ
Jax Forrest and Bo Bassett had very impressive tourneys also. These two are knocking off very good experienced wrestlers and they are only sophmores in high school. Pretty sure I have heard one of their names attached to OK State in the past.
If we could only get Jax Forrest who in the finals, got tech fall over Tomasello with ease with 2 4 point moves.

Reactions: 51Cowboy and DPJ
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT