ADVERTISEMENT

NWCA

ghost of Gallagher

Commitment
Mar 29, 2009
from the mat:

For the second year, the format for the NWCA Division I Dual Championship Series will consist of eight teams from the Big Ten taking on conference dual meet champions, and possibly a few at-large selections, from six other leagues. Big Ten squads will travel this year on the third weekend in February to take on teams from the ACC, Big 12, Big 12 affiliate, EIWA, EWL, Ivy League, Patriot League, MAC and SoCon.

The championship dual will pit the Big Ten’s dual champion against the highest-nationally ranked school from another conference. If the current rankings hold, second-ranked Penn State would take on No. 1 Oklahoma State at Gallagher-Iba Arena in Stillwater, Oklahoma.

Reactions: oberebo
from the mat:

For the second year, the format for the NWCA Division I Dual Championship Series will consist of eight teams from the Big Ten taking on conference dual meet champions, and possibly a few at-large selections, from six other leagues. Big Ten squads will travel this year on the third weekend in February to take on teams from the ACC, Big 12, Big 12 affiliate, EIWA, EWL, Ivy League, Patriot League, MAC and SoCon.

The championship dual will pit the Big Ten’s dual champion against the highest-nationally ranked school from another conference. If the current rankings hold, second-ranked Penn State would take on No. 1 Oklahoma State at Gallagher-Iba Arena in Stillwater, Oklahoma.
I will be in attendance but not a fan of the format which is about the 4th or 5th reincarnation of National duals.

Are the cowboys hosting a dual on that day no matter what? Penn St. vs. Oklahoma State would be a good one!

Ticket office was calling season ticket holders Thursday offering tix. Sunday, February 19. Time isn't set yet.

I don't think that Penn State is scared to compete with anybody. Cael is like John and wants to see his guys challenged. We will wrestle whatever team emerges from the Big 10.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT