ADVERTISEMENT

Looking At It From The Other Side Of The Conflict

Dodge, have you bothered to look into what the "gang" part of "gang rape" is yet?

One sides war propaganda isn’t better than the others.

It’s all propaganda.
Exactly. But if you follow the propaganda from one side you should follow it from the other. The author of this piece paints a very bleak picture of the future for both Israel and America. If he’s correct, and I leave that for you to decide, it might be wise to consider it and make corrections to prevent it. Ignoring it may lead to very painful or humiliating unanticipated end.

• Haha
Reactions: Medic007
Dodge, have you bothered to look into what the "gang" part of "gang rape" is yet?
Is it not comical that he's defending a group of people that murdered 1200 civilians on the basis that Israel didn't perform rape kits on those corpses so there's no hard evidence that they committed 'mass rapes' alongside their 'mass murders'.

Exactly. But if you follow the propaganda from one side you should follow it from the other. The author of this piece paints a very bleak picture of the future for both Israel and America. If he’s correct, and I leave that for you to decide, it might be wise to consider it and make corrections to prevent it. Ignoring it may lead to very painful or humiliating unanticipated end.

No.

Doing that leads someone to post something with every sentence ending in exclamation points.

That’s the aim of the stuff you link.

Yes, I have conducted a thorough investigation and learned that according to the “Medic Criteria” it is gang rape when there are 2 rapists and when the UN Report “mentions” (whatever that means) there was a (singular) gang rape (without specifics) we are treated to conclusive evidence there was SYSTEMATIC (a word you never use even though it is the key word of our debate) mass rape by thousands, or hundreds, or dozens, or maybe it was two attackers, and the accusation of *systematic* rape, flimsy as the evidence is, trumps the known murders of hundreds of innocent people. The murders are not enough to inflame our fury, we must obsess about unproven systematic-ordered-from-above rapes if we’re going to justify the genocide Israel is committing even though we’ll insist it isn’t genocide despite the mountains of evidence that it is, contrary to the paltry evidence of mass *systematic* rape which we accept without qualification. See how much you have taught me! You’re a true learned scholar that has so much knowledge to share. Your wisdom is greatly appreciated.

• Haha
Yes, I have conducted a thorough investigation and learned that according to the “Medic Criteria” it is gang rape when there are 2 rapists and when the UN Report “mentions” (whatever that means) there was a (singular) gang rape (without specifics) we are treated to conclusive evidence there was SYSTEMATIC (a word you never use even though it is the key word of our debate) mass rape by thousands, or hundreds, or dozens, or maybe it was two attackers, and the accusation of *systematic* rape, flimsy as the evidence is, trumps the known murders of hundreds of innocent people. The murders are not enough to inflame our fury, we must obsess about unproven systematic-ordered-from-above rapes if we’re going to justify the genocide Israel is committing even though we’ll insist it isn’t genocide despite the mountains of evidence that it is, contrary to the paltry evidence of mass *systematic* rape which we accept without qualification. See how much you have taught me! You’re a true learned scholar that has so much knowledge to share. Your wisdom is greatly appreciated.
There you go, defending a terrorist organization over semantics because the IDF was too respectful of the corpses of their dead civilians to run rape kits against them to prove that the apparent rapes (torn clothing, exposed genitalia, bondage marks, etc) were actually rapes. Bravo Dan. You're more sick and depraved than I thought.

Is it not comical that he's defending a group of people that murdered 1200 civilians on the basis that Israel didn't perform rape kits on those corpses so there's no hard evidence that they committed 'mass rapes' alongside their 'mass murders'.
Israel killed about 400 of the 1200, so there is that to consider. I had not mentioned anything about rape kits, but now that you bring it up could you please explain what is the purpose of a rape kit, why is it used? Were there any rape kits involved in proving there was mass systematic rape as a weapon of war on Oct 7? If not, why not?

• Haha
So the brief answer is no, you can't be bothered with facts because your narrative is just too important to you. Rape isn't resistance, Dan, and gang rape meets the literal definition of "systematic." I'm sorry I keep bringing facts into your emotional flailing.

There you go, defending a terrorist organization over semantics because the IDF was too respectful of the corpses of their dead civilians to run rape kits against them to prove that the apparent rapes (torn clothing, exposed genitalia, bondage marks, etc) were actually rapes. Bravo Dan. You're more sick and depraved than I thought.
Asking for specific evidence of an accusation that is made by a party with a stake in the result is NOT defending Hamas. If Israel is going to throw around claims of outrageous criminal conduct over and above the *known* criminal act of murder, it should be prepared to prove it. Nothing shown on this board for the last 12 months comes close to reaching that level. Your unadulterated hatred of Hamas, while completely understandable, does not allow you to take shortcuts with the truth.

So the brief answer is no, you can't be bothered with facts because your narrative is just too important to you. Rape isn't resistance, Dan, and gang rape meets the literal definition of "systematic." I'm sorry I keep bringing facts into your emotional flailing.
Sorry, Medic, but “mentioning” a gang rape is not presenting a fact. As they said in the old Wendys commercial; Show me the beef!

• Haha
Asking for specific evidence of an accusation that is made by a party with a stake in the result is NOT defending Hamas. If Israel is going to throw around claims of outrageous criminal conduct over and above the *known* criminal act of murder, it should be prepared to prove it. Nothing shown on this board for the last 12 months comes close to reaching that level. Your unadulterated hatred of Hamas, while completely understandable, does not allow you to take shortcuts with the truth.
If Hamas didn't want to be accused of raping its victims en masse, then maybe they should have taken better care to not bind them, tear their clothing, expose their genitalia, etc. while brutally murdering its 1200+ victims.

Sorry, Medic, but “mentioning” a gang rape is not presenting a fact. As they said in the old Wendys commercial; Show me the beef!
If only the UN report didn't present facts, the things you're so deathly allergic to these days, Dodge. I'll repost part of one of the excerpts again. Maybe you should call the super smart daughter in law and have her pull your head out of Hamas ass for you.

"Based on the information gathered by the mission team from multiple and independent sources, there are reasonable grounds to believe that conflict-related sexual violence occurred during the 7 October attacks in multiple locations across Gaza periphery, including rape and gang rape, in at least three locations..."

You could look into what gang rape is and how it has been used in conflict throughout history, but those are facts and you're deathly allergic to those. I know "conflict-related" is way outside your wheelhouse so I'm not even touching on what that is.

If Hamas didn't want to be accused of raping its victims en masse, then maybe they should have taken better care to not bind them, tear their clothing, expose their genitalia, etc. while brutally murdering its 1200+ victims.
Well, to begin with Hamas murdered roughly 800, Israel murdered the rest. But you're correct, 100% correct, what Hamas did on Oct 7 was horrific, one day of overwhelming terror and the perpetrators should be given no quarter. Oct 7 has only been overshadowed by what Israel has done in response.

If only the UN report didn't present facts, the things you're so deathly allergic to these days, Dodge. I'll repost part of one of the excerpts again. Maybe you should call the super smart daughter in law and have her pull your head out of Hamas ass for you.

"Based on the information gathered by the mission team from multiple and independent sources, there are reasonable grounds to believe that conflict-related sexual violence occurred during the 7 October attacks in multiple locations across Gaza periphery, including rape and gang rape, in at least three locations..."

You could look into what gang rape is and how it has been used in conflict throughout history, but those are facts and you're deathly allergic to those. I know "conflict-related" is way outside your wheelhouse so I'm not even touching on what that is.
Perhaps since you have studied the report closely you could tell me how many rapes there were, how many gang rapes there were, and what specifics are given beyond saying "there are reasonable grounds." Does it identify the three locations and say how many rapes and gang rapes occurred at each, or is this sentence the only thing in the report on which you hang your hat? Look, Medic, I've given you every opportunity to provide compelling *specific* evidence, and so far this is the best you've got. It's compelling only to someone who really, really, really wants to believe it was systematic, that the commanders told the attackers "if you're not killing you need to be raping." By saying a gang rape by a couple of guys - or ten or twelve - is systematic is playing with the semantics of what Israel claimed. It might have been systematic by the rapists, but there is no evidence they were ordered to do what they did as part of a tactic in combat.

• Haha
Perhaps since you have studied the report closely you could tell me how many rapes there were, how many gang rapes there were, and what specifics are given beyond saying "there are reasonable grounds." Does it identify the three locations and say how many rapes and gang rapes occurred at each, or is this sentence the only thing in the report on which you hang your hat? Look, Medic, I've given you every opportunity to provide compelling *specific* evidence, and so far this is the best you've got. It's compelling only to someone who really, really, really wants to believe it was systematic, that the commanders told the attackers "if you're not killing you need to be raping." By saying a gang rape by a couple of guys - or ten or twelve - is systematic is playing with the semantics of what Israel claimed. It might have been systematic by the rapists, but there is no evidence they were ordered to do what they did as part of a tactic in combat.
You could read the UN report for yourself, Dodge, but apparently you hate factual information about your beloved Hamas rapists as much as you hate their victims. Strangely enough, I didn't write it nor am I the sole holder of the document. I've just read what it says.

The concept of "gang rape" and its use in conflict is not a novel idea. It's actually a fairly well documented issue. Just a smidgen of your head coming up out of Hamas ass for air would clue you into what "systematic" even means in this context. It's clear you have no grasp of that word or its meaning or we wouldn't be having this conversation about you looking like a rape apologist moron.

You could read the UN report for yourself, Dodge, but apparently you hate factual information about your beloved Hamas rapists as much as you hate their victims. Strangely enough, I didn't write it nor am I the sole holder of the document. I've just read what it says.

The concept of "gang rape" and its use in conflict is not a novel idea. It's actually a fairly well documented issue. Just a smidgen of your head coming up out of Hamas ass for air would clue you into what "systematic" even means in this context. It's clear you have no grasp of that word or its meaning or we wouldn't be having this conversation about you looking like a rape apologist moron.
I have a very clear grasp of what Israel said about systematic rape as a weapon of war, a combat tactic ordered by Hamas leadership. You apparently do not. I do not quibble whether there was or was not "gang rape." But an accusation needs more than to say there is clear evidence. What was the clear evidence? You've read the report from front to back. You should be able to say what comprises of the clear evidence, yet you shy away from doing so. It leads me to wonder whether the evidence is "Israel said so."

I have a very clear grasp of what Israel said about systematic rape as a weapon of war, a combat tactic ordered by Hamas leadership. You apparently do not. I do not quibble whether there was or was not "gang rape." But an accusation needs more than to say there is clear evidence. What was the clear evidence? You've read the report from front to back. You should be able to say what comprises of the clear evidence, yet you shy away from doing so. It leads me to wonder whether the evidence is "Israel said so."
Dan, gang rape is systematic by definition. No amount of your desperate flailing changes that fundamental fact. I'm not sure why you're stuck on whether or not it was "ordered by Hamas leadership." The fact that any gang rape occurred demonstrates that Hamas used sexual violence as a weapon on October 7. I hope I don’t need to explain to you that the likelihood of groups of men accidentally raping the same person at the same time are literally zero.

For someone who fancies himself as such a high level thinker, I'm dumbfounded that you can't get such a basic concept.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT