ADVERTISEMENT

New OSU wrestling podcast from a good Cowboy

Lee is looking for questions for future pods.
The impact of AJ's showmanship on attendance, likes on OKstate wrestling Instagram/FB/Twitter, public perception of the program. Whether it's helping bring fans to the duals. Gotta think/hope the dude's shirtless PR campaign makes a positive impact.

Are we a "party" program/too much booze and weed? Do AJ and Fix shame the others into trying harder. How hard was G partying and is it true that was the reason for his downfall? Will he come back from it? RTC funding/willingness by John. If not, why? How are we on scholarship allotments/disbursements? How are we getting all these kid's families to move to Stillwater? How helpful is it to have so many of our recruits be in-state? Can we be the warm weather/hot chicks alternative to the B1G, hold off Arizona State? How good is Texas wrestling getting? Pat Smith back some day/Arkansas wrestling and recruiting. Info/stories on Surber weight gain. Haas...what happened with him, will he have an offense in college?

Good stuff Sebastian. I think he is going to need to get some guests to join him to keep things rolling. Maybe see if he can get Robert Allen to talk about what it’s like to announce wrestling when he doesn’t know much about it. Get Alan Gelogaev on and see if he can get us another Russian heavyweight.

Are we a "party" program/too much booze and weed? Do AJ and Fix shame the others into trying harder. How hard was G partying and is it true that was the reason for his downfall? Will he come back from it? RTC funding/willingness by John. If not, why? How are we on scholarship allotments/disbursements? How are we getting all these kid's families to move to Stillwater? How helpful is it to have so many of our recruits be in-state? Can we be the warm weather/hot chicks alternative to the B1G, hold off Arizona State? How good is Texas wrestling getting? Pat Smith back some day/Arkansas wrestling and recruiting. Info/stories on Surber weight gain. Haas...what happened with him, will he have an offense in college?
Nice topics

Reactions: bwel9339
I would recommend to do a show on Monday and Friday, minimum. Monday is first to recap the weekend and Friday kicks off the weekend. Wednesday would be nice. This would also not conflict with FRL.

Most exciting wrestler in the past 25 years? Chandler Rogers, Z, Johnny Thompson, Fix, Ferrari, Mocco, Jordan Oliver, Kaid Brock. Might have to be multiple episodes. Pendleton, Hendricks…..

I like the guests suggestion. Maybe get some of the current wrestlers or coaches. Or alumni - guys like DC, Picc, Crutchmer, Hardell Moore, etc. Even having another fan on occasionally would generate some back and forth discussion.

Coverage on the RTC topic as mentioned above would be great.

Some other possible topics mentioned on here:
- Marketing the program, how can we do better? This new podcast helps. What else? - social media/Rokfin, etc.

- New Facility/Locker room update

- Women's program update

- NIL, how are our guys doing? Also, the long-term impact of NIL on recruiting. Yianni, Vito & Mason Parris are all sponsored by their RTCs (Spartan - Cornell / Cliff Keen - Michigan). Ohio St is heavily tied to Rudis, with multiple guys sponsored. How do we compete recruiting wise?

An episode on recruiting classes would be nice. We know how the next couple years are shaking out but a show on who’s out there past that and who we are (or should be) targeting. How other schools classes are shaping up, etc.

Reactions: tom_v31
The podcast guy indicated that a step has been taken to get someone to begin raising funds for the Cowboys RTC. Appears to be good news.
Daton retweeted this the other day. Maybe related? Looks like Justin Basch is working on a web site. Noticed there's a link to donate.

Reactions: hlstone
He’s not smart enough to figure out how to post here … so don’t give him too much credit

• Haha
Going out on a limb here…it’s all in good fun and I would be willing to bet our esteemed colleague Mr. Cotheran is among us.

You are crushing it Lee!

Holy smokes it works. Thanks Cowguy!

Sorry I missed last week. I had some work travel and just got worn down. Will get new one out this week. Thanks for all of the feedback! Really appreciate y'all listening.

Look at the big brain on Lee!

lots of great wrestling fans here. Glad you figured it out.

I had to figure out my head from my backside... something you've pointed out to me on more than one occasion.

Reactions: Cowguy
Welcome Lee. You have some fans here for sure and we appreciate what you're doing!

This forum has some bugs. I get errors often - bad gateway, posting failed - but they usually just resolve when I refresh and try it again. In fact my post just failed so I'm re-typing this (have to remember to Copy my post before trying to post!). And for about a month last year, it wouldn't let me sign in or view any content or send a Reset Password email. Go figure! It's working now and I'm happy about that.

I don't have much to talk about this week so if y'all could help me out with some questions I sure would appreciate it. Just not a lot going on to cover!

Reactions: TheJimReaper
I don't have much to talk about this week so if y'all could help me out with some questions I sure would appreciate it. Just not a lot going on to cover!
You're a funny guy Lee! I've been in a bad mood since the UNI dual, thanks for the humor.

Reactions: bwel9339
Has our performance over the weekend changed how you think the team will end up performing at Nationals?
Break down the 4 TDs we had against Iowa State. You could also break down how many time guys tripodded up on bottom with no hand control and just got slammed back to the mat.

Break down the 4 TDs we had against Iowa State. You could also break down how many time guys tripodded up on bottom with no hand control and just got slammed back to the mat.
Hey, don't short-change us now. We had 5 takedowns - Daton 1, G 2, Dustin 2.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT