ADVERTISEMENT

More conservative education policy at work.

Darn conservative teachers' union.
Darn conservative education lobby.
Darn conservative everyone in the state of Oklahoma.
Darn conservative standardized testing.
Darn conservative democrats who either did nothing or went along with all this.

Does that cover everything?

It's probably not a good idea to look at the demographic makeup of the rest of those schools because you'll think syskatine is a straight up

0402kkk.jpg

Boy I'm sorry guys --- now I can't comment on Oklahoma schools, either.

I'll quit pointing out the obvious real world failures of conservatism that we all see every day.

Reactions: GL97
Darn conservative teachers' union.
Darn conservative education lobby.
Darn conservative everyone in the state of Oklahoma.
Darn conservative standardized testing.
Darn conservative democrats who either did nothing or went along with all this.

Does that cover everything?

Almost.

Darn conservative governor.
Darn conservative house of representatives.
Darn conservative state senate.
Darn conservative Secretary of Education.

Okay -- now we've named the institutions in charge of Oklahoma's education and who's controlling them. We're not supposed to recognize this obvious fact staring us in the face?

I'll quit pointing out the obvious real world failures of conservatism that we all see every day.
I think everyone should be ashamed of the state of education in some places in Oklahoma.

What you want to do is blame Republicans, which is fine they should take a lot of the blame but unlike you a lot of us are willing to criticize all of the politicians Republicans and Democrats. You are only capable of blaming one side which makes you a partisan hack.

You blame conservatism for failed schools but failed schools have much more to do economic conditions of the community than who is in power.

Yep, it's the failures of conservatism that result in the terrible results of the schools on that list. Never mind poverty and what not. Brilliant.

bth_retard.jpg

I think everyone should be ashamed of the state of education in some places in Oklahoma.

What you want to do is blame Republicans, which is fine they should take a lot of the blame but unlike you a lot of us are willing to criticize all of the politicians Republicans and Democrats. You are only capable of blaming one side which makes you a partisan hack.

You blame conservatism for failed schools but failed schools have much more to do economic conditions of the community than who is in power.

In some places? Do we have any of the top 20 best public schools?

One thing that will never, ever happen: Conservatives own up and take responsibility. This state is a perfect example of what conservatives do to government. We've NEVER been this bad at education before. It's gotten worse over time, and only one party is in charge. If there's some community that isn't doing it right, that's why we have a state board of education. There are poorer communities than Tulsa and OKC's worst areas all over the nation that don't have bottom 20 schools. Just excuses, excuses, excuses and doubling down on the same conservative bullshit that fails over and over.

Yep, it's the failures of conservatism that result in the terrible results of the schools on that list. Never mind poverty and what not. Brilliant.

bth_retard.jpg

Aaaaaand once again who runs in to defend conservative incompetence?

There's no poverty elsewhere is there? Only in Oklahoma.

Next excuse?

Aaaaaand once again who runs in to defend conservative incompetence?

There's no poverty elsewhere is there? Only in Oklahoma.

Next excuse?
Good lord man. Do you really struggle that much? You'll need to quote where I "defended conservative incompetence." Should be easy. This thread is fairly short so far. I've only made three posts up to this point.

Of course there is poverty everywhere nimrod. If you could get over slobbering uncontrollably and shrieking "CONTHERVATIFTHS!!!!" you might have actually looked at the entire list, not just the Oklahoma schools on it. If you were actually smart enough to do that, you'd see what those schools had in common. But no. CONTHERVATIFTHS!!!!!!

I'd use majik markers to help you out but you'd huff all the ink out before I could start.

Good lord man. Do you really struggle that much? You'll need to quote where I "defended conservative incompetence." Should be easy. This thread is fairly short so far. I've only made three posts up to this point.

Of course there is poverty everywhere nimrod. If you could get over slobbering uncontrollably and shrieking "CONTHERVATIFTHS!!!!" you might have actually looked at the entire list, not just the Oklahoma schools on it. If you were actually smart enough to do that, you'd see what those schools had in common. But no. CONTHERVATIFTHS!!!!!!

I'd use majik markers to help you out but you'd huff all the ink out before I could start.

? You're defending it in this post, sillyass.

And a typical conservative response: Shoot the messenger instead of acknowledging the obvious. A state wholly controlled by republicans with about 1% of the country's population has 20% of the bottom 20 schools. I await your racial explanation that makes Oklahoma blacks look bad, if not worse than the thousands of black schools that didn't make the list. Maybe I'm wrong again and your excuse has nothing to do with race. I'll take your answer off the air.

So there are no bad schools in places controlled by liberals?

Using your f'd up logic that would be the case.

Once again partisan hack bullcrapery.
Maybe, maybe not. But we do know homicide rates and Democrat controlled go together like stink on shit.

Top 20 most dangerous cities in the US. Democrat controlled since...

1. St. Louis - since 1949

2. Baltimore - since 1947 (except 1963-1967)

3. Detroit - since 1962

4. New Orleans - since 1872

5. Newark - since 1953

6. Milwaukee- since 1960

7. Washington DC - since 1961

8. Kansas City - since 1930 (except 1979-1991 and 1924-1930)

9. Cincinnati - since 1951

10. Memphis - since at least 1895

11. Oakland - since 1966

12. Atlanta - since 1879

13. Pittsburg - since 1934

14. Philadelphia - since 1952

15. Chicago - since 1931

16. Indianapolis - mix

17. Miami - mix

18. Cleveland - since 1942 (except 1972-1977 and 1980-1989)

19. Stockton - mix

20. Buffalo - since 1952 (except 1962-1965)

http://www.worldatlas.com/articles/most-dangerous-cities-in-the-united-states.html

Education has very little to do with money and everything to do with parenting. If education is not important at home, it's not going to be important in school. The best highest paid teachers in the world are not going to improve education unless the support from home is improved.
I know nothing of the areas these schools are located in but I'm willing to bet most are single parent households with many receiving government handouts and areas of high crime/drug use. That is a recipe for disaster regardless of what party controls the purse strings.

? You're defending it in this post, sillyass.

And a typical conservative response: Shoot the messenger instead of acknowledging the obvious. A state wholly controlled by republicans with about 1% of the country's population has 20% of the bottom 20 schools. I await your racial explanation that makes Oklahoma blacks look bad, if not worse than the thousands of black schools that didn't make the list. Maybe I'm wrong again and your excuse has nothing to do with race. I'll take your answer off the air.

You are spiraling into obscurity.

It's because you're not effective.

Teachers and teachers unions are known for being extreme conservatives. I blame conservatives too.

I see a teacher of the year just left. For Texas. To make more money. That's the teacher and union's fault, huh?

This is what your conservative government has enacted. Not a union. Not a teacher -- your republican house, senate, governor and education secretary.

And no, @AC2017 my generation got a pretty good education. The last reform we had was what -- Bellmon in the 1980's? Republicans have hegemonic (my favorite new word) control over it all. If a school is performing substandard, the state is supposed to step in. They don't and won't.

It's all about parenting. Until it's not, and then good schools still find a way to educate and inspire instead of conservative nothingism. They don't give a shit, it shows, they're horrible at government, and the board conservatives just make silly excuses to explain away the real world example of conservative government we all see.

They don't give a shit, it shows, they're horrible at government, and the board conservatives just make silly excuses to explain away the real world example of conservative government we all see.
So, are conthervatifths at fault for shitty schools in Democrat controlled states too? Or are those shitty schools, just like their shitty homicide rates, just standard fare for the Party?

So, are conthervatifths at fault for shitty schools in Democrat controlled states too? Or are those shitty schools, just like their shitty homicide rates, just standard fare for the Party?

Well, first things first. Oklahoma has 1% of the population and 20% of the bottom 20 schools. Why such an outsized % of bad schools in comparison to other states? Anyone else that close on a per capita basis?

Yeah - time to talk about Maryland's murder rate now, huh? (Snicker)

Yeah - time to talk about Maryland's murder rate now, huh? (Snicker)
When is a good time to talk about murder rates? Dems own 17 out of the top 20. Maybe tomorrow after we solve this pressing conthervatifth problem?

giphy.gif

When is a good time to talk about murder rates?

When someone wears out Oklahoma conservatives for running our education into the ground it's a good time to switch the topic to Chicago, huh?

Can't make that reaction up. Lol. This needs pinned.

When someone wears out Oklahoma conservatives for running our education into the ground it's a good time to switch the topic to Chicago, huh?

Can't make that reaction up. Lol. This needs pinned.
If we made a poll, I wonder what would rate higher as a significant threat to human lives, some shitty schools in Oklahoma or the murder rates in the top 20 cities for murder rates...

Your hot flash hysterics aside of course. We already know how you'd vote.

If we made a poll, I wonder what would rate higher as a significant threat to human lives, some shitty schools in Oklahoma or the murder rates in the top 20 cities for murder rates...

I wonder which issues would poll as most irrelevant to a thread about Oklahoma education: Murder rates in top 20 cities or falling into a tank of piranha?

As a conservative, I've said it countless times on this forum...

The Public Education System is the biggest threat to our society. It blows goats. Why it's forbidden to acknowledge that it's a failure on every level is one of the great mysteries today. Guess it's because everyone is related or knows a teacher. I got news for you, they suck too.

I wonder which issues would poll as most irrelevant to a thread about Oklahoma education: Murder rates in top 20 cities or falling into a tank of piranha?
Watching you catch the vapors over Oklahoma conthervatifths is damn hysterical.

Of course you aren't self aware enough to realize that there probably isn't a single poster on this board that disagrees with you that conthervatifths have done no favors for an already shitty education budget in Oklahoma. They've made it worse for quite some time. Every. Single. Year. And they have no answers.

I didn't want to break that to you earlier in the thread because your tireless panting is damn funny. Now get back to giving us all these breaking news reports on Oklahoma conthervatifths.

As a conservative, I've said it countless times on this forum...

The Public Education System is the biggest threat to our society. It blows goats. Why it's forbidden to acknowledge that it's a failure on every level is one of the great mysteries today. Guess it's because everyone is related or knows a teacher. I got news for you, they suck too.
Oh I'm well aware and completely agree. The failures even translate into violent crime. It's just too funny to wind syskatine up and watch him run into walls.

Reactions: CBradSmith
I see a teacher of the year just left. For Texas. To make more money. That's the teacher and union's fault, huh?

This is what your conservative government has enacted. Not a union. Not a teacher -- your republican house, senate, governor and education secretary.

And no, @AC2017 my generation got a pretty good education. The last reform we had was what -- Bellmon in the 1980's? Republicans have hegemonic (my favorite new word) control over it all. If a school is performing substandard, the state is supposed to step in. They don't and won't.

It's all about parenting. Until it's not, and then good schools still find a way to educate and inspire instead of conservative nothingism. They don't give a shit, it shows, they're horrible at government, and the board conservatives just make silly excuses to explain away the real world example of conservative government we all see.

Well my son recently graduated high school in Oklahoma and got a pretty good education.

Oklahoma schools have always been at the bottom with Mississippi and Arkansas.

Reactions: Medic007
What do you base that on?
Duh, history.

Oklahoma has never had the money that many states have had plus you throw in a bad funding system where rich districts have plenty of money and poor districts scrape by. Also in my opinion to much money is spent on administration because of the sheer number of districts.

Want to guess who was in charge of setting all this up. Democrats. They controlled this state lock, stock and barrel for almost all of the first 75 years.

Reactions: AC_Exotic
Want to guess who was in charge of setting all this up. Democrats. They controlled this state lock, stock and barrel for almost all of the first 75 years.
Sshhhhh. I don't think syskatine knows that 2015 marked the first time ever that Republicans outnumbered Democrats in Oklahoma, by a margin of a whopping 43.6% to 43.5%. That number has grown more in the past 2 years and as of Jan 2017 stands at about 46% Republican and 40% Democrat. You're going to blow up his conthervatifths narrative.

Oklahoma Democrats have been bailing the party that has become dominated by soiled diaper eating cry babies, self absorbed professional victim rescuing wealthy coastal progressives, white hating whites, and the basement dwellers who tear up the local Starbucks when they aren't coddled.

Duh, history.

Oklahoma has never had the money that many states have had plus you throw in a bad funding system where rich districts have plenty of money and poor districts scrape by. Also in my opinion to much money is spent on administration because of the sheer number of districts.

History. That's what I thought. I'll employ your methodology too.

We were #1 with a rich education tradition until republicans took over. We led the world in Rhodes and Fullbright scholars. Then, when republicans starved our educational system with their tax allergy, private schools popped up and the whole state suffered.

See? I can pull "facts" out of my ass too. You don't have one single source for this "We're historically with Mississippi" stuff but let's face it: A conservative audience doesn't expect that so long as it sounds good.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT