ADVERTISEMENT

New Recruiting Thread

No match! Williams receives a MF to win. We have to wait a week.
120 Sam Smith beat little Witcraft 4 to 2 , 126 Hughes won by medical forfeit, 132 Blankenship won 4 to 2 against McComas, 138 Roller beat Sommers 3 to 1, 145 Lockett won by tech fall, 152 Voinovich won 13 to 5 over Cullors and as indicated Angelo forfeited to Jordan Williams at 160.

Reactions: turfpoke
“Injuries and discipline issues. The story of the season” is how I read it.

just curious from that poster. I’ve got a rant ready if they claim Ferrari’s crash is a discipline issue… a common trope from Iowa and Penn State fans.
I was making a correlation between the injury riden season we’ve had and the lack of mental focus (disipline) that it appears this team doesn’t have this year. Not once did I make any reference to AJ’s crash. In fact I have defended AJ’s crash on this board many times. I’m frustrated OSU fan. Not Iowa or PSU. Maybe you can understand by giving us all “hope”. I’ve also been vocal and a supporter of your doings.

I know this is just a discussion board and I realize I am new to this. I’ve been reading and watching this board for over 2 years and finally decided to pay the money bc I felt my voice needed to be heard. I grew up attending duals in Stillwater with my dad and have been a fan since the mid 90’s. Not sure if this is a reflection of the season and bad luck we’ve had recently but there is a lot of passive aggressiveness on here that is IMO unwarranted.

Last edited:
Reactions: leecothran
I was making a correlation between the injury riden season we’ve had and the lack of mental focus (disipline) that it appears this team doesn’t have this year. Not once did I make any reference to AJ’s crash. In fact I have defended AJ’s crash on this board many times. I’m frustrated OSU fan. Not Iowa or PSU. Maybe you can understand by giving us all “hope”. I’ve also been vocal and a supporter of your doings.

I know this is just a discussion board and I realize I am new to this. I’ve been reading and watching this board for over 2 years and finally decided to pay the money bc I felt my voice needed to be heard. I grew up attending duals in Stillwater with my dad and have been a fan since the mid 90’s. Not sure if this is a reflection of the season and bad luck we’ve had recently but there is a lot of passive aggressiveness on here that is IMO unwarranted.
Sorry. Just tired.

120 Sam Smith beat little Witcraft 4 to 2 , 126 Hughes won by medical forfeit, 132 Blankenship won 4 to 2 against McComas, 138 Roller beat Sommers 3 to 1, 145 Lockett won by tech fall, 152 Voinovich won 13 to 5 over Cullors and as indicated Angelo forfeited to Jordan Williams at 160.
The Oklahoma State Tournament will have archive videos of the tournament February 25 and 26.

Sure wish there was somewhere we could listen to these radio shows. Anyone know?

According to Flo he is the #2 170lb high school ranking
Last night I watched a bunch of his matches especially at the Power-ade Tournament where he won the Tournament. In the quarters he beat Geog a senior ranked 6th at 170 going to Ohio State, in the semi's he beat Dellagatta a junior ranked 15 who in the quarters had just upset Welsh rated 4th and going to Ohio State and in the finals he beat senior Wask rated 3rd at 170 going to the Navy. All were close wins but he is a very good recruit. Good news.

Yep another solid pickup that will hopefully be a 165 in college. Makes 3 top 25 recruits in the 2023 class committed to the good guys. Probably one more coming this summer.
This is not allowed on my message board. Who the hell we talking about?

Really good pickup. I wonder if this potentially creates another logjam? I’m assuming Thompson will be 165 or 174 so he might have to wait behind Plott a year. And then he’d have to battle Williams or Anthony Ferrari at 165 or Angelo Ferrari at 174.

Really good pickup. I wonder if this potentially creates another logjam? I’m assuming Thompson will be 165 or 174 so he might have to wait behind Plott a year. And then he’d have to battle Williams or Anthony Ferrari at 165 or Angelo Ferrari at 174.
I think 165 is a possibility. He has a really thin upper body, kinda built like Surber only a few inches shorter. Plus Anthony & Jordan might not get big enough for 165. It's also possible that Thompson takes over for Plott @ 174 & Angelo goes 184.

Reactions: TheJimReaper
Also... next year our lineup is likely to be 9/10 guys who were ranked in the top 20 of their respective recruiting classes... the lone exception being Surber, who was #28.

Depends on what happens at 157... think it's between Travis Mastro, Jordan Williams, and Luke Mechler. Probably Mastro. If I was a betting man.

Have to win a title next year. Need two champs, two top 4 guys, and 3-4 more high AAs to accomplish that. May still not be enough.

This. There is a real possibility Williams will be at 149 as a FR.
Are the kind of recruits John is now signing gonna get #35 in your opinion? I wish I could pull up wresthing prospects as easy as football, basketball.

Are the kind of recruits John is now signing gonna get #35 in your opinion? I wish I could pull up wresthing prospects as easy as football, basketball.

They will put us in position to do so. Now the question is can we develop enough of these guys into the types of college wrestlers it takes to win titles in this new PSU run world.

On paper we will have as much if not more talent than anyone over these next 2-4 years but we have to turn these top recruits into NC’s and not just AA’s and few need to turn into dominant monsters.

They will put us in position to do so. Now the question is can we develop enough of these guys into the types of college wrestlers it takes to win titles in this new PSU run world.

On paper we will have as much if not more talent than anyone over these next 2-4 years but we have to turn these top recruits into NC’s and not just AA’s and few need to turn into dominant monsters.
You know I agree with you 82. We need to see wrestlers improve and improve a lot( jump levels).

On paper we'll have more talent than PSU next year. But you know what you do with paper...

Well said. We have two known dominant monsters in Fix and AJ. Need one or two more to get it done.

Does anyone know if we recruited Troy Spratley from Collinsville? He is ranked #18 on the Flo Big Board and is committed to Minnesota.

Well said. We have two known dominant monsters in Fix and AJ. Need one or two more to get it done.

We need one of those to take the next step for multiple reasons. Hope like hell this is the year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT