ADVERTISEMENT

Next year's lineup

I think that's his projected lineup for two years from now (2018-2019).

Rogers will be a senior in 2018-19. So he will probably be in the lineup.

That was my question, thought he was a RSSO this year so would still be around. Really nowhere for Joseph to go, without bumping two up. Chandler seems much more comfortable at 65, and don't know if Jacobe would be big enough for 84.

Rogers will be a senior in 2018-19. So he will probably be in the lineup.
In my humble opinion, there is no way that Chandler Rogers is not in the lineup next year. He did not place "on a fluke" but by living up to his potential. He is a very good athlete and a smart wrestler. Pic made rapid strides later in the year and will make more during the off-season and fall practice. However, I disagree with Micco about Penn State national champions. I see no reason those five will not repeat and with the addition of Suriano it could be six. We need to the "best team we can be" even if it is in a losing cause. Looking at our match-ups with those six I do not see where we are going to break through. Pic has improved but a healthy Suriano would be favored. We will not be favored at 149, 157, 165, 174,184 based on passed experience. I do not advocate throwing in the towel however and if we can not be first, then we need to be a strong second and build for the future and for future recruits.
LETS GO POKES!!!

Blake Andrews, the JUCO xfer, is a possibility to start at heavyweight next season. It seems like he had a somewhat promising redshirt year.

Also, I read that his younger brother Brian plans to attend NEO for a year and then transfer to OSU. FLO has him ranked as the #10 heavyweight in the class of 2017 and intermat has him at #12.

Blake Andrews, the JUCO xfer, is a possibility to start at heavyweight next season. It seems like he had a somewhat promising redshirt year.

Also, I read that his younger brother Brian plans to attend NEO for a year and then transfer to OSU. FLO has him ranked as the #10 heavyweight in the class of 2017 and intermat has him at #12.
If you are hearing that Blake Andrews is a possibility to start then it is different than what I have heard. I do not think they are building Derek White up to heavy weight if they have a lot of options there. Andrews is better than the Iowa heavy weight recruit. Then again, I have not heard any definitive information from the coaches only going by scuttlebutt which is sometimes not accurate.

If you are hearing that Blake Andrews is a possibility to start then it is different than what I have heard. I do not think they are building Derek White up to heavy weight if they have a lot of options there. Andrews is better than the Iowa heavy weight recruit. Then again, I have not heard any definitive information from the coaches only going by scuttlebutt which is sometimes not accurate.
Andrews had a 5-0 record at the Norseman open but had no notable competition. He placed third at the USA Oklahoma outlaw open behind Schafer who had a major decision 9-1 over himbut did dec. Corey Walker and Bryson McGowa who are two decent small college heavy weights from Oklahoma. He also had a major 11-2 dec. over Vincent Spalito who was ranked 207th in the country. He did not place at Lindenwood.

No, I haven't heard anything about Andrews starting. I'm no insider, just a wrestling fan and OSU admirer from afar. You would certainly know more than I about the front-runner. Looking at results, it just seemed like Andrews, Tanner Allen and Derek White would probably be in the same tier, with the freshman Ethan Andersen obviously trailing since he was the newcomer to college wrestling.

Andrews had a 5-0 record at the Norseman open but had no notable competition. He placed third at the USA Oklahoma outlaw open behind Schafer who had a major decision 9-1 over himbut did dec. Corey Walker and Bryson McGowa who are two decent small college heavy weights from Oklahoma. He also had a major 11-2 dec. over Vincent Spalito who was ranked 207th in the country. He did not place at Lindenwood.
In fairness to Andrews, he was injured against finalist Caleb Cotter and then defaulted out of Lindenwood. But he had lost to Cotter earlier in the year, so you're right that he didn't set the world on fire during his redshirt.

In fairness to Andrews, he was injured against finalist Caleb Cotter and then defaulted out of Lindenwood. But he had lost to Cotter earlier in the year, so you're right that he didn't set the world on fire during his redshirt.
Wrassler, I am not an insider either just a long time fan and your views are every bit as valid as mine. He was a Juco champion so he has some ability. Hope he can make the transition to D1 wrestling. I am told however the coaches are still looking for a heavy weight but they are few and far between. They wanted Gable Steveson but the tie was just too strong to Minnesota.

Wrassler, I am not an insider either just a long time fan and your views are every bit as valid as mine. He was a Juco champion so he has some ability. Hope he can make the transition to D1 wrestling. I am told however the coaches are still looking for a heavy weight but they are few and far between. They wanted Gable Steveson but the tie was just too strong to Minnesota.
Obe, I've read this board for a while now and I know that you are a long time supporter of the team. I appreciate your views/insights regarding the program.

I think most would agree that help is needed at 285, so I'm glad the coaches are trying to bring in more talent. I really only wanted to share that Brian Andrews was a likely future recruit (not elite, but has some potential) and that Blake was a possible starter next year.

BTW, Gable Steveson is special. He may turn out to be one of the all time greats.

Reactions: oberebo
2018-2019 Lineup

125 - Picc
133 - Fix
141 - Brock
149 - GFeller
157 - Blaylock
165 - JoJo
174 - Jacobe
184 - Moore
197 - Weigel
285 - White/Someone not on the roster

losing out on Chase Singletary was a big blow...
What happened to Geo Martinez?

What happened to Geo Martinez?
He will be in the mix next year at 149 and although he is an All-American from two years ago we are rich in that weight. Jonce Blaylolck has beaten him in a tournament and it will be a dogfight for the next year as to who wins the weight.

He will be in the mix next year at 149 and although he is an All-American from two years ago we are rich in that weight. Jonce Blaylolck has beaten him in a tournament and it will be a dogfight for the next year as to who wins the weight.
I apologize as this may be a long post but it is important for rankings and our wrestlers next year. Flo has announced the final poll after the NCAA's. I perused this and have the following thoughts on each weight pertaining to our Cowboys and not necessarily any other team.
125 Nicpic is ranked 6th and #1 Thomas Gilman, #5 Joey Dance are the two ranked ahead of him. Of course Suriano returns and should ranked #1 next year. Tim Lambert #10, Nathan Kraisser #11,Drew Templeman#13 and Josh Rodriguez #12 are all seniors.
133 Cory Clark #1, Eric Montoya #6 and Zane Richards #7 are all seniors. Kaid is ranked #5.
141 Dean Heil returns as #1. George DiCamillo #2 is the only senior in the top 10.
149 Anthony Collica ranked #8 is a senior. Lavion Mayes #2, Ken Theobald #7, Alex Kocer #9 and Laike Gardner #10 are all seniors.
157 Joe Smith is ranked #5. Dylan Palacio #6,Brian Murphy #8 and Russell Parsons #14 are all seniors.
165 Chandler is ranked #5. Isaac Jordan #4 is a senior.
174 Kyle Crutchmer ranked #7 and is a senior. Brian Realbuto#5,Zac Brunson #6, Jake Residori #8 and Alex Meyer #10 are all seniors. Jacobe Smith is 1-0 against Brunson.
184 Nolan Boyd is a senior and ranked #6. Gabe Dean #2,Tim Dudley #3, Sammy Brooks #4,Jack Dechow #8 and Nate Jackson #9 are all seniors.
197 Preston Weigel is #7 but J'Den Cox #1, Brett Pfarr #2, Aaron Studebaker #5 are all seniors.
285 Austin Schafer ranked #11 and is a senior. Connor Medberry #2, Ty Walz #4,Michael Kroells #7, Denzel Dejournette #8, Doug Vollaro #9 are all seniors.

Reactions: Wrassler17
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT