ADVERTISEMENT

Mini-Me Declares War On AP African American Studies

Lots, it always shows when I’m dealing with you.

Like every science discussion we’ve had.

So, prove you aren’t lacking once.

Just for kicks.

You need to burn some calories anyway.
Do you want to revisit the glyphosate causes covid conversation?

Trying to look at it from a different perspective.

This is extremely unlikely to be about simply not wanting to teach the History of African Americans in the US.

It's going to be about the stuff that rides along with a course like this -- or at least what they think does.

What somebody like DeSantis and the like are railing against is when courses like this are loaded up with concepts like "whiteness" or that America is a fundamentally white supremacist country -- these sort of debatable conceptualizations that are often undergirded by a certain sort of socio-political ideology that doesn't have to be associated with the simple history telling of African American's in the US.

It's the one sided political commentary inserted into the history that they're railing against. That it's just that perspective -- no others -- and it's taught as matter of fact.

That's what they don't like.

This is extremely unlikely to be about simply not wanting to teach the History of African Americans in the US.

It's going to be about the stuff that rides along with a course like this -- or at least what they think does.

What somebody like DeSantis and the like are railing against is when courses like this are loaded up with concepts like "whiteness" or that America is a fundamentally white supremacist country -- these sort of debatable conceptualizations that are often undergirded by a certain sort of socio-political ideology that doesn't have to be associated with the simple history telling of African American's in the US.

It's the one sided political commentary inserted into the history that they're railing against. That it's just that perspective -- no others -- and it's taught as matter of fact.

Well the left doesn't like history. Statues torn down and stuff. The left has proven that history is no fun to them if they can't rewrite it or erase it. Hurt feelers and whatnot.

Reactions: LAY THE WOODY

That’s a great explanation. That’s precisely what I don’t like. It is revisionist history at its worst, used to fit a particular ideology which is nothing more than leftist indoctrination, the perspective that America was founded on a bedrock of racism, white people in general are uniquely racist (always have been, alway will be), and needs to be fundamentally altered to a collectivist vision. And as you put it, it’s taught as fact.

I never made that claim.

But I’m sure I could explain anything that’s troubling you about whatever point you think you have in a few words that even you will understand.
Come now, David spent ten minutes looking it up on Google, which makes him smarter than you by a factor of at least ten. You should give up while you’re ahead.

Reactions: Alpha Woke
the perspective that America was founded on a bedrock of racism,

I mean…

The White House
The US Capitol Building / Statue of Freedom
The Smithsonian
Wall Street
Fort Sumter, SC
Harvard Law School
Castillo de San Marcos, St. Augustine
Georgetown University
UNC
Monticello mansion
Montpelier mansion
Mount Vernon

All built mostly by slaves…just to name a few…

carry on

I mean…

The White House
The Smithsonian
Wall Street
Fort Sumter, SC
Harvard Law School
Georgetown University
UNC
Monticello mansion
Montpelier mansion
Mount Vernon

carry on
Perfect example of your intellect or should I say your complete lack of it.

Last edited:
I mean…

The White House
The Smithsonian
Wall Street
Fort Sumter, SC
Harvard Law School
Georgetown University
UNC
Monticello mansion
Montpelier mansion
Mount Vernon

carry on
Whether on purpose or not you miss the point in spectacular fashion. The Declaration of Independence, the American Revolution, the Articles of Confederation, the US Constitution. None of those things took place or were designed for the specific purpose of protecting the institution of slavery. Any educational program that teaches they were, such as many (if not most) African American Studies programs maintain should be roundly rejected. There is no escaping the despicable history of American slavery, but to suggest it was the mainspring of America’s founding whose tentacles still have an iron grip on society in the 21st Century is mistaken at best and full of evil intent at worst. I for one hope that Mini-Me’s courage in standing against this evil is adopted across the country.

Whether on purpose or not you miss the point in spectacular fashion. The Declaration of Independence, the American Revolution, the Articles of Confederation, the US Constitution. None of those things took place or were designed for the specific purpose of protecting the institution of slavery. Any educational program that teaches they were, such as many (if not most) African American Studies programs maintain should be roundly rejected. There is no escaping the despicable history of American slavery, but to suggest it was the mainspring of America’s founding whose tentacles still have an iron grip on society in the 21st Century is mistaken at best and full of evil intent at worst. I for one hope that Mini-Me’s courage in standing against this evil is adopted across the country.

Three-fifths Compromise​

Article Talk

The Three-fifths Compromise was an agreement reached during the 1787 United States Constitutional Convention over the inclusion of slaves in a state's total population. This count would determine the number of seats in the House of Representatives; the number of electoral votes each state would be allocated; and how much money the states would pay in taxes. The compromise counted three-fifths of each state's slave population toward that state's total population for the purpose of apportioning the House of Representatives. Even though slaves were denied voting rights, this gave Southern states more Representatives and more presidential electoral votes than if slaves had not been counted. It also gave slaveholders similarly enlarged powers in Southern legislatures; this was an issue in the secession of West Virginia from Virginia in 1863. Free blacks and indentured servants were not subject to the compromise, and each was counted as one full person for representation.[1]
In the United States Constitution, the Three-fifths Compromise is part of Article 1, Section 2, Clause 3. Section 2 of the Fourteenth Amendment (1868) later superseded this clause and explicitly repealed the compromise.

carry on

Reactions: my_2cents

Three-fifths Compromise​

Article Talk

The Three-fifths Compromise was an agreement reached during the 1787 United States Constitutional Convention over the inclusion of slaves in a state's total population. This count would determine the number of seats in the House of Representatives; the number of electoral votes each state would be allocated; and how much money the states would pay in taxes. The compromise counted three-fifths of each state's slave population toward that state's total population for the purpose of apportioning the House of Representatives. Even though slaves were denied voting rights, this gave Southern states more Representatives and more presidential electoral votes than if slaves had not been counted. It also gave slaveholders similarly enlarged powers in Southern legislatures; this was an issue in the secession of West Virginia from Virginia in 1863. Free blacks and indentured servants were not subject to the compromise, and each was counted as one full person for representation.[1]
In the United States Constitution, the Three-fifths Compromise is part of Article 1, Section 2, Clause 3. Section 2 of the Fourteenth Amendment (1868) later superseded this clause and explicitly repealed the compromise.
Perfect description of you.
Some people have fact; these can be proven. Some people have theories; these can be disproven. But people with opinions are mindless and have their minds made up about it.

Reactions: AC2020
Perfect description of you.
Some people have fact; these can be proven. Some people have theories; these can be disproven. But people with opinions are mindless and have their minds made up about it.

Please enlighten us on what I’ve posted that you - of all people - could disprove lol…

carry on

Three-fifths Compromise​

Article Talk

carry on
Why do you suppose a compromise was necessary?

• Haha
Reactions: ClintonDavidScott
Don’t try to weasel your way out of your own bullsh!t, Dan. Own up to the fact I easily destroyed your weak sauce attempt to yet again paint yourselfvas the smartest man in the room…

carry on
You destroyed nothing, Clinton. A compromise was necessary because over half the population was repulsed by slavery but compromised for the greater good that the country could not survive unless it hung together. If the original intent for establishing the country was to insure the continuance of slavery no compromise would have been necessary, everybody would have agreed with the slaveholders. Our country was not founded for the purpose of preserving slavery, and to say that it was, as Project 1619 insists and many AAS programs teach is just wrong and extremely hurtful that destabilizes socierty.

You destroyed nothing, Clinton. A compromise was necessary because over half the population was repulsed by slavery but compromised for the greater good that the country could not survive unless it hung together. If the original intent for establishing the country was to insure the continuance of slavery no compromise would have been necessary, everybody would have agreed with the slaveholders. Our country was not founded for the purpose of preserving slavery, and to say that it was, as Project 1619 insists and many AAS programs teach is just wrong and extremely hurtful that destabilizes socierty.

Soooo…you readily admit that slavery was an engrained institution in this country from the outset, repulsive to most or otherwise…

Got it.

No amount of 1620/CRT talking points can dismiss that…and you know it…which is why you’re so flustered lol

Destroyed.

carry on

Soooo…you readily admit that slavery was an engrained institution in this country from the outset, repulsive to most or otherwise…

Got it.

No amount of 1620/CRT talking points can dismiss that…and you know it…which is why you’re so flustered lol

Destroyed.

carry on
Are you crazy? No one could possibly deny that slavery existed at the time of the founding, and as far as I know no one ever has. But the country was not founded with the intent of preserving slavery, which is the precise contention of the 1619 Project which has been adopted as truth in AAS programs.

Are you crazy? No one could possibly deny that slavery existed at the time of the founding, and as far as I know no one ever has. But the country was not founded with the intent of preserving slavery, which is the precise contention of the 1619 Project which has been adopted as truth in AAS programs.

This country had to amend its own constitution to undo counting slaves as less than a full person, originally codified for the purposes of enhancing equal representation in congress for slave states lol. You have always spoken down of America and its failures, yet this is the hill you’re gonna die on as a PaTriOt?

It’s fascinating to find the topics of discussion that truly contort you into a psychological pretzel. Triggered and passive aggressive af haha.

carry on

Clinton's always "spectacular"! 🤣

Yes, Alf…it is funny lol…Dan flailing around trying to be that smartest guy in the room again, Bearcat being Bearcat…Lay the Woody being that guy who sucks the air out of any room…you guys should just gather around in a circle……

carry on

Not hard when you dumbasses make it so easy haha. Try educating yourself…gathering factual information…doing research…

instead of spitting bullsh!t that can be sledgehammered in 10 seconds flat

carry on
Well git with it "sledgehammer". Them Adderall ain't gonna help ya. Keep the laughs coming though sister. 👍

This country had to amend its own constitution to undo counting slaves as less than a full person, originally codified for the purposes of enhancing equal representation in congress for slave states lol. You have always spoken down of America and its failures, yet this is the hill you’re gonna die on as a PaTriOt?

It’s fascinating to find the topics of discussion that truly contort you into a psychological pretzel. Triggered and passive aggressive af haha.

carry on
This has nothing to do with patriotism and everything to do with historical accuracy. Pretending the American experiment with individual liberty is really a front to hide an experiment in preserving racism and slavery is nonsense and deserves to be called out. If the pretense is allowed to foster and grow we might as well kiss goodby to any hope for a society of free people.

Well git with it "sledgehammer". Them Adderall ain't gonna help ya. Keep the laughs coming though sister. 👍

Don’t need a sledgehammer when your bosom buddy @Ponca Dan’s 1620 pRojEcT/CRT rhetoric is Charmin-soft at best.

Do better. All of you. A lot better lol.

carry on

This has nothing to do with patriotism and everything to do with historical accuracy. Pretending the American experiment with individual liberty is really a front to hide an experiment in preserving racism and slavery is nonsense and deserves to be called out. If the pretense is allowed to foster and grow we might as well kiss goodby to any hope for a society of free people.
Let me add one other thing. If the country is steeped in racism as most AAS programs teach then the amendment to the Constitution would have gone the other way, making it harder for people of color to participate. If the country is as racist as the 1619 Project, Critical Race Theory and outfits like BLM say it is how is it you have escaped the racism that is all around you? What’s the secret?

Let me add one other thing. If the country is steeped in racism as most AAS programs teach then the amendment to the Constitution would have gone the other way, making it harder for people of color to participate. If the country is as racist as the 1619 Project, Critical Race Theory and outfits like BLM say it is how is it you have escaped the racism that is all around you? What’s the secret?
Would Sleepy give you a comprehensible answer? As well as his minions on this board? 🤣

Not hard when you dumbasses make it so easy haha. Try educating yourself…gathering factual information…doing research…

instead of spitting bullsh!t that can be sledgehammered in 10 seconds flat

carry on

Yeah, you a real keyboard assassin.

How many black people are in your blues band?

People that fall under the spell of things like CRT, the 1619 project and leftism in general have the critical thinking skills of a rock.

Maybe your fellow regressions should keep the CRT indocrination out of it
All it takes is for one of your propagandists to yell "CRT" and you will automatically oppose whatever is being discussed. They have you programmed perfectly.

All it takes is for one of your propagandists to yell "CRT" and you will automatically oppose whatever is being discussed. They have you programmed perfectly.
Or you could look at the curriculum and see it requires reading authors that are CRT and Project 1619 morons. Despite all leftist's belief to the contrary, the tax payers have a say in what is and isn't taught in our pubic schools. Some of us do not want our children indoctrinated with hate filled lies designed to destroy the country.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT