ADVERTISEMENT

McCarthy No Longer Speaker Of The House

2012Bearcat

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
Oct 30, 2010
Democrats will love this and try to spin it as Republican disfunction but I see at as something healthy for the country. Congress has passed what 4 budgets in the last 40 years, with the last one being 20 years ago, giving Congress what amounts to a blank check every year. With as corrupt as politics has become is it any wonder why we are 33 trillion in debt.

Gaetz. Isn’t he the one that the Slow 10 minus 1 were all up in arms about several months ago?
There are very few things I like better than seeing the establishent of either party getting knocked back a step or two. I imagine Gaetz is one of the most hated men in DC right now. I'm proud of him for having the backbone it takes to stand up for what he thinks is right. I saw where Chip Roy, who I thought is one of the most "conservative" congressmen, say he was voting to keep McCarthy because "now is not the right time to disrupt the goings on." That made smoke come out of my ears! For those people there is never the right time. Which means any time is the right time. Who cares if the Democrats chortle that the Republicans are dysfunctional? They are! The Republicans are in disarray! They've always been in disarray. And everybody has always known it, they just wouldn't say it out loud. I love seeing the establishment get sucker punched when they think it can never happen. Hip, Hip! Hooray!

Last edited:
There are very few things I like better than seeing the establishent of either party getting knocked back a step or two. I imagine Gaetz is one of the most hated men in DC right now. I'm proud of him for having the backbone it takes to stand up for what he thinks is right. I saw where Chip Roy, who I thought is one of the most "conservative" congressmen, say he was voting to keep McCarthy because "now is not the right time to disrupt the goings on." That made smoke come out of my ears! For those people there is never the right time. Which means any time is the right time. Who cares if the Democrats chortle that the Republicans are dysfunctional? They are! The Republicans are in disarray! They've always been in disarray. And everybody has always known it, they just wouldn't say it out loud. I love seeing the establishment get sucker punched when they think it can never happen. Hip, Hip! Hooray!
The republicans are in disarray because many, if not most, of them don’t share the same views as the Republican base, or they’re simply not willing to fight like the base is, so what good are they?

Someone I know mentioned Will Rogers regarding our government. A few of his quotes:

From Oklahoma’s very own, Will Rogers…

1. I don’t make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts.
2. There’s no trick to being a humorist when you have the whole government working for you.
3. Every time we see a bridegroom we wonder why she ever picked him, and it’s the same with public officials.
4. The trouble with practical jokes is that very often they get elected.
5. Our public men are speaking every day on something, but they ain’t saying anything.
6. If all politicians fished instead of speaking publicly, we would be at peace with the world.
7. If you ever injected truth into politics you have no politics.
8. A fool and his money are soon elected.
9. If we got one-tenth of what was promised to us...there wouldn’t be any inducement to go to heaven.
10. The more you read and observe about this politics thing, you got to admit that each party is worse than the other.
11. I love a dog. He does nothing for political reasons.
12. Those who complain about the high cost of government should be glad we’re not getting all the government we’re paying for.
13. This country has come to feel the same when Congress is in session as when a baby gets hold of a hammer.
14. With Congress, every time they make a joke it’s a law, and every time they make a law it’s a joke.
15. If I studied all my life, I couldn’t think up half the number of funny things passed in one session of Congress.
16. Never blame a legislative body for not doing something. When they do nothing, that don’t hurt anybody. When they do something is when they become dangerous.
17. I don’t want to complain, but every time they build a tax structure, the first thing they nail is me.
18. If you make any money, the government shoves you in the creek once a year with it in your pockets, and all that don’t get wet you can keep.
19. The only difference between death and taxes is that death doesn’t get worse every time Congress meets.
20. The taxpayers are sending congressmen on expensive trips abroad. It might be worth it, except they keep coming back.
21. About all I can say for the United States Senate is that it opens with a prayer and closes with an investigation.
22. On account of us being a democracy and run by the people, we are the only nation in the world that has to keep a government four years, no matter what it does.
23. I bet after seeing us, George Washington would sue us for calling him “father.”

Someone I know mentioned Will Rogers regarding our government. A few of his quotes:

2. There’s no trick to being a humorist when you have the whole government working for you.
3. Every time we see a bridegroom we wonder why she ever picked him, and it’s the same with public officials.
5. Our public men are speaking every day on something, but they ain’t saying anything.
6. If all politicians fished instead of speaking publicly, we would be at peace with the world.
9. If we got one-tenth of what was promised to us...there wouldn’t be any inducement to go to heaven.
10. The more you read and observe about this politics thing, you got to admit that each party is worse than the other.
12. Those who complain about the high cost of government should be glad we’re not getting all the government we’re paying for.
13. This country has come to feel the same when Congress is in session as when a baby gets hold of a hammer.
14. With Congress, every time they make a joke it’s a law, and every time they make a law it’s a joke.
15. If I studied all my life, I couldn’t think up half the number of funny things passed in one session of Congress.
16. Never blame a legislative body for not doing something. When they do nothing, that don’t hurt anybody. When they do something is when they become dangerous.
17. I don’t want to complain, but every time they build a tax structure, the first thing they nail is me.
18. If you make any money, the government shoves you in the creek once a year with it in your pockets, and all that don’t get wet you can keep.
19. The only difference between death and taxes is that death doesn’t get worse every time Congress meets.
20. The taxpayers are sending congressmen on expensive trips abroad. It might be worth it, except they keep coming back.
21. About all I can say for the United States Senate is that it opens with a prayer and closes with an investigation.
22. On account of us being a democracy and run by the people, we are the only nation in the world that has to keep a government four years, no matter what it does.
23. I bet after seeing us, George Washington would sue us for calling him “father.”
Brother! 👍

The republicans are in disarray because many, if not most, of them don’t share the same views as the Republican base, or they’re simply not willing to fight like the base is, so what good are they?
I’m not in 100% agreement with this. There is the Republican base and the MAGA base, and they are not necessarily the same, and you’re right that they don’t share all the same values, although they do share a lot of them. The MAGA base wants to believe they’re the overwhelming majority of the party, and anyone not MAGA is not a true Republican, and in that regard they are in error. The non-MAGA politicians are representing people who voted for them, and right now there are more of them than the MAGA’s. Where I think too many MAGA’s make a mistake is in thinking non-MAGA politicians are legislating against the wishes of the people they purportedly represent. If that were the case the people would not keep re-electing them. The supposed “split” in the desires of the Republican base and the MAGA base is the source of the dysfunction within the party. The Republican base, the establishment, has had control of the party for so long it doesn’t quite know how to react when a rebel force like the MAGA base gains leverage and pushes back at them. They’re apparently going to learn the hard way.

I’m not in 100% agreement with this. There is the Republican base and the MAGA base, and they are not necessarily the same, and you’re right that they don’t share all the same values, although they do share a lot of them. The MAGA base wants to believe they’re the overwhelming majority of the party, and anyone not MAGA is not a true Republican, and in that regard they are in error. The non-MAGA politicians are representing people who voted for them, and right now there are more of them than the MAGA’s. Where I think too many MAGA’s make a mistake is in thinking non-MAGA politicians are legislating against the wishes of the people they purportedly represent. If that were the case the people would not keep re-electing them. The supposed “split” in the desires of the Republican base and the MAGA base is the source of the dysfunction within the party. The Republican base, the establishment, has had control of the party for so long it doesn’t quite know how to react when a rebel force like the MAGA base gains leverage and pushes back at them. They’re apparently going to learn the hard way.
I don’t consider the establishment the Republican base. The Republican base are the people who ask themselves “what would Limbaugh do?” which often falls right in line with MAGA. This is why I laugh at anyone who talks about the “Trump cult”. It’s really the Limbaugh Cult, and I will wear that label with honor.

The Tulsa World daily publishes "Will Rogers says". It's amazing how many things he said way back in the last century still are applicable today.

If only Will were alive today. A real voice of reason. We're forced to live a confused discombobulated life these days.

The Democrats have done a much better job of managing their party than the Republicans. Pelosi had to deal with an extreme wing as well in the AOCs and her ilk but she was always able to keep her party in check and get the votes when she needed them.

The Republicans have a real identity issue. If one party is united and one isn’t, that doesn’t bode well for the fractured party.

This shouldn't surprise anyone.

Democrats will love this and try to spin it as Republican disfunction but I see at as something healthy for the country.
Telling the truth isn't spin Bearcat. We are absolutely watching Republican dysfunction. The whole nation is.

If you Republicans think this is good for 2024, keep it up. Have at it.

This shouldn't surprise anyone.

Telling the truth isn't spin Bearcat. We are absolutely watching Republican dysfunction. The whole nation is.

If you Republicans think this is good for 2024, keep it up. Have at it.
Yea I do. Making deals with Democrats to keep spending trillions more than revenue is not good for the country.

Reactions: GunsOfFrankEaton
Making deals with Democrats to keep spending trillions more than revenue is not good for the country.
So I guess your previous claim about wanting to see Republicans and Democrats work together was just a lie. Remember that? Super majority and all that to pass a bill?

Now, here we have you supporting getting rid of one of your own if he/she simply dares to make a deal with Democrats lol!

Dang dude, do you even know what you really believe in? Or does it all change based on what Fox News tells you on a particular day?

But hey, don't let me or any other Democrat stop you. Keep supporting this dysfunction in the House and keep being a hypocrite. As I said, have at it!

So I guess your previous claim about wanting to see Republicans and Democrats work together was just a lie. Remember that? Super majority and all that to pass a bill?

Now, here we have you supporting getting rid of one of your own if he/she simply dares to make a deal with Democrats lol!

Dang dude, do you even know what you really believe in? Or does it all change based on what Fox News tells you on a particular day?

But hey, don't let me or any other Democrat stop you. Keep supporting this dysfunction in the House and keep being a hypocrite. As I said, have at it!
When Democrats want to continue spending at unsustainable levels? Yea tell them to fvck off.
Government is currently spending over 2 trillion dollars more than it takes in in a time where Biden and the Democrats are telling us everything is great. There is no national emergency, no pandemic yet we are spending at levels like there is.

• Love
When Democrats want to continue spending at unsustainable levels? Yea tell them to fvck off.
Government is currently spending over 2 trillion dollars more than it takes in in a time where Biden and the Democrats are telling us everything is great. There is no national emergency, no pandemic yet we are spending at levels like there is.

Yell a little bit louder that you are a Republican and Fox News pawn. Go ahead.

And while you are it, drop your bs about wanting to see both parties working together. That is clearly not what you want and it never has been.

Yell a little bit louder that you are a Republican and Fox News pawn. Go ahead.

And while you are it, drop your bs about wanting to see both parties working together. That is clearly not what you want and it never has been.
When Democrats are wrong no one should work with them. The current Democrat party is not the party of the past.

When Democrats are wrong no one should work with them.
And you think the Democrats are always wrong. Therefore, you never want a Republican working with them. You have claimed, after all, that Democrats are the greatest threat to this country.

So then, can we now dispense with your previous claim that you want to see all laws passed with a super majority and that Republicans and Democrats must work together? Because clearly, that isn't what you believe or want.

You are a fascist Republican hardliner. You always have been. And now, you are enjoying the civil war in your own party like a political fool. Trying to convince yourself it is good for your party lol!

Admit what you are for once and just be honest.

Last edited:
And you think the Democrats are always wrong. Therefore, you never want a Republican working with them. You have claimed, after all, that Democrats are the greatest threat to this country.

So then, can we now dispense with your previous claim that you want to see all laws passed with a super majority and that Republicans and Democrats must work together? Because clearly, that isn't what you believe or want.

You are a fascist Republican hardliner. You always have been. And now, you are enjoying thr civil war in your own party like a political fool. Trying to convince yourself it is good for your party lol!

Admit what you are for once and just be honest.
Name something Democrats are right about.

but current Democrats have fvcked Social Security up like everything else they touch.
Wrong again.

You asked and I gave you a very simple answer. See how easy that was lol?

Maybe the old Democrat Party
The Democratic Party that gave us Social Security is the same Democratic Party of today.

And the Republicans who have always opposed, sought to end, cut, or destroy Social Security are the same Republicans of today.

Last edited:
Wrong again.

You asked and I gave you a very simple answer. See how easy that was lol?

The Democratic Party that gave us Social Security is the same Democratic Party of today.

And the Republicans who have always opposed, end, cut, or destroy Social Security are the same Republicans of today.
LMAO you are delusional.

If you think this current crop of Democrats is anything like that created Social Security you are delusional.
No, you are delusional.

FDR is still a hero among almost all Democrats. So is every other liberal or progressive Democrat who fought for Social Security throughout the years.

Meanwhile, Republicans today very often attack FDR and those other liberal/progressive Democrats.

Seriously man, you are really struggling right now. And all I had to do was say two words lol!🤣🤣

No, you are delusional.

FDR is still a hero among almost all Democrats. So is every other liberal or progressive Democrat who fought for Social Security throughout the years.

Meanwhile, Republicans today very often attack FDR and those other liberal/progressive Democrats.

Seriously man, you are really struggling right now. And all I had to do was say two words lol!🤣🤣
Says the trans who faps to hills swollen melon. 🤣

Social Security.

Maybe the old Democrat Party but current Democrats have fvcked Social Security up like everything else they touch. Try again.
In the beginning SS debates, Pubs assured us SS would be this marvelous wonderful utopia in it's early stages, slow but surely evolving into a nightmare. Those Pubs nailed it. Look at the Social Security nightmare of today. Scheduled to run out in 2033.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT