ADVERTISEMENT

OCU Open

Great to hear about Jordan. The only "holes" in our roster are at 133, 184, and 197. Holes at OSU are spots where we don't appear to have a surefire AA candidate.

I would say this weekend would shift 157 closer to the "hole".

Great to hear about Jordan. The only "holes" in our roster are at 133, 184, and 197. Holes at OSU are spots where we don't appear to have a surefire AA candidate.

Jordan has the size, talent and pedigree to make some noise if this new found confidence and performance level can be carried on.

He just wrestled relaxed. Also looked to be markedly bigger and stronger. I've seen multiple Boyd/Rogers match ups and they've all been pretty tight affairs. It's not like Jordan eked this out. He dominated him and was literally not challenged. This was after Boyd looking pretty solid to me.

Chandler will be a stud too. He'd probably be a 165, if he was vying for a lineup spot. Wrestling up showed he needs to get stronger. He's so slick and skilled though. Wow

Brian Crutchmer deserves a shout out too. Honestly, after watching Garcia dominate GWH, I expected the same against Brian, but Crutchmer controlled the match. It's early and with Garcia's funkiness (which I love by the way) I expect this to be a battle, but Brian has obviously upped his game. Proud of the kid.

I would say this weekend would shift 157 closer to the "hole".

Don't think so. I honestly think this is more about Chance getting down to weigh the first time. I keep hearing how tough a cut it is, but I have to say he did not look super dried up. I think he can make this cut just fine, but he has to cut right. He also struggled with a hip I saw ... Took injury multiple times.

Tognetti so are you saying chance should just be on the bench this season?
I think Chance needs to earn the spot at 157. Didn't show any offense in the two matches I saw. He had a 4 pointer that looked out of bounds and even so he did nothing the rest of the match, and also the other match too. Early in the season, so lets see what happens in two months. Next week in Tulsa will be a tournament that John will be using to rank his wrestlers per weight. Joe will be wrestling in the Open. I hope I can get away to see what happens!

Reactions: NYWRESTLER94
Thanks just wondering I had no info aside from scores on anything from OKC this weekend glad to see Picc doing well over there can't wait for him to step in next season

I could see Joe being the guy this year at 157 and being on the podium. Marsteller is the guy next year at 165 (I think he beats Chandler Rogers there) and Joe holds 157 for a while

I could see Joe being the guy this year at 157 and being on the podium. Marsteller is the guy next year at 165 (I think he beats Chandler Rogers there) and Joe holds 157 for a while
Chance is small for 157, and looks like he even has short arms. Just can't get to his shots on Sunday, but I only saw a few of them and I watched both of his matches. I think next year if Chance moves up will be better at 165, but I give C Rogers the edge to win the spot.

I forgot Lincoln Olson at 133 from Michigan, had a great tournament. A lot of offense from this young man, someone to keep a eye on. Andrew Marsden pinned his way to the finals until he meet up with Preston Weigel, with Weigel winning that match (8-3 I think). We had a great recruiting class last year, I figure we will have 4 starters from this class and could be 5 when all said and done.

Reactions: Orangebomber
Chance is small for 157, and looks like he even has short arms. Just can't get to his shots on Sunday, but I only saw a few of them and I watched both of his matches. I think next year if Chance moves up will be better at 165, but I give C Rogers the edge to win the spot.

For the team it appears it might be good if C Rogers can grow into a solid 174. Seems like we are jumbled up at 157 and 165 with high end AA caliber wrestlers. A little separation in weights would be nice.

Reactions: Air_Thurman
Did anyone see Olsen's match with Lucas? I was checking a few guys and seeing if the weight they were going sat matched last weekend. I had not noticed that he had been pinned by Lucas, but crushed everyone else he faced. Did he get caught?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT