ADVERTISEMENT

NC State

Looks like the Iowa heavy was hurt, hope it's not too bad.
I didn't see it, but in the pbp he got hurt and then continued, then defaulted later. Makes me think think he is ok, even though same thing happened to Crutchmer. Hopefully he is ok, he's having a good year.

april, I also thought Iowa was going to do a better job piling up bonus points than they wound up doing. My opinion, even the Iowa guys that won seemed flat. It almost looked like they were mailing it in after not getting the chance to wrestle Penn State...

april, I also thought Iowa was going to do a better job piling up bonus points than they wound up doing. My opinion, even the Iowa guys that won seemed flat. It almost looked like they were mailing it in after not getting the chance to wrestle Penn State...
No excuse that goes to coaching and their own attitude.If they continue like this the BIG will be a joke.

Another flaw in this new format as Iowa had no chance to wrestle PSU since it was the Big X against the world so that was never even a possibility with this format.

Certainly not a fan of the format either. They definitely wrestled flat except Gilman and Burak They have been solid all year.

The format was fine. If Iowa and Penn St wanted to wrestle they should have been on each other's schedule at the beginning of the year.

Watching our dual with PSU I was actually shocked to hear PSU and Iowa weren't wrestling. That seems crazy to me. I would think they would want to make that happen every year.

So glad NC won! After listening to Brands press conference I really have no doubt he stated NC State and not VT and if VT they would pull out. Just my opinion! He don't like the duals.

Watching our dual with PSU I was actually shocked to hear PSU and Iowa weren't wrestling. That seems crazy to me. I would think they would want to make that happen every year.

You can thank the big ten schedulers for that. IIRC a year ago the 2 agreed to independently schedule each other as a non conference match since the conference didn't schedule them to meet. From what I hear Iowa didn't wrestle Penn State or Ohio State this year due to conference schedulers again.

You can thank the big ten schedulers for that. IIRC a year ago the 2 agreed to independently schedule each other as a non conference match since the conference didn't schedule them to meet. From what I hear Iowa didn't wrestle Penn State or Ohio State this year due to conference schedulers again.
As you said... they should meet in a non conference format in years like this. No reason those 2 teams shouldn't face each other every season.

As you said... they should meet in a non conference format in years like this. No reason those 2 teams shouldn't face each other every season.

Totally agree. I'm not sure why they didn't do it this year as well.

Pops must be a great coach. Look what he did at Binghamton and now at NC State. Neither had been much in wrestling history. I have not idea if Gwiz was a big name recruit, but Pops has a whole team that is competitive and they did not have any other big name recruits.

Pops must be a great coach. Look what he did at Binghamton and now at NC State. Neither had been much in wrestling history. I have not idea if Gwiz was a big name recruit, but Pops has a whole team that is competitive and they did not have any other big name recruits.
Not a sleeper but not the bigges name coming out of hs

I know it is way premature and all speculation but I wonder if Pop keeps it going at NC State if he would have a chance here when John decides to retire.

Reactions: ctdub
I know it is way premature and all speculation but I wonder if Pop keeps it going at NC State if he would have a chance here when John decides to retire.

You would think so... Guerro, Pop and Branch would be the top 3 IMO.

Guys like Scott, Ward and Moore would be in the mix as well.

Reactions: ctdub
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT